Si-MOCs

Kaliphlin Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Didn't you know all the pirates are in Avalonia?

Aparrently Avalonians prefer avoiding paying proper purchase prices. :grin:

We are getting dangerously close to needing a pirate off!!

I was thinking the same thing... but that pesky rule about fighting amongst guilds and the matter of the elemental war seems to limit such opportunities.

I was thinking the same thing... but that pesky rule about fighting amongst guilds and the matter of the elemental war seems to limit such opportunities.

The very reason we do it from august 6th onwards!

We are getting dangerously close to needing a pirate off!!

Great Idea, I'm not building a pirateship though, my ship is meant to patrol the Kaliphlin waters and prevent pirates to interrupt the peacefull trading :tongue:

i, Abdas, wish to join the Kaliphlin Guild.

all are welcome to enjoy good food and shelter in my tavern.

P1120648600x800400x533.jpg

Edited by zergu

i, Abdas, wish to join the Kaliphlin Guild.

all are welcome to enjoy good food and shelter in my tavern.

Welcome!

I got good news!

I made in a few hours a small MOC for challenge 4.

it's only 24x24, but, I am really pleased with the result myself :thumbup: Tomorrow, I'll upload the pictures!!

Another one down for the team. I've been fairly busy myself, so I won't have a proper entry for Challenge IV either. :hmpf_bad:

Abdas, Welcome brother! A pleasure to have you join us! My caravans have stayed many times at your inn, and very much enjoyed the hospitality.

Sebeus I, a wonderful ship she is, remind me to commission 2 more. We may have some rather sensitive cargo, and it would be wise to avoid entanglements :wink: But your sniper bows make us confortable, if any complications arise.

I am done for Challenge 4.

7714416554_0bacae3e10_n.jpg

I did say, it would be different!

:classic:

Ladies and gentlemen, I am now finally knighted :laugh:

I am right behind you I was hoping to make my 500th my entry but been crazy busy with life the last few days.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am now finally knighted :laugh:

Arise, Sir DaMaximus! Me too!

I am right behind you I was hoping to make my 500th my entry but been crazy busy with life the last few days.

Welcome to the order of the Knights!

Another one down for the team. I've been fairly busy myself, so I won't have a proper entry for Challenge IV either. :hmpf_bad:

Well, free builds are pretty important too, so if you need more time to get it right, just post your build when you are happy with it. We are very intrigued to see your ideas.

Edited by robuko

I am done for Challenge 4.

I did say, it would be different!

That's really very creative. . . I think it looks very nice although it's kind of hard to tell how you built it. . . is there a wall sticking up or is it flat? Nice job :thumbup:

Abdas Welcome new brother! New faces are welcome in these dire times of war... And a Tavern! We need places to rest and drink our weary bones.

Rasputin - I think you have definitely built the most ... unique. and Different build ... so far. Wow. I'm frankly a loss for words... It's soooo cool. Awesome job!

Sdair - Solid entry! The Air Elemental is hilarious. I love how you incorporated all four elements. And something about the water coming out of the sand was really cool. Though your images are a bit dark - you should try to brighten them, or use more light next time! :thumbup:

Congrats Sir Damaximus ! :classic:

Congrats Sir Arlindus ! :classic:

Amelia Really fantastic build! I've loving the stark contrast from tan / dark orange and the black destruction and dragon. The smoke is really well done.

Damaximus - poor little guy. Nice scene though - love the action shot. hehe :laugh:

Khamar Don't worry about it - there's plenty time to do some free builds and try for Challenge 5... assuming Revolword doesn't destroy

Great to see all the entries that have come in for challenge 4 - now that i have a couple of free days i'm looking forward to having a good at everything. :classic: Robuko i particularly love your entry - really unique and inventive, and i love the Bosch reference! :thumbup:

I've posted my microscale build now - sorry again for not making the deadline, but what can you do sometimes... :def_shrug: I'm still working on it though and i should be able to post it as a free build soon.

Btw, a pirate-off sounds like a great idea! :pir-grin: Better get back onto my ship once i've finished the elemental build...

Whew! Finally back from an almost-European-length vacation, and can finally participate in GoH again. Unfortunately, I've missed the challenge deadline. I'm really bummed about that because I really wanted to enter all the major challenges (and I had some good ideas for this one). Maybe I'll build it anyway. But given the choice of entering the challenge or taking a three week vacation, I'll take the vacation (I know, where are my priorities?).

Now I've just got to unpack, and then catch up on probably a hundred threads or so, and look at all our great challenge entries. Plus clean up my huge LEGO mess downstairs. And then start building again!

Welcome to Sebeus and Abdas! (And any other new Kaliphlins I missed) Looking forward to getting to know you all and seeing some great builds from you.

-Gex

Sdair - Solid entry! The Air Elemental is hilarious. I love how you incorporated all four elements. And something about the water coming out of the sand was really cool. Though your images are a bit dark - you should try to brighten them, or use more light next time! :thumbup:

I was using natural light on my porch on a rainy day.

Brothers and sisters, I've made a banner for our beloved Guild:

BannerofKaliphlin.jpg

which can be found on the wikia:

http://guildsofhisto.../wiki/Kaliphlin

And for those who have a moment of freedom, I made 2 new pages about the Guilds of Amenor and Atlarka, far far away from Historica but good tradepartners of Kaliphlin and homeguilds of some of my knights :classic:

BannerofAmenor.png BannerofAtlarka.jpg

And the already existing one of Ximus with improved banner:

BannerofXimus2.png

(click on the banners to go to their GoH Wikia page)

EDIT:

Of course other ideas for the banner of Kaliphlin are welcome :classic:

Edited by DaMaximus

Finally the pictures of the first part of the Quest of the Alleenridders:

alleenridders_pi_1.jpg

click on the picture to go to the topic :classic:

(small note for those who already viewed it: the link to the folder with pictures has changed as the previous one was leading to only a picture)

Brothers and sisters, I've made a banner for our beloved Guild:

--Banner--

which can be found on the wikia:

http://guildsofhisto.../wiki/Kaliphlin

. . .

(click on the banners to go to their GoH Wikia page)

EDIT:

Of course other ideas for the banner of Kaliphlin are welcome :classic:

Looks nice! :thumbup: My suggestion would be to leave the bottome red/blue triangles out, making it just have white there (if you understand what I mean. . .). That way it wouldn't just be rectangular - although it looks great, just an idea. :wink: