Jay Sathe

4432 Garbage Truck Video Review

Well, I read on the 2012 sets topic that the new kits were making their way into LEGO Stores, so I ran out, grabbed this and a couple other sets, and made video reviews as fast as I could! Here is the one for the Garbage Truck!

If a Moderator could embed the video, that would be great!

Great reviews!

What other 2012 sets did the Lego store have in stock??

They had all the Forest Police sets, the Garbage Truck, the Car and Caravan, and the Ambulance out on the shelves. Oddly, there weren't any of the Forest Fire sets that I could notice, and the other two vehicles from the Great Vehicles subtheme (The Dirt Bike Transporter and the Tipper Truck) wern't there either. They also had all the Dino sets in stock, although I didn't pick any up.

A really nice truck..but should it really cost 20 euro's?? Will wait untill there are nice offers on the internet, i think, before ordering at Lego.com.....

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Thanks for another review 'Jay Sathe', nice new parts I also agree on the minifigs but I :wub: the new play features....i.e the bin dumper ! :wink:

Brick On Review On ! :wink:

Excellent review! I like that the truck is Bright Green, a color which until recently was terribly underused in LEGO. I also love the functionality of the truck and the new hinge piece (which seems like this one revamped for modern times, including the addition of space to place tiles on the lower section to lock it). The size of the truck also seems just right in my eyes-- not too big, not too small. Thanks so much for reviewing this!

This looks like a nice cute city set, and totally agree that new hinge is definitely the star of the show, presumably we will also see it in the orange roadworks truck. I would have preferred standard green, as I will part this out once I've built it, but I do see the benefit of a brighter shade if you have a city and are going to keep it built.

Nice review. I like the set a lot. It looks good and indeed more European than the previous one 7991. Nice touch with the bin dropper. Kids will like that!

But amazing they already sell them. Or is that a new strategy? Selling the new LEGO sets in the official LEGO stores before they are distributed to other shops.

Only problem I have with that: Why aren't there LEGO stores around where I live :sad: .

Nice review. I like the set a lot. It looks good and indeed more European than the previous one 7991. Nice touch with the bin dropper. Kids will like that!

But amazing they already sell them. Or is that a new strategy? Selling the new LEGO sets in the official LEGO stores before they are distributed to other shops.

Only problem I have with that: Why aren't there LEGO stores around where I live :sad: .

Your closest LegoStore might be the one in Oberhausen, Germany. Hopefully they have the new sets already as i will visit this shop on november 30.

Groeten, LegoSjaak

Having the previous garbage truck, when I first saw the images of this set I wasn't really interested. But your video review has turned me around. I really like the tipping function on the back, and I see how they worked around the problem the old set had where the weight of the back end pulled it apart - fixed by using the aircraft tail piece. Brilliant! That new hinge is great as well. Thanks for the review!

Like the car and caravan, definitely liked this set since the preliminary pics. I got the older 2007 garbage/recycling truck a year ago (bought it from some store that sells older Lego), and nice of you to make a quick comparison. I do agree with the uniform of the minifigures though, looks like they're ready to go paint a house or something instead of being garbage disposal workers. It's $25 Canadian which is also the same price as the car & caravan, and the ambulance will work well with those BOGO sales :) .

Edited by Canada_7