Si-MOCs

Kaliphlin Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Sounds good to me.

Hooray! I'll try to get a brick map of it up soon.

So lose the volcano at the northeastern end of Peregrinus?

Yes please, although Audax Arazi could use the volcano, if that's ok? (Got to keep those dragon eggs nice and warm!) :classic:

I'll put the reservoir in; I'll check your brick map photos for the exact location. And I'll put the cliff face in too.

Thanks NM/Gex, sorry if i'm being a bit of a pain! :blush: Your detailed maps are looking amazing, and the scale indicators will be very useful when i come to plan my builds. Thanks again! :thumbup:

Is anyone else watching movies for building design inspiration? I just saw Prince of Persia, the background visuals are really lovely. Next up - the Scorpion King, the Mummy, Casablanca, Lawrence of Arabia. Anyone got a good movie recommendation for Indian palace ideas (other than Octopussy :laugh:)?

:classic:

Is anyone else watching movies for building design inspiration? I just saw Prince of Persia, the background visuals are really lovely. Next up - the Scorpion King, the Mummy, Casablanca, Lawrence of Arabia. Anyone got a good movie recommendation for Indian palace ideas (other than Octopussy :laugh:)?

Not a movie, but a video game, try playing Assassin's creed, both the first one, and the latest one can give you quite a bit of inspiration, if you need it.

Passage to India for more diversity of Indian culture. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom for temples, Maybe Raiders of the Lost Ark or The Last Crusade for Egypt / Middle East. I still want to make something based off Petra in Jordan.

My rich friends (ahah and poor enemies :) from Kaliphlin;) I've finally finished my Drow city, so take a look here. I do believe this is the first completely build city in Historica ;) Embassy friendly ;)

Angeli That is one impressive city, good work!

How about Disney's Aladdin for a movie?

Pop is an awesome movie aswell as the 3 Indiana Jones, Doom, Grail and Ark. In Octopussy I remember when Bond is being chased through the jungle and the guys are riding elephants, there's also a tiger which TLG is lacking then he goes into the water and gets leeches on him, some things to consider when doing a jungle, plenty of nasty creatures, spiders, ants, snakes, elephants, monkeys throwing poo, shame we don't have lions either. Mind you you could have a few dinosaurs in there, why not? like those raptors, good cavalry? Enough rambling, laters.

Here's the remaining detailed map of Siccus, the northeastern section. Note the new waterfalls, two new lakes, a canyon on the Lick of Salt river, and a lot more islands in the fjords and Goolag Archipelago. Also added a few towns in logical spots. I envisage much of the eastern coast to be cliffs, and the eastern coast and lower slopes of the Rakath mountains to be heavily forested, but didn't have time to put those in, plus there's not a lot of room on the map for those things.

6592585829_5b0300d5dc_b.jpg

Northeast Siccus (Kaliphlin Guild)

Here's the remaining detailed map of Siccus, the northeastern section. Note the new waterfalls, two new lakes, a canyon on the Lick of Salt river, and a lot more islands in the fjords and Goolag Archipelago. Also added a few towns in logical spots. I envisage much of the eastern coast to be cliffs, and the eastern coast and lower slopes of the Rakath mountains to be heavily forested, but didn't have time to put those in, plus there's not a lot of room on the map for those things.

Northeast Siccus (Kaliphlin Guild)

Gex, you are by far the most skilled cartographer of all of Historica, the time and effort you've made with these maps is amazing you truly are a magnificent person and it is an honour knowing you, we are a lucky Guild.

Also another place for inspiration is the GLA from Command and Conquer Generals.

Generals_GLA_Command_Center.jpg

FInally my artist has finished some paintings and they are yours to view.

Me and my group came across this small oasis in the middle of the Siccus Badlands.

6594987957_14640ede98.jpg

Topic

Also

A siege weapon from Samrd'dha.

6595010957_d0ecaec766.jpg

Flickr

Thank you

Kcaj Nosnikta

Drow always tolerated Kalipshilians the most - you are not much warlike (that is minus as much as plus:)), but you have good economy, exotic spices, weapons and armor, and go where the profit is, and we respect that. When we occupy the world, we will invade you the last. There you go, we are friends now ;)

What are five top watchtowers from Kaliphlin? I can't find that post

Drow always tolerated Kalipshilians the most - you are not much warlike (that is minus as much as plus:)), but you have good economy, exotic spices, weapons and armor, and go where the profit is, and we respect that. When we occupy the world, we will invade you the last. There you go, we are friends now ;)

What are five top watchtowers from Kaliphlin? I can't find that post

They aren't posted yet, I think our beloved leader is to busy with trading :classic:

As sign of respect for this, I won't send my ninja's to Nocturnus to assassinate family of leaders :thumbup:

Wow! So much happened since I last posted.

Great to see our guild is still expanding! New members appearing all the time. Hopefully this will make our entries stronger for the future challenges...!

And NiceMarmot - what beautiful maps! :wub: You continue to impress me with your cartography skills. Over the next few weeks I hope to start fleshing out the area around Stone Town because I am beginning to firm up in my mind what I want it to look like. I will upload some sketches soon!

Anyway, I hope there aren't too many hangovers today, you all enjoyed your New Year celebrations, and 2012 will bring lots of great Kaliphlin MOCs!

Wow! So much happened since I last posted.

Great to see our guild is still expanding! New members appearing all the time. Hopefully this will make our entries stronger for the future challenges...!

And NiceMarmot - what beautiful maps! :wub: You continue to impress me with your cartography skills. Over the next few weeks I hope to start fleshing out the area around Stone Town because I am beginning to firm up in my mind what I want it to look like. I will upload some sketches soon!

Anyway, I hope there aren't too many hangovers today, you all enjoyed your New Year celebrations, and 2012 will bring lots of great Kaliphlin MOCs!

Lord *Hik* Damaximus wishes the *Hik* same for everybody of *Hik* Kaliphlin!

I hate hiccups after partying ... :sad:

Happy new year everyone, I plan on doing plenty of mocs, I have enough ideas in my head to keep me going for a while I just need enough bricks.

Happy new year everyone, I plan on doing plenty of mocs, I have enough ideas in my head to keep me going for a while I just need enough bricks.

Same here, it is the limitation in bricks... I just spent my Christmas money on a few bricklink orders though. I hope to finish this 64v64 Oasis scene before my vacation to Disney World next week. I keep thinking I am almost done, but then I rip something out and put something else in.

and of course, Happy New Year guildies!

...before my vacation to Disney World next week...

Ooh, envious! :wub: Have a great time. Plenty of MOC inspiration there.

Ooh, envious! :wub: Have a great time. Plenty of MOC inspiration there.

Thanks, I hope to. It is always weird for me because I used to work there, going back as a tourist is fun, but sometimes it feels like I am missing something! I will definitely hit up the Lego store there, as their PAB wall is the largest I have ever seen. I might have to mail back a few boxes!

EDIT:

Ok, guild preview of what I am posting later today when I can write up the story:

6621055453_70959ff94c.jpg

DSC_0933 by princeofska, on Flickr

Al'Derak - a small oasis town along the route to the fabled and gilded Lost Vega. 100 miles away to be exact. (I will leave it to NiceMarmot to decide where exactly on the map that is.)

This started as a small oasis, and then grew and grew, especially after my dog stomped the first half of it.

Edited by SkaForHire

Ok, Al'Derak is finished and the thread is posted.

I hope you all enjoy. NM, when you next update the map, go ahead and throw it on the map anywhere... Since I have no idea where Lost Vega actually is! I kind of think Lost Vega should be under the shadow of the lone mountain, or at least in sight of it.

The sign was originally a joke that my brother who was visiting built and stuck on top of my oasis I was building. I modified it and kept it because I thought it was funny.

The architecture of the main buildings is what I envision some of Eastgate looking like. The actual layout looks a lot cooler than the pictures made it seem... I almost kept adding on baseplates to build more town - although, as I ran out of tan and white, the buildings would have started to become grey and then black, so I decided I better stop. I actually cut out a bunch of tents to be more housing, but decided against using them in the end.

6621193697_ea7b41a48d.jpg

DSC_0909 by princeofska, on Flickr

My Lord Dextrus Flagg,

While our paths have crossed in the past, you may not fully recall the events surrounding our encounter. As such, I would like to formally introduce myself and the rest of The Nähtamatu. I am Saladus al Juhtiv, leader of The Nähtamatu. Our band is fully at your service for the glory of Kalaphlin! With me you will see Saaman, our magi and collector of the bones of his victims, which he uses in his conjuring. Also, Ratsu my dark knight and wielder of twin sabers. Paharet, our weapon master, who was enslaved when his orc tribe was massacred. Elevad Surnud is my closest friend, a mountian mummy without whom I would not be alive. Finally, Aran-Salath, my elven companion who can harness the energy of the land, and does so with a shield of energy that can absorb nearly anything thrown her way.

6629872753_a47dbf1563.jpg

The Nähtamatu

A band of mercenaries, born out of the desert sands, the group sprang to being nearly a decade ago under little fanfare. However, in that time to the astute observer, The Nähtamatu have been involved in nearly every incident of political nature in the Siccus wastelands and its neighboring territories. Their involvement is always alleged though, for even the astute observer has no real proof of their involvement, just the footprints of their machinations.

Edited by Kayne

Welcome Saladus al Juhtiv and your band of mercenaries, they are a fine bunch indeed, I Kcaj Nosnikta have heard many tales of The Nahtamatu and I have to say that it is an honour to have you in the guild of Kaliphlin.

Indeed welcome Saladus al Juhtiv, I Lord Damaximus of the South-Eastern city of Mpya Stedor am already looking forward to the moment we meet and where u can tell the stories of u and your glorious men. Also if you and your man are travelling the lands of Kaliphlin in search for a nice city, you are more than welcome to stay in my city!

---------------------------

My dear fellow Kaliphlin friends, as you can see, our honourable member SkaForHire has a little problem with the location of his town Al'Derak.

The problem of the fact that it is 100 miles away from the mythical city of Lost Vega where our grand-grand-grand-(and a few more grand's)-fathers once lived when Kaliphlin was nothing more than this city and the surrounding deserts. Every little child of our beloved Guild knows the myths and sagas of this city and knows that one day the city vanished in the desert and our grand-grand-grand-(and a few more grand's, but some less than previous one)-fathers had to flee away to start new cities.

Even we all know that there must be such a big treasure in the remainings of the city deep in the sands of the desert, we never really did an effort to discover the city simply due the fact that we, as tradesmen, are realistic and we know we'll never will find it remains.

But many optimistic Avalonians, Mitgaridians and even Nocturnians already risced their live in search for the lost city.

So I propose to all of u: let Mother Desert have the city at an unknown place to all of us Kaliphlins as we don't want to upset her. If that's good for all of you, we can make profit from this and make small explorersagencies in our cities where brave adventurers can prepare themself for a journey through the desert in search for the city.

So according to this, every city may claim to be 100 miles from Lost Vega as nobody exactly know where it lays :laugh:

And SkaForHire can choose himself where his city will been placed :)

(the thing I got a bit in mind is like Atlantis (disappeared suddenly) and the lost pyramids in the deserts which many explorers tried to find in the past)

My lord Dextrus,

The Nähtamatu have been traversing the Dune Seas where we make residence in this catamaran.

6631898189_9873de9666.jpg

Constructed from the weathered wood of the Withered Woods, this catamaran is what the Nähtamatu use to skim across the Dune Seas in the center of Kaliphlin. The thin wood found in the forests of the Withered Woods, is the only material that is both strong and light enough to traverse the treacherous Dune Sea.

6631899565_3e28d7d4ba.jpg

We can commission the guilds to build a fleet if these if necessary to protect Kaliphlin!