Sirens-of-Titan

Mitgardia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

alright, I worked in your suggestions, new pics later today

btw, it'd also be cool if someone made a map of Valholl. I'll be gone on a one week long field trip from tomorrow on. So I won't have the time to do this myself.

Edited by kabel

@eccles: you map is missing the thing hall :wink:

alright, so here's the update:

dscn1156.jpg

dscn1157.jpg

dscn1158.jpg

btw, what's the jarl think of this project?

My question for the Challenge IV contest is that how much of a priority is the micro landcape? My entry will quite crowded and I'm not sure if I'll have enough room to make a realistic micro background.

Mitgardia is very similar to vikings, eh? Is it cold the whole year in mitgardia or is it look like avalonia in summer with maybe 20 degrees celsius and on the winter -20 degrees celsius?

It's not possible to join 2 guilds? :grin::blush::wink:

Edited by Styrbjorn

Mitgardia is very similar to vikings, eh? Is it cold the whole year in mitgardia or is it look like avalonia in summer with maybe 20 degrees celsius and on the winter -20 degrees celsius?

It's not possible to join 2 guilds? :grin::blush::wink:

Mitgardia is quite frozen in the Winter, but indeed looks like Avalonia in the Summer months. So if you're going for the seasonal feel right now, it's quite green and lush. Imagine Scandinavia in the summer months and you've got a good image. :thumbup:

While joining two guilds may not be an option, you can always build in Mitgardia. De Gothia, ZCerberus and a few other builders are experts at building in other lands, while sending their sig-figs on vacation there. :wink:

@Stormbringer:

Micro scale background should be included, but doesn't have to be anything more drastic than a few mountains in the distance. I hope you enter challenge 4!

Oh.

If so I maybe should have joined mitgardia. I can't and couldn't choose!

My sigfig is from mitgardia but in avalonia. I am going to take a trip to mitgardia soon, but I still like avalonia because it's a little bit more advanced buildings, but mitgardia has the seasons, as I love, and vikings so I think I have a problem. My only half want to mitgardia and the other half wants to avalonia. Now I am in avalonia, so I have a BIG problem :hmpf_bad::sceptic::blush::wink:

Oh.

If so I maybe should have joined mitgardia. I can't and couldn't choose!

My sigfig is from mitgardia but in avalonia. I am going to take a trip to mitgardia soon, but I still like avalonia because it's a little bit more advanced buildings, but mitgardia has the seasons, as I love, and vikings so I think I have a problem. My only half want to mitgardia and the other half wants to avalonia. Now I am in avalonia, so I have a BIG problem :hmpf_bad::sceptic::blush::wink:

No worries, we'd be happy to have you as a dual citizen if it'll make you happier. Just declare one or the other when submitting your entree for challenges. :thumbup:

Aha. My country is in the northern parts of avalonia so i am in avalonia but yeah, I am from mitgardia and so, so I can easy take a walk in mitgardia. :wink:

I am about half way through another free build, will probably be done within a week. After that I will probably do one more before I start my Challenge 4 entry.

I'm thinking the area/town Sir Glorfindel controls is in the valley below Mt. Mitgard, I need to think of a name... suggestions would be welcome. The free build I am half way through will be located there, and I am most likely going to be doing quite a few more builds for it too.

@kabel: The murder holes are a nice addition :thumbup:

Great news Guildsmen!

A grand prize for round 4 has just been approved, and we will be announcing it soon! :wink::thumbup: I think you'll all be very excited, I know I am.

Great news Guildsmen!

A grand prize for round 4 has just been approved, and we will be announcing it soon! :wink::thumbup: I think you'll all be very excited, I know I am.

what a tease! What could it be? an old set? parts? an army of Minifigs?

On a side note, thanks to all who are responsible for get the great prizes!

Maybe one of the LOTR sets? :classic:

And I agree with Mikey, thanks to the ones fixing the prizes and holding these challenges! They are great! :thumbup:

I just finished taking pictures of my latest free build, but I can't upload them untill tomorow and allready have an idea for a next story. I also would like to build a tower/wall Eccles'-style :tongue: So many ideas, so little time :(

The prize for Challenge 4 is up: prize

I had a feeling it might be that :classic:

Oooooo, you're good, are you interested in donating towards our pyramid schemeprize pool too? :tongue:

I need to win this round, awesome prize. :thumbup::wub:

Hey all! I am new to this whole thing, and I wanted to get in on this Guild action! It might be late for new members, but I hope I can become an accepted part of your community.

sigfig_and_apprentice_sized.jpg

Staffen, an engraver and silversmith by trade, owns an opperates a small shop on the outskirts of Valholl. He stays busy because his reputation as an engraver has spread throughout the whole of Mitgardia. Recently, however, he has taken a break from his usual work because he has been contracted by the Mitgardian government to coin vast amounts of money. Staffen and Stybbe, his Dwarven apprentice, are loyal Mitgardians, setting aside work to fight for their land if needed.

Thanks! Please let me know what I can do to help out in the Guild!

Stephen

Great to see a new member Stephen C. :excited:

The best thing you can do to help Mitgardia is build, there are 2 challenges you can enter right now that both have prizes: Challenge 4 (link scroll down all the way to see Challenge 4) and the Commerce Challenge (link)

And you can always do free builds :classic:

I've just posted a free build. And maybe I'll try my hand at something for the commerce build Soccerkid! Just have to come up with something.

And indeed great to have another member!

I hope you do Blaze :thumbup:

My free build is quite almost done, just the roof and some landscaping/fig-posing :classic:

It might just be my favorite build yet :wub: