Sirens-of-Titan

Mitgardia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

SWEET MAP!

Now friend me on Flickr so I can mark the map please!

I wanna grab the river entry on the Eastern Bay (of Storms) for Northridge.

I'm also feeling a lot of "winterfell" of game of thrones!

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully we don't have to defend against the threat beyond the wall :sweet:

I don't actually have any Lego, so I'll be using LDD, but I can make pretty good photo-shopped close-up minifgures:

Here, hows this?

picture1.jpg

:blush:

So, what do you guys think of it? :sceptic:

Thank you very much! :classic: It's a great honor and I'll make sure that our guild gets as wealthy and rich as possible! :thumbup:

Moreover on the money from my new..... income I started building a tower! :laugh:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Great to see you here Penguin! Any chance that the knight from MCW'11 be joining Mitgardia? :) Love to see some bats flinging and attacking the pesky South too!

anyone any suggestions on how to improve my moc?

I was going to ask for the same for my watchtower.. Well i could add a few white tiles or cheese slopes to the top of the tower and the railings, to represent some fresh fallen snow that has not been cleared.

Greetings all. The Great Jarl Nibelung has decreed that the Worlds End Caravan Co. release their maps to all guild members to allow for further consolidation of the realm.

I present to you the Companys first efforts to chart the realm. A final work is underway as some of our junior cartographers may have incorrectly charted a few areas. :laugh:

Hvar Icewind

Owner of Worlds End Caravan Co.

Good one Hvar Icewind, that was exactly where I wished Hykerbia would be! Thank you very much!

I'm also feeling a lot of "winterfell" of game of thrones!

On the moment i'm waiting on some bricklinkian :tongue: materials for the watchtower.

True that Winterfell's design and the whole Wall thing can be useful for Mitgardia, I just rewatched some episodes.. Itching to make a few white wolves!

I have an moc made. Before I submit it, do you think I should add anything?

Hope you like it! :blush:

I like it very much! That is an amazing entrance gate, possibly suitable for a dwarf kingdom entrance. I would add a heavily built gatedoor though to block out the cold wind and Drow raiders. I might borrow upon your design to build, if there is a challenge in future, because I have about 75% of the bricks in those pictures..

Great to see you here Penguin! Any chance that the knight from MCW'11 be joining Mitgardia? :) Love to see some bats flinging and attacking the pesky South too!

Ah, yes. He might consider that! He's bit preoccupied now, beating the Fatman. Or vice versa! it's hard to tell! :laugh:

Moreover! With my new sourse of funds I'll be able to summon some more merceneries to our noble Cause and let the South feel the chill of death, when our Nothern Army wipes them from the face of their belowed deserts.

Just imagine all those treasures we could obtain! :tongue: Our dwarven banks will get the biggest and richest in the entire known world! Imagine all those precious artifacts we could get, those mysteries still to uncover! I (we) will become enen richer, weathier. And my magical skills will be unlimited! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! :grin:

Good day, ladies anbd gentlemen! ) :classic:

P.S.

Will you be so kind to provide me with men to secure the work of my tax collectors in these hard times? :sceptic:

P.P.S

And give me your finest men! Since money is our key to winning this war! :grin:

Edited by The Penguin

Great to see you here Penguin! Any chance that the knight from MCW'11 be joining Mitgardia? :) Love to see some bats flinging and attacking the pesky South too!...

Ah, yes. He might consider that! He's bit preoccupied now, beating the Fatman. Or vice versa! it's hard to tell! :laugh:

Moreover! With my new sourse of funds I'll be able to summon some more merceneries to our noble Cause and let the South feel the chill of death, when our Nothern Army wipes them from the face of their belowed deserts.

Just imagine all those treasures we could obtain! :tongue: Our dwarven banks will get the biggest and richest in the entire known world! Imagine all those precious artifacts we could get, those mysteries still to uncover! I (we) will become enen richer, weathier. And my magical skills will be unlimited! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! :grin: ...

My, my, the Mitgardians are becoming almost as aggresive as those eastern dwellers. Our caravans are still willing to do trade with the other guilds but should this attitude continue, you may leave us with no choice but to establish an embargo.

On another note, I am pleased with how this guild has been developing, if I had had more white bricks and flags I would have definately joined you. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Edited by Waterbrick Down

I like it very much! That is an amazing entrance gate, possibly suitable for a dwarf kingdom entrance. I would add a heavily built gatedoor though to block out the cold wind and Drow raiders. I might borrow upon your design to build, if there is a challenge in future, because I have about 75% of the bricks in those pictures..

Wouldn't Drow raid a Dwarven city from the caves instead from the surface, though? That large gate wouldn't stop them at all, while it would hinder the dwarves from escaping if they're overrun.

On another note, reading through the different guilds is really fun and provides both inspiration for own creations and a good laugh, especially when Drow tourists get accused of being spies :laugh:

well you know, only a dead drow is a good drow, so who cares whether they are tourists or spies ...

My, my, the Mitgardians are becoming almost as aggresive as those eastern dwellers. Our caravans are still willing to do trade with the other guilds but should this attitude continue, you may leave us with no choice but to establish an embargo.

On second thoughts, yea maybe it wasn't Southern pesky nomads that were looting our mutual trade routes. It might be more Drow tourists dressed up in Mitgardian and Kaliplinian attire, trying to decieve and fool us into attacking each other!!

Maybe I build a replica of 1 of the Kaliplin caravans this week, and incorporate into a Mitgardian trading town vignette. A possible Moc idea?

@: TR, I've worked in your suggestions, looks much colder now ...

As for your tower, I guess bringing in some more structure would help it, e.g. make the slopes more even and the actual outpost more accesable for the minifigs (stair, laders etc.)

@BAP: eccellent gate you created there, if you could cast this into real bricks it would simpy be too great

Good day Guildsmen,

It's great to see advice and ideas being passed around. :thumbup:

As far as the drow incursions, it is the will of the Court that all Guildmsmen should only take defensive positions against intruders into Mitgardia. We do not want to provoke a war before we can defend our borders against a much larger force, and we certainly don't want to sour relations with the neighbors and bring upon us the fury of the high king in Cedrica. :wink:

LDD creations are great for WIP purposes but in the long run we want to see some brick-built creations. Only brick-built will be accepted as a final product, just something to keep in mind so there are no surprises.

Just so I'm aware of the numbers, how many of you who haven't already stated so are planning on building a tower?

Long live Mitgardia!

Just so I'm aware of the numbers, how many of you who haven't already stated so are planning on building a tower?

Long live Mitgardia!

I am building a watch tower but I shall be leaving my entry pretty late as I have a few bricklink orders on the way (my viking collection was non-existant prior to this competition). Hopefully I can get a WIP shot done in a week.

Good day Guildsmen,

It's great to see advice and ideas being passed around. :thumbup:

As far as the drow incursions, it is the will of the Court that all Guildmsmen should only take defensive positions against intruders into Mitgardia. We do not want to provoke a war before we can defend our borders against a much larger force, and we certainly don't want to sour relations with the neighbors and bring upon us the fury of the high king in Cedrica. :wink:

LDD creations are great for WIP purposes but in the long run we want to see some brick-built creations. Only brick-built will be accepted as a final product, just something to keep in mind so there are no surprises.

Long live Mitgardia!

I will be building a watch tower, however it may be a little late in the month before it is finished.

I will be building a watch tower, however it may be a little late in the month before it is finished.

Just take your time, guys.

We are attacking in Friday ;)

Edit: (bored, with rolling eyes) oh yes, that is if the great Lord Ssilyrrlith gives us a green light. Ah, that bureaucracy, the scourge of every beautiful nation...

Edited by Angeli

Greetings all. The Great Jarl Nibelung has decreed that the Worlds End Caravan Co. release their maps to all guild members to allow for further consolidation of the realm.

I present to you the Companys first efforts to chart the realm. A final work is underway as some of our junior cartographers may have incorrectly charted a few areas. :laugh:

6344675937_41cd1aed0e.jpg

Flikr: Mitgardia Draft

If you want your town/tribe/city/fortress to be included in a specific location please PM me with a description or (preferably) save a copy, add your location and then PM me for my email adress so you can send it over to me. Try and keep it to one location each unless you need further locations as a result of official guild business. Please try and let me know ASAP.

Thanks

Hvar Icewind

Owner of Worlds End Caravan Co.

Great looking map. Perfect location for Pikesteel Mountain! I couldn't have asked for a better spot, thanks.

Good day Guildsmen,

Long live Mitgardia!

I'm planning to build a Dwarven tower. Is there a specific date for the deadline?

For Mitgardia!

My watchtower is also being built. ) :classic:

i hope to finish it by the end of the week. :sweet:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

I like that mini-moc of Urkcape, Darkdragon!

Seeing that many watchtowers are now in the midst of construction, and improving on mine before a vote by the guild for the 5 best.

I have taken the time to introduce some new characters..

Peace has lasted for centuries in Historica. Trade and commerce prospers between all guilds.

Mitgardia is no exception. Rich in timber, ore and fur, she grows strong and mighty with wwealth of colonists, Norse, Orc and Dwarf empires sprouting.

In wealthy Hykerbia, Baron La Flaga commissioned the setting up of a financial and trading company to exploit the lucrative trade routes that ply the Rakath mountain valleys into the Great Oil road to the South, and for daring interprid merchants that travel through Krela Labyrinths and can afford the Minotaur's tolls. As such, he appointed his youngest brother, Mr Seaburn La Flaga, to act as CEO of the consortium. With him are First Mate of the EMTC fleets of merchant vessels, and Mr John Timberman, a renown businessman and good friend of the dwarf kingdoms.

emtc5.jpg

The East Mitgardia Trading Company, EMTC in short, operates a medium sized fleet of longboats and medieval cogs, sailing the Eastern coasts of Mitgardia for the rich fish shoals. They also travel between the ports on the Eastern coastline, supplying valuable trade and goods from North to South.

emtc.jpg

emtc1.jpg

From the Southern Kaliphlin and Nocturnus they bring black oil, precious jewels, exotic and medical potions, tropical and desert delicacies to kingdoms as far north as Northridge Castle, Pikesteel mountain etc. From these North ports, they bring back mineral ore and gold, to be smelted and minted into gold coins that are used throughout Mitgardia. Of course, this minting is done at Valholl under the very very close supervision of the Minister of the Treasury Pengus Penguinus :tongue: .. Every 6 months, the ships do the "Barrel Run", loading up on the high good quality annual production of Dwarf Mead, beer and Ale form Omurtag and Pikesteel and transporting them back to the Southern Mitgardia where it is worth its weight in gold!

emtc3.jpg

emtc4.jpg

emtc2.jpg

Also, by the permission of Jarl Nibelung, the EMTC particpates in the Bi-annual Seal hunt in the Bay of seals, along with the native Norse clans and Tundra peoples. This keeps the seal population under control. The seal fur pelts are highly prized amongst the noble elite in Valholl and the freezing sentry guards at Hergelstorpe.

emtc6.jpg

Lastly, the EMTC knows that the other great trading company in Mitgardia, the World's End Caravan owned by Hvar Icewind, has wealthy and vast caravans that travel West and South via other routes, hence they do not compete, but rather cooperate to fill up all aspects of the Mitgardian economy..

The next exciting venture for the EMTC is the opening of a textile and garment mill in Hykerbia, using green dyes from the pine forest leaves and cotton from the temperate farms in Urk'cape to make green sleeved torsos for the armies and citizens of Mitgardia guild, at afforable prices! :)

Edited by Tomcat RIO

I'm planning on building a watchtower!

Whether it will be done before the end of the month is still in question though.

I'll try my best!

I just wanted to say I'm sorry for my absence of lately, but I'm very busy doing my teacher trials (or whatever you call it in English). I'll have to pass on the watchtower challenge, I think. I'll try to cook something up if I have time, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass up on this one.

As far as the drow incursions, it is the will of the Court that all Guildmsmen should only take defensive positions against intruders into Mitgardia. We do not want to provoke a war before we can defend our borders against a much larger force

What? You want us to sit by as they dance on our lands with their cheeks showing? Arrrgh... if it is the will of the Guild, we will obey...

Although short on time (don't let me hear you making short jokes), we will show you a true obsidian tower, soon enough.

Long live Mitgardia!

Hear, hear!