Si-MOCs

Kaliphlin Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Finished the crystal chamber, yeah! :grin: Quick lighting test before lunch - then i'll get down to taking decent photos.

crystalchamberwip6eb_120512.jpg

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

ps. Gex, that has to be the cutest gaurdian ever! Loving the blocky style. :classic:

Edited by gabe

wow gabe, that`s a lot of awesome very quickly. You have inspired me to raise up from my 2-stud high MOC to a bit larger :classic:

Lovely builds all, proud to be here! I am back from travelling in the wastes, welcome to our newest friends.

I got lost trying to put in fancy technigues that no-one would really be able to notice :classic: I am working to a Hawaii midnight deadline. Got the piscithopter, roc, and beach done, maybe I need to put up a pub tonight and then photograph and script it up like crazy.

:classic:

Edited by robuko

Got some awesome stuff popping up here in the crunchtime! I hope this means that we can take the lead back! An update for me....I came home from work last night about midnight and went into my Lego room.....My builds are all completely demolished. My minifigs are all mismatched now with different heads, bodies, hands, hair, etc...That is the dangers of having 4 kids under the age of 10 I guess. So, I am going to try to rebuild what I don't have decent photos of and get this together today and enter. First, we're off to baseball games though.

grrrr, I had to take pictures with the worst camera we have at home. My brother forgot to charge the good one :cry_sad:

Neverthless, my build is finished. The pictures will be uploaded in a few hours.

I think I got the same problem as most here. Lot of time before, but just waiting till the rush of the deadline :tongue:

The story will be written tomorrow, but that's no problem I think?

About my build, it's build with a technic never used at GoH :laugh:

=> 4 open walls (tudum!) !!

But you don't see it in the pictures as it looks like there is always just one wall open :laugh: (except for the pictures which show the total MOC ofcourse).

It kinda look like a film set :sweet:

The reason is because my collection of dark (bluish) grey bricks is not so fenomenal... And it was easier like that to take pictures.

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been posting much but it's been a mad rush to get the Challenge 3 entry finished.

I posted it at 00:20 on Sunday local time (i.e. 20 mins after the deadline would pass here in the UK). Can anyone tell me if this will affect my result or disqualify me?

I am going to write the story now...

Some pics taken. Primary big scene pic not taken - part of build not finished. Story 90% written. Will have to finish and post after kids go to bed. No likely to do any photo editing. Coming down to the wire!

I have finished my story and posted my entry. SI-mocs - please can you tell me if it will be included? I was only 30 mins late, honest! :)

7184832456_54f43fe833_n.jpg 7184706004_488b88c4b8_n.jpg

Anyway, it's 3am here and I haven't slept or eaten for nearly 24 hours, and I am starting to hallucinate (LoL) so I need to recharge! I promise I will comment on other entries tomorrow.

Hope you all get your entries finished, and we can maximise the points for the Kaliphlin Guild!

Edited by Basiliscus

I've got my entry up now too, for what it's worth. It's not as finished as i would have liked, sadly. :sad: You shall have to forgive all the spelling and grammatical mistakes too - i'll try to fix them up during the day if i get the chance.

crystalchamber12eb_120512.jpg

(click on the image to go to my entry! :wink:)

Best of luck to anyone who is yet to submit thier entry! You can make it... for Kaliphlin! :classic::thumbup:

Well, I got it in before midnight Hawaii time! Great to hear that Robuko, Gabe, Basilicus, and others got theirs in too. Great job everyone!

Check the thread at The Quest for the Water Crystal

7187017676_d6866b865f_z.jpg

water.crystal.drain.10.melt.ice

It's not everything that I would have liked. I've got a whole scene written before this, but didn't get the build done for it. Plus I would have liked to have one or two more pics for this scene. And a bit of a better ending; I've got a whole other chapter planned for getting back safely with the Crystal, but had no time to write or build that. Free-builds I guess.

Now, off to write a mothers-day card for my wife, and then to bed! Probably won't have a chance to look at anyone's entries until Sunday night at the earliest, but really looking forward to reading them all!

The standard of the entries from Kaliphlin is off the charts! Actually, all the great houses of Historica have put in some amazing builds. I am really impressed. I will post individual thread comments later, but seriously, well done everyone who submitted an entry. They are all excellent.

The standard of the entries from Kaliphlin is off the charts! Actually, all the great houses of Historica have put in some amazing builds. I am really impressed. I will post individual thread comments later, but seriously, well done everyone who submitted an entry. They are all excellent.

Agreed. The standard of entries for this challange is brilliant, both in building and storytelling. Our guild is sure to do well in the final tally! :thumbup: I am also slowly getting around to commentng on all the entries, i'm not even sure if i've seen them all yet...

Oh, and i'm sure you are all sick of seeing images of this build, but i just had to share my latest lighting test. Too late to add to my entry unfortunately (plus would pose continuity issues with earlier images), but i thought it looked pretty cool. I often really struggle with lighting in mocs, so i'm always chuffed when a shot comes out particularly well. :classic:

crystalchamber3eb_130512.jpg

Well, after a solid 7 hours sleep, a shower, and a hot meal, I feel like a member of the human race again!

I have tried to comment on most of the Kaliphlin Challenge 3 entries, but any I've missed I will comment later today. And I can't agree with robuko more - the standard of entries has been astronomical from all guilds. But Kaliphlin have several solid entries, and while I can't say whether one of our entries will win, I am confident our guild will finish with the most points. One thing I love about being part of this guild in particular, is that although we don't have very many members there is a solid core of regulars who pump out consistently excellent entries.

Another quick question - am I right in understanding that this round is a public vote? How exactly will this work, will it be a combination of judges scores and the votes, or just the latter? I seem to have missed where this was announced.

And gabe, that lighting is fantastic. It really adds value to the MOC. Well played!

Edited by Basiliscus

The scoring is done the same way as previous challenges, but who gets the joust set is decided by a public vote.

Hope this answered your question :classic:

The scoring is done the same way as previous challenges, but who gets the joust set is decided by a public vote.

Hope this answered your question :classic:

Thanks mate, that answers my question!

WOW! We've got some amazing entries. Congratulations and good luck to everyone!

I'm working on a simple free build, should be posted sometime next week.

My fellow Kaliphlin...

I am at a loss of words... you builds are beyond what my scribes can adequately describe. The beauty. The brilliance. are ... wow. :thumbup:

I think as a whole you have show how amazing builders you are, and each and everyone one of you should be proud!

(at Mom's this weekend, but I'll comment individually tomorrow).

Really good job guys...

now it's time for the Gulld leaders to get to work!

Yep, there's some serious awesome in here. Sorry I couldn't pull something together.

Alas the island has fallen into ruin, abandonment. The waves have eroded the island leaving It a small barren outcrop. All that remains is our monastery. The only residents left are a group of warrior monks. I now live with them and have learned their ways. As a monk I have been given the name of brother Thomas and a robe and a sword. I would like to inform you on the bright side that the monks have researched a new type of catapult. It fires 750 metres and fires burning explosives. Much like the Dwarven technology. We are completely willing to give all of our findings to you.

7189598880_fb1c85f8dd.jpg

now it's time for the Gulld leaders to get to work!

I gotta say, while I was going through commenting on some of the entries, in the back of my mind I was thinking I am glad I don't have the Leaders jobs now :laugh: I have a feeling this is going to be the toughest challenge to judge, there are so many great entries.

It is going to be hard enough to pick favorites for the public vote.

Brother Thomas, good to have you among us. While I morn the loss of Kirk, it is great to see you replacing him. And bringing us such wondrous technology! A worthy addition.

Brothers and Sisters of Kaliphlin,

Great work has been by not just us, but the four realms of Historica!

Go forth, read, enjoy and importantly vote for the winner of the Joust!

And for a amusing change of pace, decide who gets my Rocher!

Amazing job to all our contestants, honestly, I think Kaiphilin did a splendid job! I really wish I had more points to vote, since so many more entries deserve recognizition, in my opinion!

I had, to my disappoint, too little time in the last few weeks to finish my entry, it will probably come in an altered form as a free build, I'm thinking.