Si-MOCs

Kaliphlin Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

I was thinking about using Black and White, the combination resembles some kind of neutrality, or a balance between good and evil (yin yang) :laugh:

I simply was looking for the colors most different from the existing guilds (and the ones I have ofcourse). I also have a couple of light blue flags...baby blue :sick:

Haha, I gave them to Atlarka, an alliance of Ximus. As it is a Northern Guild, white and light blue are effective as it gives something cold :classic:

edit: but black and white are a really nice choice! :thumbup:

And edit again:

My story is made and can be read in here:

GoH Wikia

Edited by DaMaximus

Haha, I gave them to Atlarka, an alliance of Ximus. As it is a Northern Guild, white and light blue are effective as it gives something cold :classic:

edit: but black and white are a really nice choice! :thumbup:

And edit again:

My story is made and can be read in here:

GoH Wikia

Yeah, Rob had pointed that out to me today that they were the same as Nocturni colors... I thought they were red and black. I wish Lego made more colors available. I really would like a deep purple.

Yeah, Rob had pointed that out to me today that they were the same as Nocturni colors... I thought they were red and black. I wish Lego made more colors available. I really would like a deep purple.

I think I'm going to go with yellow and gold. I would like some more colors, but actually there are lots of combinations. I have at least 5 colors, plus, I'm guessing that you don't have to use flags in both colors. Couldn't you just take a flag color you don't have and incorporate pieces of that color into your build? That's what I had to do for my sig-fig. . . :tongue:

I was thinking about using Black and White, the combination resembles some kind of neutrality, or a balance between good and evil (yin yang) :laugh:

I simply was looking for the colors most different from the existing guilds (and the ones I have ofcourse). I also have a couple of light blue flags...baby blue :sick:

I actually have a bunch of black and white stocked up because that was what I was going to use as my colors for the CC equivalent of GoH. Except then I went into my forced Lego hibernation as soon as that event kicked off... Come to think about it, I never did tell anyone over there what had happened. Woops

Back on topic, Black and white is cool, and I think the Yin Yang idea fits a fifth guild, perhaps they strive to restore a balance in Historica after the elemental uprising?

:)))))) I will sound like a complete clutch now, but how can you tell which are which? I know on other forums, but here, I just can not tell. Is there some sign that I am missing or is there an option I have to check?

..akhm, the Drow are not asking this for ourselves, we ask for a friend.

from Avalonia

yes, for a clutch friend from Avalonia :)

I am not entirely sure what you are asking, or what a "clutch friend" is.. :look: Do you mean you aren't sure which entries you've seen and which you haven't? I usually try to comment on the builds, that way i can mark which one's i've definitely seen.

<snip>

Gabe congrats on the Green! Most deserving... and after you get some sleep you might want to look around to see if anythings changed. :look::laugh:

<snip>

Aha, yes thanks, very unobservant of me! :blush: It sure is an honour to be promoted to the ranks of the fellows - i'll do my best to live up to such illustrious company!

Congratulations Gabe! Notice anything else? :rofl: :rofl: Hope your work goes well and very much looking forward to your full strength return

Ska, don't worry - if we win, we don't lose an existing member, we just get written in to the larger story. New house sounds awesome, I hope it will make up for all the troubles earlier. I have 7 or 8 scenarios sketched out, I would love :grin_wub: to work with you on this one, I am sure it would totally rock.

:laugh_hard: :laugh_hard:

Thanks robuko! Haha.... oh dear. I blame my sleep deprived state. I have an unexpected day at home today though (sick, blargle blargle), so it's a good chance to catch up on the forum! :thumbup:

Yes, that would be a formidable combination, and I would enjoy working with you too.

On another note, since Gold, grey, white, and pink seem to be the only different colors (I guess you could count sand green) not taken by the other guilds already, I was wondering what people thought would be the most efficient use of existing flags for a new guild. Right now I am leaning towards Red and Gold - as they are the most abundant. Then again, that puts red in three different flags. I would go with blue and gold, but to me that naturally looks like the crown knights too much. white and grey are really expensive, and the pink available is more of a hot pink than a deep pink. Too bad the friends series doesn't have purple flags! So I feel like gold with one of the other colors we are already using would be the best option. What do you all think?

Yeah, it's a shame that white flags are so hard to come by, white and gold would look pretty nice i reckon. But most colours look good next to gold, or you could even have just gold by itself.

Also, i was thinking dark blue and sand green could be interesting, or maybe green and red? Idk, just thinking thoughts...

Of course, the other option is to build your flags out of other pieces - it might give you a wider palette. I might have a play around later to see if i can come up with some decent flag designs. :classic:

That sounds like an interesting concept. :thumbup:

I think I might be taking a break from the Kaliphlin Times for a while. I have a few more ideas but I would like to finish a few MOCs that have been sitting around. I really need to sit down and organize my collection but not sure if I want to waste my time at it. My son will be turning 2 in a few months and loves to "play" with LEGO. However his idea of playing is mixing all the pieces. He is a fun little guy but just not too helpful to my building...

I hope to complete the ship soon but I've been working on my castle of late. Surprising how much time it consumes... When I get a bit further, I'l post some WIP pics.

I'm back, so hello sand, goodbye other.

Got a few ideas. Maybe, unofficial guild challenges. That might be fun. Also, I could write a column in the Kaliphlin times.

Edited by Medic!!!

Yeah, good luck with the sorting! I have a 10, 7, 5 and 2 year old who all think my legos are their legos...even though I have given them a very large lego collection of their own. It actually gets easier, now that my 2 year old is nearing the 3 year mark she understands the color spectrum much better and will actually sort with me some times!

I am still hustling with my Gatehouse, but in the meantime:

mscwt1.jpg

click on the picture to go to the topic!

Edited by DaMaximus

Colors are great :) (they remind me of a cake:)

Color was always the most difficult thing for me to incorporate in moc, that is why I admire when someone success in it

Damaximus you should have used the second picture with all the openings... the back looks like well ....

Colors are great :) (they remind me of a cake:)

HAHAH

now that you mention it ... it does look delicious!

Edit: YAY! 100 pages.

Also, I could write a column in the Kaliphlin times.

The Kaliphlin Times is always open to guest columnists... default_classic.gif

We need some sort of build for free build. I.E Albion plots and Mitgardian wall.

I agree, it would be nice to have something like that. :thumbup:

I agree, it would be nice to have something like that. :thumbup:

There were 2 ideas a few months ago, but they never became reality. I wonder why... :hmpf_bad:

The Zoo of Petraea

or

The University of Petraea

The second is still my favourite one :classic:

There were 2 ideas a few months ago, but they never became reality. I wonder why... :hmpf_bad:

The Zoo of Petraea

or

The Mage's collage atWinterhold Petraea.

I could Arrange such stuff. Perhaps we each build a plot in Petraea or the college.

The Zoo of Petraea

or

A university? Something like what one would suppose the ancient Alexanrian Museusm (so named because of the Muses) in Egypt would have looked like?

Edited by Kai NRG

The Zoo of Petraea

or

Ohhh, I remember those ideas! The university is still my favorite too, there are so many possibles to do with that one and it is totally different from what the other guilds are doing.

It would help with our free build count too.

Ohhh, I remember those ideas! The university is still my favorite too, there are so many possibles to do with that one and it is totally different from what the other guilds are doing.

It would help with our free build count too.

That's what I'm saying! We need a fun, Comunity build, To raise our free build scores!

That's what I'm saying! We need a fun, Comunity build, To raise our free build scores!

And I can use it as try-out for the Virgin Temple (and University) of Mpya Stedor as well :laugh:

But how will we do it?

We can say for example that the University of Petraea has a wide campus with different buildings for each subject?

For example, these are different (Medieval) subjects I can come up with atm:

edit, I added already some and put them alphabetically:

- Astronomy

- (Human) Biology

- Economic

- Geology

- Geography

- History

- Languages

- Law

- Magic

- Maths

- Medical

- Music

- Philosophy

- Sciences (Alchemy)

- Sociology

- Warfare

Other important places:

- Bathrooms

- Courtyard

- Dormatories

- Headmaster's room

- Libraries

- Professor's chat room where the professor they can chill and drink a nice Kaliphlin wine

Those who can add some subjects, feel free to do so :)

Or do you got other ideas for the university?

Edited by DaMaximus

Barding? We need to make the Bards college of Solitude and the mages college at Winterhold.

Then our Stormcloaks can beat the hell out of the Empire...

We maybe.. Look. I feel that perhaps a more... Versatile project should be done. Less assignment of campus buildings, more do whatever the Hell we want.

And more skyrim, And higher pay! Wait wut?

Edited by Medic!!!

Barding? We need to make the Bards college of Solitude and the mages college at Winterhold.

Then our Stormcloaks can beat the hell out of the Empire...

We maybe.. Look. I feel that perhaps a more... Versatile project should be done. Less assignment of campus buildings, more do whatever the Hell we want.

And more skyrim, And higher pay! Wait wut?

Am I the only one who never played Skyrim in here? :p

Anyway, music is added :classic:

And I can use it as try-out for the Virgin Temple (and University) of Mpya Stedor as well :laugh:

But how will we do it?

We can say for example that the University of Petraea has a wide campus with different buildings for each subject?

For example, these are different (Medieval) subjects I can come up with atm:

-- list --

Those who can add some subjects, feel free to do so :)

Or do you got other ideas for the university?

That sounds like a good list, but don't we need astronomy (maybe that goes under sciences)? Also, magic seems pretty simmilar to alchemey - maybe just one or the other. :sceptic:

Edited by Kai NRG

That sounds like a good list, but don't we need astronomy (maybe that goes under sciences)? Also, magic seems pretty simmilar to alchemey - maybe just one or the other. :sceptic:

I'll put astronomy in the list as well :classic:

Well, it's not really the same I think. Magic is what Victor Revolword and that Mage of S-o-t's stories are... Alchemists is more chemics and stuff like that :laugh: