Si-MOCs

Kaliphlin Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

I don't like my sig. I feel restricted that he's a monk and that he stays in a monastery all the time. I know he doesn't have to but......

I think (if it's ok?) I wil change again. I know this sounds soooooooo pathetic seeing as everyone sticks with theirs. But I think Kirk/Brother Thomas were ruhed because I was so excited to be in the guild. Maybe I'll use my Skyrim character? Besides. Making figs and backstories is what I like doing.

(OOC)

Sometimes I am bored of mine too, that's why I promoted Max Samu to Lord of the I.A.M.S. so I got 2 sigfigs now :laugh:

(edit: thanks to this, I have now 2 separated storylines: the I.A.M.S. and the rise of Mpya Stedor)

When you choose a sigfig to start with, there will be always things that your sigfig can't do. But as long as there is a close relation between your sigfigs, you can make stories with the figures you want :classic:

Another option is to kill your own sigfig or to let him be killed (by another Guildmember, barbarians, heartattack, ...).

Darkdragon for example switched sigfig a while ago. His old sigfig was killed somewhere in the desert by mummies and his new (group of) sigfigs located her in name of her husband :classic:

But think good about it. Monks can sound pretty boring, but in fact, they had a really interesting life! They were traders, literated, warriors, ... :classic:

The only thing I always have to be aware of, is to put the right signature after a text :classic:

Edited by DaMaximus

Yer signed up! Glad to have ya aboard! Welcome to the Kaliphlin Guild.

Have a seat, grab an ale, and tell us a bit about yourself. Name, back-story, maybe a picture or two...

I'll post some pictures after church today. :classic:

Diary entry 303. Journal of a bard.

Londas 3rd of Frostfall.

Today I made the final stretch from Mitgardia into Avalonia. Nice to be in a lower altitude. I was planning to spend some time playing at Albion but on the river I was approached by a strange little man by the Name of Brother Thomas.

He came with a load of nonsense rambling on about how he was captured by nords and taken to Mitgardia and escaped to here... Or something like that, I was writing a new song about Heroes of old. One word I did catch though..... was Kaliphlin. He reminisced of it's beauty and heroes and deserts and.... The inspiration.

From then I took a barge to Albion whilst writing my new song to pay my next inn's rent.

I am at an Inn in Albion stuck for words of my next song. I have made a good profit, but not as good as It could have been. A few tweaks may change that, or even a complete rewrite.

Tomorrow I set out for Petraea. I hear that they greatly enjoy the tales of a bard and songs of the great heroes of old..

Now we know what has happened to Brother Thomas... Time for a new sig! :P

Edited by Medic!!!

Double post I know....

But, I give you

The two newest members to pledge their services to the guild of Kaliphlin.

7362273912_d4c2a68fa7.jpg

We come from the far north.... Surely our Nordic accents tell you that? I, am but a simple bard and this man, is my servant and dear friend Bjorn of the Shatter-sheild clan.

Prove it? Oh but of course.

Dragonborn, Dragonborn

by his honor is sworn

To keep evil forever at bay!

And the fiercest foes rout

when they hear triumph's shout,

Dragonborn, for your blessing we pray!

Hearken now, sons of snow, to an age, long ago

and the tale, boldly told, of the one!

Who was kin to both wyrm

and the races of man

with a power to rival the sun

And the Scrolls have foretold

of black wings in the cold,

that when brothers wage war come unfurled!

Alduin, Bane of Kings,

ancient shadow unbound,

with a hunger to swallow the world!

But a day, shall arise,

when the dark dragon's lies,

will be silenced forever and then!

Fair Skyrim will be free from foul Alduin's maw!

Dragonborn, Dragonborn

by his honor is sworn

To keep evil forever at bay!

And the fiercest foes rout

when they hear triumph's shout,

Dragonborn, for your blessing we pray!

Oh Bjorn it seems that they're asleep! So much for border patrol. Lets get to Petraea as soon as we can. I die for a cup of Winterhold mead.

Edited by Medic!!!

My lord Flagg, I presume my messenger arrived with news of my arrival?

I am Khamar Ibn Hakkad, representative of the Al Ezaela tribe, or as the Kaliphlin tribe knows us, the Eastern tribes.

7363937652_b17fce6806.jpg

I know many regard us as savages and bandits. To offset this negative image, I trained in the Petraea Officer's School.

7363937472_ffe0735642.jpg

My tribesmen. At the behest of our leader, the man with the spear, we have little of the new dwarven weapons I have heard so much about. Axes, scythes, and spears have served us well since long before Historica as we know it existed, and he believes that they will serve us well in the coming years.

7363937224_98c494ea1e.jpg

Not all of us are resigned to the old ways, though. Many of the younger tribesmen have joined me in being trained. These are the famed Al Ezaeli lancers.

7363936992_0ccfe2e9ff.jpg

I said we had little dwarven weapons. These men are my cannoneers. The weapons are fairly new...we have yet to test this in battle. With this mess with Revelword, though, I suspect we shall get our chance...

Best regards,

Khamar Ibn Hakkad

Edited by Axis600

Welcome Khamar Ibn Hakkad. The Nestlands Clans are glad to have new peoples to trade with. Cobalt Vale is now open to all traders.

OCC: Do I spy a modified version of the shipwreck hull from 7776-1?

Aah The great Khamar. I have heard of the Al Ezaela tribe and their heroic exploits. My friend Bjorn would absolutely LOVE to try out those Dwarven cannons. But not everyone has Dwarven weapons. The are somewhat of a commodity here in Kaliphlin. Perhaps you would like to share one of them so that we may be able to mass produce them.

Anyway. I wish you well in your further adventures.

7362273912_d4c2a68fa7.jpg

[

I really like what you did withe legs, looks fantastic!

EDIT: I am building a small scene of a Kaliphlin Gatehouse with a small market place behind (ei 2 or 3 stalls) for the commerce challenge and was wonderering If anyone want's it in their city.

~Legonardo~

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

EDIT: I am building a small scene of a Kaliphlin Gatehouse with a small market place behind (ei 2 or 3 stalls) for the commerce challenge and was wonderering If anyone want's it in their city.

~Legonardo~

Barqa could always use more buildings. Its a big city with quite a few districts, but hasn't really been built up yet.

Edit: Welcome to Kaliphlin, Khamar Ibn Hakkad! It seems a lot of unknown tribes in the east are making contact of late. :sweet: I wonder if there is something evil awakening in the Rakoth mountains???? :wink:

Edited by Mikel Kalores

Welcome Khamar Ibn Hakkad. The Nestlands Clans are glad to have new peoples to trade with. Cobalt Vale is now open to all traders.

OCC: Do I spy a modified version of the shipwreck hull from 7776-1?

Haha, you have me. I got bored with the little setting I had, so I threw a few of those pieces together, just to add a little scenery.

Barqa could always use more buildings. Its a big city with quite a few districts, but hasn't really been built up yet.

Barqa it is!

Edit: Welcome to Kaliphlin, Khamar Ibn Hakkad! It seems a lot of unknown tribes in the east are making contact of late. :sweet: I wonder if there is something evil awakening in the Rakoth mountains???? :wink:

Crazy thrice-damned mages :tongue:

Representing your guild at Brickworld...

*snip*

Oooh...pretty. :oh: I like it, bro. It's definitely got the Kaliphlin feel to it.

Challenge 3 Winners!

After a long and glorious round, Challenge 3 came to a close with 33 amazing entrees from all guilds! Round 3 set the challenge level quite high, with interior builds, custom creatures, multiple scenes and story writing. We the guild leaders are very proud of the work done by our respective guilds, and want to thank all who participated in the challenge. There were only strong builders in this round of competition, and each one presented a unique, well-illustrated, well-told tale of adventures, treacherous monsters and hidden treasures!

After a grueling voting process that took almost a month, we have judged and decided on winners from all 4 guilds. You the voters decided which build was overall most popular, and we the Guild Leaders decided on which got the most points based on creativity, following instructions, story, and presentation. Here we present the winners of Challenge 3:

1) First of all, the results of the popularity challenge:

By a landslide popular vote, Cara has won herself a Kingdoms Joust set for her air temple MOC and story! Congratulations Cara, your build and story truly deserve the recognition your fellow AFOL's have given them!

lego-joust-set-10223.jpg

2) Secondly, the winners based on official judging:

30153.jpg From Mitgardia: --> Cara

30153.jpgFrom Avalonia: --> ZCerberus

30153.gifFrom Nocturnus: --> lisqr

30153.gifFrom Kaliphlin --> Erynlasqalen

They have each won themselves an Exclusive Eurobricks Mountain Orc Minifigure! These figures were commissioned by us for winners of current and past rounds and feature custom head designs by EB's own Brickthing, printed in professional quality by our new friends at Citizen Brick, USA! The weapons and Armor are courtesy of EB member Thrash and his company Brick Warriors, USA!

7321801200_8de1d797b5_z.jpg

7321801946_b498fa410c_z.jpg

Congratulations to the winners! We will be in contact with you about shipping the prizes soon!

Overall points for the guilds are now the following:

Avaolonia 2318

Kaliphli 2257

Mitgadia 2160

Nocturnus 2090

Challenge 4 will be officially announced tomorrow, June 16, 2012! (Stay tuned)

Great Job guild! Second place! I know a few of us wish that we had had time to enter, and maybe got us some more points - but this is a very respectable total, and I am so impressed by my brothers and sisters here in this guild.

Congratulations to Erynlasqalen for winning! Your prize is well deserved!

By my count, we won this challenge! Not surprising, it was a very strong showing from all the guild who were able to participate :sweet: . Well done to all, and especially to Erynlasgalen! And what a great set of prizes, many thanks to the hosts.

:classic:

All right, we are just a sniff away from overhauling Avalonia, great stuff everyone! Congrats as well to Erynlasgalen for topping the Kaliphlin entries, a well deserved win for a great entry. :thumbup: (those mountain orcs look like a sweet prize too! :wub:)

Zcerb, that's a lovely Kaliphlin tower - must have been a lot of work to make one for each guild AND finish your gatehouse as well! Have fun at Brickworld! :classic:

Edited by gabe

Congrats Erynlasqalen! I agree with Robuko about winning this challenge. After challenge 2 and some of the free build scoring we were 100 points behind Avalonia. Now it is down to just 61 points behind. Our participation as a Guild was very strong during Challenge 3, and if we can repeat that strong showing in Challenge 4 we can really charge ahead. I knew I picked the right guild to join!

Challenge IV :" Elemental Mayhem"

great-fire-painting-b.jpg

gallery_13585_168_354807.jpg

gallery_13585_168_112330.jpg

Rules:

• Must be an action scene that shows elemental destruction including an elemental monster of your own design.

• It must be a single scene (not a story/narrative multi-scene build. Think of it as a still-frame of a large scene of devastation)

• You may choose any elemental not just the one that spawned from your own Guild's element.

• Size is limited to 48X48, with reasonable overhang.

• In the background of your build you must include a micro-scale landscape, be it mountains, forests, oceans, cities or any other form of terrain.

Points will be awarded based on originality, layout, and building skill. As always photography is key in this round, so each entree is expected to be photographed at a professional level with plain backdrop of any color. (We challenge the skill level of our builders more with each challenge, therefore in this round entrees that are poorly photographed and in bad locations will be disqualified. No furniture, pets or random objects in the background please)

The deadline for this challenge is Sunday, August 5th 2012

We look forward to what you the builders can come up with for this challenging round, and hope that you have fun with it!

-Sincerely,

The Guild Leaders

Things have taken a turn for the worse and no mistake. I never liked that Victor fellow. Do we have to build in Kaliphlin for this one?

ZCerberus, your tower rocks, by the way! And so do your other towers.

:classic:

This will be exciting! I have a free build going that I was hoping I might be able to tie into this challenge, but I was way off I guess! I will finish that up, and use the story of it to tie into the next build I guess. I have some ideas already brewing for this now. Let's have another strong showing in this one and see if we can take the lead back from Avalonia. I am ready to step up my game from the last challenge where I was a bit disappointed with what I produced. I will definitely do my best here to earn us some points.

More elementals? They'd make a good song but bad for the economy.

That's it! Me and Bjorn are going to get the fame and slay one of these elementals!!! Can't be to hard, and they don't call me firebreath for nothing!

Edited by Medic!!!

Congrats Erynlasqalen! I agree with Robuko about winning this challenge. After challenge 2 and some of the free build scoring we were 100 points behind Avalonia. Now it is down to just 61 points behind. Our participation as a Guild was very strong during Challenge 3, and if we can repeat that strong showing in Challenge 4 we can really charge ahead. I knew I picked the right guild to join!

I didn't realize those were totals... I thought they were the points for the challenge. Damn, well then we did win! Good work you guys and gals! I have some free builds coming soon... Not sure about Challenge 4 though... I have an idea, but I doubt I have the money to build it. We will see.

Also... I kind of think it would be funny if we all made towns in different guilds being destroyed. Clearly Kaliphlin is too powerful for these elemental thugs to take over.