Sirens-of-Titan

Mitgardia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Hey

Welcome to Mitgardia :wink: You're the guy who asked me on Mocpages about GoH, right? :grin:

Well, so have fun here!

Yup! I'm glad to be here and I'm exited to try out castle, as its something new to me. :sweet:

New gold standings have been posted in the challenge thread:

Avalonia: 2,802

Kalphlin: 2,712

Mitgardia:2,630

Nocturnus: 2,520

Which means Mitgardia is 172 behind Avalonia, which also means we lost ground in challenge IV :hmpf_bad: , but they still haven't scored the free builds, we did gain on Kaliphlin :thumbup:

Freebuilds are being compiled as we speak... might take a while as there are quite a few of them since they were last scored, but it is on the docket.

New gold standings have been posted in the challenge thread:

Avalonia: 2,802

Kalphlin: 2,712

Only 91 to go! Come on, Kaliphlin! And we really need to distance Mitgardia - you guys have been rolling out some awesome MOCs!

Freebuilds are being compiled as we speak... might take a while as there are quite a few of them since they were last scored, but it is on the docket.

Yay! Thanks for all the updates Z :thumbup:

@Mitgardia: Now's a good time to rack up some more free builds, I have 2 planned right now and possibly a third all to be completed in December :classic:

I'm afraid to see the standings after the recent free builds are scored. Ondyllion alone is the equivalent of a Challenge-worth of entries. It's the cold season coming on, you Mitgardians are always more productive when it's cold! (although the other guilds should profit more from our more southern members - hemispherically speaking that is.)

I'll turn my next CCCX entry (tudor castle) into a mitgardian one to get us more free points :wink:

I'm afraid to see the standings after the recent free builds are scored. Ondyllion alone is the equivalent of a Challenge-worth of entries. It's the cold season coming on, you Mitgardians are always more productive when it's cold! (although the other guilds should profit more from our more southern members - hemispherically speaking that is.)

But since Ecc has been entering all the sections seperatly, that might shave a few points off it... still, I agree. I don't want to know where Mitgardia will be! :ugh:

But since Ecc has been entering all the sections seperatly, that might shave a few points off it... still, I agree. I don't want to know where Mitgardia will be! :ugh:

Actually that gives more points :tongue: as otherwise it would only be counted as one build and therefore only able to score 50 points at max.

@Buurli_Burri: Looking forward to seeing it!

Ecc and his work has been great. But Avalonia has several builders who regularly contribute free builds. Mikey, Legonardo, dG all have some great builds. I think both of those guilds will see a good boost when tabulated.

Actually that gives more points :tongue: as otherwise it would only be counted as one build and therefore only able to score 50 points at max.

@Buurli_Burri: Looking forward to seeing it!

Yeah, in total that gives more points I guess, but what I meant was; would he really get that many points for the city, since all the pieces have been posted and scored seperatly? You'd think that a combination of what has already been scored wouldn't win you additional points - or maybe, since you had the bricks to keep it together... :shrug_oh_well:

In this case i will have to hurry up with my freebuild FrozenFall harbor .

By the way does every free build give the same points or it depends on something?

Ecc and his work has been great. But Avalonia has several builders who regularly contribute free builds. Mikey, Legonardo, dG all have some great builds. I think both of those guilds will see a good boost when tabulated.

The guilds have been seeing great builds across the board but Ecc's city is Epic! I think there are limits to how many points one build or builder can contribute, but Ondyllion is magnificent in technique, beauty and sheer size, and should definitely give Mitgardia a boost.

In this case i will have to hurry up with my freebuild FrozenFall harbor .

By the way does every free build give the same points or it depends on something?

Builds are scored in 3 categories

1. Guild style

- How well does the build work with the overall styles and theme of the Guild? Are you incorporating your Guild colors? Does this look like it would fit well within some region of your guild? If your build is actually set in the lands of another guild, explain where it is and why you're building it.

2. Technique

- Is your build very original? How does your build stand apart? Have you utilized some new techniques that you haven't seen before? Did you have a very intriguing storyline or did you show entertaining interactions between the characters in your MOC? Creativity and originality will help boost your score here.

3. Presentation

- Does your presentation pop? Are your pictures crisp and clear? Did you provide different views of you build? Did you provide a good description of the build to accompany your pictures? Photo quality is a key aspect.

That was taken from the introduction thread, the most you can make on one build is 50 points :classic:

Ondylion will be scored as each separate section and not on the whole. It will certainly score some big points! Free builds in general score less gold than challenge entries and every free build will factor into scoring.

Keep the builds coming!

Ondylion will be scored as each separate section and not on the whole. It will certainly score some big points! Free builds in general score less gold than challenge entries and every free build will factor into scoring...

That's what I was thinking. But most of my point is that some of the sections have already been scored (right?) and are therefore included in the total just posted. So that means that there won't be as many new points now as if he had entered it all (though still in different topics/sections) at once. On another note, does the fact that a free-build can only get 50 points max mean that my series of story/vigs will only get 50 max, or max 50 for each vig?

Ondylion will be scored as each separate section and not on the whole. It will certainly score some big points! Free builds in general score less gold than challenge entries and every free build will factor into scoring.

To be honest I never planned to build a whole city. When the gate of Albion was posted I thought that's a neat idea and that's how the Gates of Ondylion came to be. Than I thought lets expand just a bit with the Driadir tower and the Druid tower and well the rest is history :tongue:

Keep the builds coming!

For sure, let's kick some Avalonian butt :devil:

how about the wall sections, I actually made four seperate ones but posted several of them at the same time. Will they be scored as seperate free builds? After all, its not only eccles who shelled out free builds. I guess Soccerkid and I were kinda productive as well. How about my Varlyrio moc, does that count as a Mitgardian free build? It's got a Mitgardian captain in it.

Edited by kabel

how about the wall sections, I actually made four seperate ones but posted several of them at the same time. Will they be scored as seperate free builds? After all, its not only eccles who shelled out free builds. I guess Soccerkid and I were kinda productive as well. How about my Varlyrio moc, does that count as a Mitgardian free build? It's got a Mitgardian captain in it.

I'm pretty sure Z said your Varlryio build counted. And I tried to be productive, I think I have 16 free builds since they were last counted :classic:

I won't say which freebuilds have or have not been counted at this point... let's just say we are behind.

Nice build, I like the trees :thumbup:

The minifigs are pretty cool too! :sweet: