Si-MOCs

Kaliphlin Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

I've read the whole Mitgardian thread two or three times... though I did join when GoH started.

I think the idea is a good one, I'll make a list of everything sir Glorfindel has been up to.

I've read the whole Mitgardian thread two or three times... though I did join when GoH started.

I think the idea is a good one, I'll make a list of everything sir Glorfindel has been up to.

Okay, if you have a list ready by tomorrow you can PM me (or wait, if you'd rather), if not just post it in the thread I create. In general that is - I'm not just talking about Sir Glorfindel!

Well I will do a quick update - Looking back, I did much less building than I thought I would do. I guess moving twice had something to do with that.

Notable members of GEAR:

Dugal MacLean pledged Eastgate's allegiance a little over a year ago. Since then he has disappeared on rout to the oil fields, briefly popped up for an engagement, and disappeared again. There have been a few sightings in various cities around Historica, but no concrete word on why he went on his journey, or when he will be back.

Petera MacLean took care of a problem with the ruler of Al'Derek about a year ago and returned as 2nd Lord of Eastgate to manage the affairs of the city and GEAR while Dugal is absent. He recently has sent 3 war galleys to help Lord DaMaximus. There are rumors that he is in line to be the next headmaster of the Eastgate School of Magic.

Deregar the Bull, a cousin of the MacLeans, participated in the Battle of Khordeem in Mitgardia.

I think that is it. My other MOCs did not really have much to do with the characters.

@Kai NRG, just like Soccerkid, I have also checked the whole thread of Kaliphlin more than one time :laugh:

But that's mainly because I have once made a "City Guide", which I have to update again really soon ( :wacko: ) and thanks to the Wikia :classic:

But the second time, I am not reading all posts again, I only read those who are important for Historica (so no real life talking for example)

edit:

@Ska, about those war galley's, do you have a standard army, or can I use whatever I can? :classic:

If it is not a problem for you, I would use archers from the crusadors and black falcons (they are red & blue) as your reinforcements sent to me :)

I got around 50 of them I think, so that would be perfect then. :classic:

Oh and another note, in the middle of the tensions between Nocturnus and Avalonia (where you gave us the freedom to do whatever we want with Dugal Maclean, I had something in mind with him and the I.A.M.S. :blush:

But the war was over before I had the chance to realise it :classic:

But normally this is classified as Top Secret :wink: (and I only would do it if I had the permission of Lord Flagg)

Edited by DaMaximus

@Ska, about those war galley's, do you have a standard army, or can I use whatever I can? :classic:

If it is not a problem for you, I would use archers from the crusadors and black falcons (they are red & blue) as your reinforcements sent to me :)

I got around 50 of them I think, so that would be perfect then. :classic:

Oh and another note, in the middle of the tensions between Nocturnus and Avalonia (where you gave us the freedom to do whatever we want with Dugal Maclean, I had something in mind with him and the I.A.M.S. :blush:

But the war was over before I had the chance to realise it :classic:

But normally this is classified as Top Secret :wink: (and I only would do it if I had the permission of Lord Flagg)

Sounds good about the soldiers, actually, there is no official uniform of GEAR. There is of Eastgate, but not of the merchants company which would be providing the war galleys. Before our swearing of allegiance to Kaliphlin, these same men would be considered pirates along the southern coast. I don't have those same torso's to represent them on my side (was thinking of whipping up a little MOC of one of these war galleys), but I could see them as good "land uniforms" for them men to wear in battle. So do what you see fit.

As for Dugal, I don't even know exactly what he has been up to, I just know the end game is that he will resurface, he will lead an army against one of the elemental / cultist / Revelword armies as a prelude to the final challenge story I am coming up with. I would love to know what you did with him, makes his journey even more interesting.

Edited by SkaForHire

More than once... I can assure you that there is very little probablity I go though it multiple times... if I even make it past the first time... :tongue:

Anyways, thanks Ska, so now I have:

Rasputin J, SK, Da Maximus, Ska... and I feel like I'm missing some one (yeah, me, obvously :hmpf: ( :laugh: ) )... I'll go back over the last few pages anyways tomorrow - just in case anyone doesn't have the time to scrape something together, I will try to do it for you, it just won't be so accurate!

And if anyone doesn't really know where they are... I can always invent... :grin:

Notable members of The Nahtämatu include: Saladus Al-Juhtiv, Aran-Salath and Moonlord Kha

Currently Saladus who has now become the Black Wind (as is custom for the Aridesti Elves when a spouse dies) to avenge his wife Aran-Salath(killed at Starbowl by the Elemental Attack and her body brought to rest at the Citadel of the Moon), and his brother-in-law Moonlord Kha are on a blood mission to seek vengeance on The Hand of Corruption and Victor Revolword. Last known whereabouts were traveling through Nocturnus to find a Hand stronghold.

My current build, Nestlands Office of the Minister of External Affairs, will have a time setting of just before the winter solstice. Several Mpya Stedor soldiers will be in the scene. In my future builds I will add aproximate dates to my accompanying tales.

Here are the whereabouts of my current cast of characters.

Sdair Zuuree is currently still in Cobalt Vale with Minister Aturl Prndrn. The Minister is currently in talks with representatives from Mpya Stedor, Berigora and a minor Mitgardian trade fleet. A group of Avalonians are expected to join the talks soon. They will bring word of the fall of Cedrica.

The contingent of the High Guard from Ghuin Nol has remained in Cobalt Vale to bolster the city's defenses and to be ready when the Nestlands Clans of the Armored Eagle Goddess decide to join the greater fight for Historica.

Durgen Abirneend, Shay Liih and Namses Setesh have by now returned to Cobalt Vale. On their way back they passed through the remains of the carnage at Behduri. Wahl Zuuree and his twin brother Lohp have to listen to their uncle's tales of his 'adventure' over and over again.

Habneeb Shabneeb Babneeb and his caravan train never returned from Cedrica. They are believed either captured or dead.

Captain Ahmnatt Sanib has returned to Petraea. He was part of the holding action during the fire elemental attack, while most of the city guard got citizens to safety. For this he was promoted to Major and has had new armor commissioned. Snuggf Gruumish is now under his command.

Podnik Tok still runs the Dromedary Drinking Hall despite the depressed market. Joop Yah is still a regular patron, and has gone off pizza since no anchovies have made it to Petraea yet.

Avalonian Guardsman Gifinim Cireneg was killed in a bar fight in Albion by someone believed to be a member of the Avalonian Assassin Guild. This could not be confirmed, though.

Uurd Huurg left the Petraea court on a mission of vengance for Kathyrin Flagg. His plan was to find the Hammer of Onng'Ng and use it to slay Victor Revolword. Dextrus Flagg had Ourfin Mm'Driig and Lakid Mm'Driig go with him, since they botched giving Uurd the news. Their whereabouts are unknown at the moment.

I have more characters to add to my tales, but I will hold off until I firm up the stories for my planned builds.

gedren_y

Might I say that when Historica was forged, that was when many people "began to make records" on events. I say we follow the modern IRL calendar that would first begin to be used that day. So after 100 years of peace (November 2011), The plot began for the Revolword Saga, making November the first month of the Historica year. That would make this year "Year 101" of Historica. Today would be Januari (the third month) the eighth, 101.

Can we have a majority agree on this year format?

I have some pre-Historica info (that follows the Bards Song [see page one]) that I wrote, that I can add to this timeline as well. Other than that, I have very little to add presently.

@KaiNRG

I would suggest making a separate thread for time line discussion so that the timeline thread can be just timeline. No updates or question clutter. All of that would go In the discussion thread.

Edited by Penkid11

Sounds good about the soldiers, actually, there is no official uniform of GEAR. There is of Eastgate, but not of the merchants company which would be providing the war galleys. Before our swearing of allegiance to Kaliphlin, these same men would be considered pirates along the southern coast. I don't have those same torso's to represent them on my side (was thinking of whipping up a little MOC of one of these war galleys), but I could see them as good "land uniforms" for them men to wear in battle. So do what you see fit.

As for Dugal, I don't even know exactly what he has been up to, I just know the end game is that he will resurface, he will lead an army against one of the elemental / cultist / Revelword armies as a prelude to the final challenge story I am coming up with. I would love to know what you did with him, makes his journey even more interesting.

Hmm, I got also some pirate minifigs (in normal days, they are slave, but for this scene you have to forget everything I said in the past about my army :laugh: )

So I can give them weapons, armour and so on... But then I am not sure if they would be just "cannon-meat" or not... So I will probably stick with you sending archers :laugh:

About Dugal:

Dugal was responsible for the death of many Drows thanks some kind of poison (before the events of Historica started) as descripted in your entrance & history (I can't give the right post, but I think you will know what I am talking about).

So the Drows have already since a long time a bounty on his head.

Too bad for Dugal, some Kaliphlin bandits caught him, put him in a prison cage and their plan was to hand him over to the Drows, who would probably excecute him in front of the world.

But the I.A.M.S. (Still a KALIPHLIN agency, so they have to protect fellow guildsmen) could make it that Dugal would be sent to Everlast (the HQ of the I.A.M.S.) to save the life of Dugal.

As the I.A.M.S. is an alliance of the Drow, the Drow agreed, but on two conditions:

- he could not leave Everlast as long as the war was going on.

- he would be used to make the GEAR and Eastgate switch sides and make them support the Drow Rebellion instead of helping Avalonia.

So that was the plan of the I.A.M.S. with Dugal.

Luckily for him, he was after a few days free again as the war was really quickly over and the Drow were banned :classic: Thanks to that, we called our messenger (who was on his way to Eastgate) back, so no one would ever knew.

Like you said, later on, he was spotted at some events :laugh:

Okay, if you have a list ready by tomorrow you can PM me (or wait, if you'd rather), if not just post it in the thread I create. In general that is - I'm not just talking about Sir Glorfindel!

Thanks for taking the time to do this Kai! My character info should be listed on the wiki.

Might I say that when Historica was forged, that was when many people "began to make records" on events. I say we follow the modern IRL calendar that would first begin to be used that day. So after 100 years of peace (November 2011), The plot began for the Revolword Saga, making November the first month of the Historica year. That would make this year "Year 101" of Historica. Today would be Januari (the third month) the eighth, 101.

Can we have a majority agree on this year format?

I think that unless we get exact dates of the official storyline (ie:Vicktor Revolword) an exact calender will be kind of hard to use collectively. Probably the best solution will be a more genral time stamp like "In the year that Victor Revolword captured Cedrica".

Thanks for taking the time to do this Kai! My character info should be listed on the wiki....

Thanks, I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew...

Speaking of that here it is; a far cry from done but I wanted to post it so that anyone who does a summary for me can use the same format.

About Dugal:

Dugal was responsible for the death of many Drows thanks some kind of poison (before the events of Historica started) as descripted in your entrance & history (I can't give the right post, but I think you will know what I am talking about).

So the Drows have already since a long time a bounty on his head.

Too bad for Dugal, some Kaliphlin bandits caught him, put him in a prison cage and their plan was to hand him over to the Drows, who would probably excecute him in front of the world.

But the I.A.M.S. (Still a KALIPHLIN agency, so they have to protect fellow guildsmen) could make it that Dugal would be sent to Everlast (the HQ of the I.A.M.S.) to save the life of Dugal.

As the I.A.M.S. is an alliance of the Drow, the Drow agreed, but on two conditions:

- he could not leave Everlast as long as the war was going on.

- he would be used to make the GEAR and Eastgate switch sides and make them support the Drow Rebellion instead of helping Avalonia.

So that was the plan of the I.A.M.S. with Dugal.

Luckily for him, he was after a few days free again as the war was really quickly over and the Drow were banned :classic: Thanks to that, we called our messenger (who was on his way to Eastgate) back, so no one would ever knew.

Like you said, later on, he was spotted at some events :laugh:

Definitely very feasible! Sounds great. He was wanted by the Drow, so that makes total sense.

NOMEA should be finished tomorrow, but photography may have to wait until Monday. The roof design for Visiting Herbologists has been changed to a non-Lego wooden piece that I have been wanting to use for over a year. Both of these will inform the lead-up to my Challenge VI build story.

I also have an LDD build using exotic pieces in colors in which they do not exist. This is just for story, and as a fantasy wish for the parts in these colors. I don't expect it to be eligable for guild points.

I've made considerable progress on the Guilds of Historica Character Location and Facts, if those of you who haven't yet could please check it out and see if everything is all right with your stories, that would be great; also even if you have, I've fixed several...

Also, for those of you (gedren, Da Maximus, Robuko, and a few others I think as well, mostly Kaliphlin :tongue: ) that have more than four characters, if you could break them down yourself (life -optional-, currently, and any notes -opt as well-) that would be very helpful as it's hard to keep track of what's going on with so many for me (things like "the whereabouts of others are unknown" just don't work for me...). Edit: Do check out what I've got so far though, as there's no need to re-do that unless it's wrong...) Plus there may be some that really don't need to be listed (e.g. I wouldn't do Tardiff, he wont be seen any more in my story).

Thanks!

Edited by Kai NRG

Hi guys, sorry for not been active lately, but I have a lot of work to do in the (one and only) Greek LUG called Gricks. I don't really know if I'll have time build anything Guild realted in the future.

However, I definately want to do so :sceptic:

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Theo

Theo, sure hope you can find time to build something! Glad you were able to drop in anyways!

I propose a January Push: A Kaliphlin free-build contest to get us some more points for free builds. We may need these to win the final tally.

We could say no larger than 20x20.

Due Date: February 1st, 2013

Theme: Off to war. As we near the great battle to end Revolword's tyranny, many men and women will be leaving their families to go into battle. Design a MOC of somebody in Kaliphlin going off to war. This scene should portray a sense of duty (or maybe even conscription! :devil: ) perhaps sadness, worry, or even pride.

There should be at least one structure, as they are leaving their home. It could be a unit, and not just a single person leaving if you choose.

I know we can't make competitions that have prizes without the mods permission, but if we could get permission, I can put up the prize, and I can judge ( or we can have someone from the other guilds judge). Otherwise, it would be a "for fun" push, and then we could set up a thread for the GoH community to vote for the best scene.

What do you all think?

Whether it's for fun or for prize, it's a great idea! With Challenge VI going it might be a bit more of a challenge for everyone to participate as some of us will have our hands full with three MOCs of that size though. Are you suggesting just Kaliphlin I take it?

We certainly need more free builds. I know I almost always need some sort of motivation to build something like that; it's not that often (though occasionally, for my story especially) that I build just for the free build points.

Actually I always wished we had a system of titles like Avalonia. And I always wondered why so few of the Avalonians have all the titles (do any of them have all the titles?).

Edit: And I keep forgetting to post my free builds here:

8371138982_28e0748689_m.jpg

A Winter Hunt

Edited by Kai NRG

Whether it's for fun or for prize, it's a great idea! With Challenge VI going it might be a bit more of a challenge for everyone to participate as some of us will have our hands full with three MOCs of that size though. Are you suggesting just Kaliphlin I take it?

We certainly need more free builds. I know I almost always need some sort of motivation to build something like that; it's not that often (though occasionally, for my story especially) that I build just for the free build points.

Actually I always wished we had a system of titles like Avalonia. And I always wondered why so few of the Avalonians have all the titles (do any of them have all the titles?).

Edit: And I keep forgetting to post my free builds here:

8371138982_28e0748689_m.jpg

A Winter Hunt

I like the newest mini-story you put up there. Very good!

I agree with you about time constraints. That's why I thought something small might be worth it. More points for the guild, maybe a small MOC to try out a new building technique. Or maybe... even a prelude to our main builds for the challenge.

I guess Z's jesting in the questions forum got me to thinking how we could help bring up the points totals.

I propose a January Push: A Kaliphlin free-build contest to get us some more points for free builds. We may need these to win the final tally.

We could say no larger than 20x20.

<snip>

There should be at least one structure, as they are leaving their home. It could be a unit, and not just a single person leaving if you choose.

Great idea. I've got a build going now, but was thinking of incorporating it into the Challenge 6 build. I could probably rework it for a free-build, or maybe do something similar for the free-build. I'd remove the 'structure' requirement -- if someone wants to build a vignette without a structure that should be fine, although builds with interesting structures will get more points. Can we say no larger than 32x32, in case someone wants to use a baseplate?

I can donate a prize or two to contest also -- I managed to pick up a bunch of sets last year on pretty good clearance, although I missed the post-Xmas 2012 sales this year. I've still got some PoP and PQ sets around unopened that might make good Kaliphlin prizes (Mummy battlepacks, Desert Attacks, and Ostrich Races). I might also have some old PoP magnet minifigs, and they might be old enough that they're not glued to the magnet.

Kai -- I'm not a big fan of the titles, but if everyone else wants them, that's fine. Seems a bit pompous to go around calling yourself Lord High Mucky-Muck of This and Honorable Excellency of That and so on. I was reluctant to take the Cartographer title even. Awarding one title as a prize to the winner of a contest would be a bit better. But I always wondered how Avalonia had so many Kings of the Elves and Kings of the Forest, and Lord High Trash Collectors, and so on. If you have twenty High Kings of the Elves, who are the elves suppose to obey?

I'm fully rested up after two weeks of vacation, and itching to do some building. Unfortunately, the LEGO area of the house is a total mess after the kids played with their Xmas presents. But on the positive side, my son received quite a few LEGO sets for Christmas, including Helm's Deep; however he'll build them as sets first so they won't be available for MOCs for a month or two.

In other good news, I expect to get laid off from my job on Monday (> 50% chance we think), so I'll probably have more time to build soon! This layoff is expected, and wouldn't be the worst thing to happen, even from a career perspective. We'll see what happens.

Count me in for that!!

I got something in my head :classic:

@NM, yaaay for you having more buildtime :classic:

But, I really hope you'll get something else soon :classic:

Ok... A lot of response here and I am not going to quote, so bear with me.

To NM - Sorry about the layoff, I hope you find something quick that is enjoyable.

As for the challenge, I said small so that it doesn't take as much time, but I think 32x32 would be fine. Also, we could get rid of the structure requirement, but I thought we might end up with a bunch of armies marching to battle pics. Which, in themselves would not be bad, but as my ulterior motive here was to score as many free build points for the guild as possible, I don't know how well accepted so many scenes of men marching would be :) But, yeah, we can get rid of the requirement. I think we could definitely put this together, and if we could get permission, set up prizes.

I know what you mean about post-Christmas disasters. My building table is still occupied by a global version of Axis and Allies 1940, which takes up the whole table. We are only half way through the game, with no end in sight. Until then, I have very little building surface.

As for titles - I somewhat agree with NM. I think everyone should have the right to call themselves a minor title if they want (I think this was discussed a long time ago when talking about the mini-challenge titles) I think as a group we decided that we were not going to offer titles for certain builds because too many Avalonians were just pumping out uninspiring builds to rush through the title tree. What happened over there was a backlash between those who were not getting the titles quick enough and those who felt their builds were higher quality than other guild members. I suspect that that is why Avalonia dropped from something like 40 members and closed to 20 and open again. (I don't know the exact number they had). I also know that the way SI set up this guild, we were more democratic creating titles, stories, and challenges -- although we had less challenges. He kind of just let us drift and create the story, whereas Derfel and Siren seemed to have more of a guiding hand in their guilds at first. I am not sure what happened to ISC. I think that the guild leader portion has taken the wind out of the project for some of our leaders, but luckily we have Z here helping to keep it all running.

Don't forget we have the second semester of the University Challenge. I recently had a brain storm for my castle build which will eventually be 5 32x32 by 3 32x32. Right now only 2 32x32 by 2 32x32 is more than 3 bricks high (most of which is at 23 bricks high) but I've got the base laid out for the entire plan already. Varlyrio challenge gave me the inspiration for this so look forward to an expanded version of my Varlyrio entry. I also need to finish my The Path to Kakushi-shō but lost inspiration after working on the rocks which have been modified several times already. I'm still mulling over some ideas for the final challenge but I fear time may prevent me from creating an entry I am completely satisfied with being 3 MOCs are required.

In other good news, I expect to get laid off from my job on Monday

First time I've seen anyone list that as good news I think... :tongue:

Word!

Our guild leader became moderator of the Sci-Fi subforum a few days ago, but I don't think it will make that much difference for us :laugh:

Since the beginning, we had the freedom to do what we want. The only rule that S-M said was that we could not claim areas, just cities. And to be honest, that's for us the best, as we only got deserts :laugh:

ISC was never that talkative in GoH. Is one of the reasons that the Drow started a rebellion. However, I know that he is checking the Nocturnian thread now and then (well, a few months ago he did, and nothing really changed since then, so I guess he'll still do it). Luckily for him, there is not so much going on over there :laugh:

So for Kaliphlin & Nocturnus, well we got a leader, even if he is not there so much, so we behave us :classic:

Z has work enough with Avalonia :laugh: