Si-MOCs

Kaliphlin Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Hey guys, sorry to dampen the mood in here but I may be taking a major backseat for a while in here. Earlier this week, I had to bring my wife in to the ER. She woke me at 2am because she could not move or feel her right side at all. It was not a stroke, so that was great news, and she has regained sensation in that side. However, her limbs and face on the right side are having uncontrollable muscle spasms nearly every couple of minutes. We still have no idea what it is, and the doctors are running just about every test they can think of. So far, it could be anything from a spinal cord injury(she is recovering from a herniated disc), to a neurological disorder.

I will continue to be online, as this is one of my few outlets from reality, but building will probably be down as I am trying to run the house, work and help her with even brushing her teeth.

That's too bad, I'll be praying for her.

Hey guys, sorry to dampen the mood in here but I may be taking a major backseat for a while in here. Earlier this week, I had to bring my wife in to the ER. She woke me at 2am because she could not move or feel her right side at all. It was not a stroke, so that was great news, and she has regained sensation in that side. However, her limbs and face on the right side are having uncontrollable muscle spasms nearly every couple of minutes. We still have no idea what it is, and the doctors are running just about every test they can think of. So far, it could be anything from a spinal cord injury(she is recovering from a herniated disc), to a neurological disorder.

I will continue to be online, as this is one of my few outlets from reality, but building will probably be down as I am trying to run the house, work and help her with even brushing her teeth.

Sorry to hear this. Not knowing what you're up against is the worst feeling. Hope her health improves, and hope you don't go nuts trying to run the household. We'll all be pulling for you all.

I suppose we'd better get busy building the University of Petraea Medical School and Hospital.

So sorry to hear about your wife's health. I hope they can determine what's going on soon. I know caring for a loved one can be a lot of work, so stop by here as often as you like. Building is optional anyways - almost more Fantasy than Lego here.

Thanks Damaximus, Ecc, Soccerkid and dG! I appreciate the thoughts. I am usually pretty private and don't share much personal life, but the great community here led me to think I owed my guildmates and everyone else an explanation if I fall off the face of the earth for a bit.

I suppose we'd better get busy building the University of Petraea Medical School and Hospital.

Good call!

So sorry to hear about your wife's health. I hope they can determine what's going on soon. I know caring for a loved one can be a lot of work, so stop by here as often as you like. Building is optional anyways - almost more Fantasy than Lego here.

I will definitely be on here, the building is the most fun, but the stories and seeing everyone else's builds are also an amazing inspiration.

Earlier this week, I had to bring my wife in to the ER.

Sad to hear this but hoping she gets better real fast.....

Kayne,

So sorry to hear this. I hope that she has a speedy recovery. Best wishes.

I have a feeling everything will turn up ok, Kayne. The doctors are going to find out what was wrong, they are going to fix it and all will be as it was before. But for now, you can tell your wife that the whole GoH community is sending her happy and positive thoughts :)

Sorry to hear that you and your wife are having such a rough time - it certainly makes it hard when you don't know what you are up against. I hope that the docs figure out what is going on and can recommend a course for recovery soon. Kaliphlin and GoH will always be here for you whenever you have the time and energy to drop by. My best wishes to you both for your partner's speedy recovery. :classic:

Oh, man. I'm sorry. Praying that things get better.

Oh, man. I'm sorry. Praying that things get better.

same here, really hope she gets better soon!

That's too bad, I'll be praying for her.

I will too, really sorry to hear that.

On another note, I have a free build almost ready, so that should be done soon.

Edit: Here it is:

8008942719_1412a425ea.jpg

(click to go to the topic)

Edited by Kai NRG

Positive thoughts coming your way Kayne. We'll all be thing you you and your wife.

Sweet guild o' mine -- the Kelasituan Guild. Everyone in Historica has heard stories of the Floating Islands of Terapulau, but few have ever seen them. The islands sail around the great seas of the world, moving to the patterns of fish and weather. Occasionally, one of the islands will loom off the shore of Historica, prompting a flurry of trade with their inhabitants, a guild of sailors and fishermen known as the Kelasituan, only to then drift away over the horizon.

Didn't have time to finish all the builds I wanted to do for it, but at least I got something done. It's OK, I guess. But you should really check out Gabe's and Erynlasgalen's guilds. Great job, you all.

Hi all! Please check out my first MOC in Kaliphlin, as I had promised, kinda inspired by the Greek Islands' architecture, tried to combine it with our Guild, which was not hard.

Anyway, hope you like it...

8012055173_4f87d570cc.jpg

(Click to open the topic and make a comment)

Great job Theo, really love that MOC!

I've updated my Botanical Gardens now too:

8013471037_439d7b7af2.jpg

Wow, lots going on since I went on my travels.

Kayne, I hope you get a good diagnosis and treatment soon. Your family are in my prayers.

Erynlasgalen, congratulations on the 4th challenge win, well deserved!

Theo, welcome to Kaliphlin. Great to have you with us, and an excellent first build.

Shocker about Angeli! I feel we will be hearing much more from Gilence in Avalonia :wink:

I got a 5th guild entry together, I look forward to checking out all the other ones. Gabe's looks particularly promising from the WIP shots!

Kai NRG, those gardens are massive! It looks a wonderful place to chill and study. If you have the bricks, a bit of green landscaping like a hill would add quite a lot of texture to the lawn.

And a new challenge! Again my first thought it, with such detailed specs, how to stop the entries looking all a bit same-y? I have a few ideas for mine, not sure I have the bricks though.

Great to be back

:classic:

ps got my first whaddayacallit under my picture. That's really very funny. I guess I have SI-Mocs or Rogueang to thank for this honour. :laugh:

Edited by robuko

Wow, lots going on since I went on my travels.

ps got my first whaddayacallit under my picture. That's really very funny. I guess I have SI-Mocs or Rogueang to thank for this honour. :laugh:

Good to have you back, glad to see you got your entry in. I really liked your ideas when were were shooting messages back and forth.

I have an idea for something that I think will be unique, the problem is, I think it is beyond my skill level to pull off. Although, I do picture a lot of challenge 5 entries that revolve around old cathedrals or stone henge(s) with camps in them. My girlfriend is building a cave system for the challenge, but I don't think caves photograph well at all - definitely not going to discourage her from building it though.

On another note... I finally got internet at home back today, so I did get up some pictures of my Vignette: "The Least of the Marshlords." I know it is late (I really did finish it on the 20th!) But, I wanted to prove that I actually have finished something in the last 6 months.

8015753038_40fa879f87.jpg

DSC_1864 by skaforhire, on Flickr

My girlfriend is building a cave system for the challenge, but I don't think caves photograph well at all - definitely not going to discourage her from building it though.

You have one of those rare LEGO-building girlfriends! Wow, excellent catch. Trying to get my wife more into it (mostly so she'll support the financial implications of LEGO...), and she'll definitely help the kids with builds, but not so much on her own (yet!). Is your girlfriend already on EB and GoH? Is she going to join a different guild and compete with you? :tongue:

All, Apologies on the my recent silence, I have been put to work deep in the Iron mines of Builderian.

But they let me out for a short period of time just so I can WELCOME Old Jeremy!

You and your son, Ion is it? Are welcome to our newest member and look forward to your wisdom which you can bestow on us.

And might I say that's a great first build ! The moss on the side is really well done.

Arom Alled You partying rascal! Please tell me you have done your homework before you climbed into the heated bath with your schoolmates :laugh:

Excellent entry to the University!

Ageven Deraim That is a fantastic build! You've done a really great job with such a small scale - I really like the trees and the drawbridge :thumbup:

Dugal we have missed your builds - I like what you got there, the dark blue/gold on white is a great combo. Let's hope your girlfriend pulls through with that cave build ;)

--

Kayne please take care, and I'm hoping for a speedy recovery.

We will be here and you'll always have a place with us - regardless of your activity level.

Oh whups, i meant to post this linky to my 5th guild entry here - just click on the pic! And thanks to everyone who made suggestions on my WIP pic - it gave me lots to think about and was very helpful. :classic: (Thanks also NM for providing a link to my topic before i got around to it. 'Tis much appreciated mate!)

teahouse5eb1_210912.jpg

Best of luck to everyone else in the guild who submitted entries btw - Kaliphlin had the most entries in the 5th guild challenge out of all the guilds, really showcases our awesome storytelling skillz! :thumbup:

Shocker about Angeli! I feel we will be hearing much more from Gilence in Avalonia :wink:

That's crazy news about Angeli - such a silly move on his part to get himself banned. Nocturnus really must be feeling it now. :sad:

Ok - time to get cracking on my university build... got to leave myself enough time for challenge 5! :look:

That's crazy news about Angeli - such a silly move on his part to get himself banned. Nocturnus really must be feeling it now. :sad:

Ok - time to get cracking on my university build... got to leave myself enough time for challenge 5! :look:

I agree, I will miss him - always a good laugh, and you always need a heel!!! They are really hurting over there, as I think Hersb.... can't remember the name, but the werewolves, is breaking for a while too if I remember correctly. That is two big builders gone, along with numerous people saying that they are on hiatus. We may have only 3 guilds + 1 new (if people are allowed to join that one) soon!

As for your guild Gabe, definitely one of my favorites. Actually, I enjoyed all of our guild's entries (and some of the other guild's too!!!)

You have one of those rare LEGO-building girlfriends! Wow, excellent catch. Trying to get my wife more into it (mostly so she'll support the financial implications of LEGO...), and she'll definitely help the kids with builds, but not so much on her own (yet!). Is your girlfriend already on EB and GoH? Is she going to join a different guild and compete with you? :tongue:

No she is going to have to sign up though, as I was already told you can only enter one entry for C5. So she will have to stop lurking and create a fig and join up. She would probably join us, so no rivalry there.

I agree, I will miss him - always a good laugh, and you always need a heel!!! They are really hurting over there, as I think Hersb.... can't remember the name, but the werewolves, is breaking for a while too if I remember correctly. That is two big builders gone, along with numerous people saying that they are on hiatus. We may have only 3 guilds + 1 new (if people are allowed to join that one) soon!

As for your guild Gabe, definitely one of my favorites. Actually, I enjoyed all of our guild's entries (and some of the other guild's too!!!)

Thanks, i'm glad you like my entry Ska! Pennamore is pretty boss too - i wouldn't mind building there. :classic: In fact, i can't decide which entry is my favourite, there are too many awesome ones. I don't envy the judging panel...

Yeah, i really feel for Nocturnus, i almost joined them at the start and it really came down to a toss of a coin to decide which guild to join. They started with about the same number of members as us, but we've certainly been more active. I hear Legonardo is donating them a free build, i'm kinda considering the same thing. (assuming i can find the time!)

ps. Your partner is thinking of joining GoH? That's awesome! Hope there won't be too much fighting over parts! :wink:

Yeah, all two of us are really hurting. But actually, it will be a trick for us to have more than one entry into the next challenge now.