Sirens-of-Titan

Mitgardia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Oh yeah you're right! How could I forget. Sorry man haha :tongue:

But you're right, more houses for Valholl would be great. After challenge 3 I'm planning on building some Valholl structures as well, allready have an idea for a market district.

@ Cara that dragon sure is a beauty! :wub:

And indeed, there are quite some builds from Mitgardia already! But never enough!

And about building in Valholl. There will be mini-challenges for Valholl soon, with new titles and prizes! So for now try to build other things. :wink: And not enough ideas, here are a few.

Rural: Mills, Farms, Farmers plowing, orchards and more.

Industrial: Blacksmiths, Mining-scenes, Tailors and so on.

Architecture: Bridges(we got a lot of rivers so we need a lot of them), monasteries, and not to forget villages. Valholl is nothing without supporting villages. So no need to focus that much on Valholl :wink:

Still not knowing what to build?! :tongue:

Haha it does help if someone has a bit of inside information about the upcoming mini-contests :tongue:

I'll put my Valholl build in the fridge for now than, thanks for the headsup!

Cara That dragon is really cool :thumbup: Love the use of swords and shovels on the head, very original!

Edited by Blaze

Fellow Mitgardians!

If you will be going to Brickworld Chicago and have any room to spare for some creations, please consider a 16x16 or larger Mitgardia moc! Avalonia is way ahead of us on participation in the GoH Brickworld display, we don't want that do we?

*oh2*

With the great builders in our guild, I know we could drum up a little more to display than just something from me. It doesn't have to be big, it just has to be Mitgardia!

Go here to sign up: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66796

@Blaze I wont read stories until mine is finished but how could I resist looking at the pictures :grin: I love the Chapter 6 picture of the three adventurers looking up the steps to the BIG doors with the statues. The blue in the lamps caught the light really well. I look forward to the inside.

And Ecclesiastes you need to give us more of a hint that just that Mayan style wall face!!!

DarkDragon I won't make it, because I live in Holland, sorry :grin: Would love to see photo's though!

Cara Thanks! With that comment you basicly captured the essence of the picture (or at least, what I was going for :tongue: I'm not the greatest photographer haha)

Edited by Blaze

@Ecclesiates: now why does it have to be a "challenge" again? Why can't we just make it more of a community effort? Plus, you are going to win it anyway, no chance for anyone else here to beat you :wink: And what about my two already existing Valholl mocs, are they out of the race? If I had known this I would have withheld them ...

@darkdragon: quite a bunch of us are actually European. Most of the American builders of this guild haven't been seen in a while ...

Edited by kabel

And about building in Valholl. There will be mini-challenges for Valholl soon, with new titles and prizes! So for now try to build other things. :wink: And not enough ideas, here are a few.

Elon Chorian is still hungry for more titles? Rumours say that the people Ondylion are not united in their appriciation for the famous reputation of their master. This could have something to do with a ruthless orcish-deathsquad that is roaming the lands on the hunt for Chorian's head.

Yeah, the rangers in the north have also scouted more orcs since a long time. We even inprisoned a little group who entered pikesteel and refused to pay for the six boars and 27 horns of mead they consumed with the Two of them. If anyone wants them back, or could use two orcs (they do have great upper body strength...) you can bail them for twenty silvers at pikesteel prison.

And Ecclesiastes you need to give us more of a hint that just that Mayan style wall face!!!

It's actually almost finished, but I'm more busy with sorting than building at the moment :wink:

@darkdragon: quite a bunch of us are actually European. Most of the American builders of this guild haven't been seen in a while ...

Indeed! I wish I could visit, but that would be a bit expensive!

@Ecclesiates: now why does it have to be a "challenge" again? Why can't we just make it more of a community effort? Plus, you are going to win it anyway, no chance for anyone else here to beat you :wink: And what about my two already existing Valholl mocs, are they out of the race? If I had known this I would have withheld them ...

Maybe you're right and "assignment" is a better word to use. And it's about creating Valholl, so it's kinda gonna be a community effort. And the best thing is, I'm not entering. :tongue: Mostly because in consultation with the Jarl I'm the one who made some "assignments". To help some of us start building again! And yes you've allready made some great buildings for Valholl, so I think the Jarl should come up with a title that should fit you for that effort :wink:

Elon Chorian is still hungry for more titles? Rumours say that the people Ondylion are not united in their appriciation for the famous reputation of their master. This could have something to do with a ruthless orcish-deathsquad that is roaming the lands on the hunt for Chorian's head.

Never enough titles! :tongue: And those are just rumours, the people of Ondylion are proud to have Elon as there leader. And I heard Blaze hunted down some orcs so they aren't much for a treath.

But seriously I think titles are a good replacement for prizes, because prizes have to come from someone and we don't have a basket filled with prizes that never gets empty!

I figured you (Ecclesiastes) wouldn't be entering seeing as you were in the know long before us.

But even if you were, everyone still has a chance, and competition pushes (me anyways) to better builds.

I would love to see some previews of your entry for Challenge 3 :classic:

Mine should be up soon as I took pictures, but my older brother is helping me make my own website (my Flickr space is almost gone and I don't want to spend money on that right now) and it takes longer to make your own website than just put pictues on Flickr :hmpf:

I agree that titles are great prizes :thumbup:

Most of my effort I put in the mocs is repaid through the comments people place, I don't build for the prizes or being the winner of a contest (although being the best does sound very good :grin: )

And don't worry eccles, my rangers are willing to protect if the rumours are true.

Yeah, the rangers in the north have also scouted more orcs since a long time. We even inprisoned a little group who entered pikesteel and refused to pay for the six boars and 27 horns of mead they consumed with the Two of them. If anyone wants them back, or could use two orcs (they do have great upper body strength...) you can bail them for twenty silvers at pikesteel prison.

Never enough titles! :tongue: And those are just rumours, the people of Ondylion are proud to have Elon as there leader. And I heard Blaze hunted down some orcs so they aren't much for a treath.

Two orcs got sloppy, but I'm afraid there were 7 of them in total. Otherwise my freebuild wouldn't make any sense :classic:

My freebuild is for 75% done. It's coming in a week. A couple Ondylion peasants get threatened, nothing serious :classic: I hope you don't mind! I got the idea after a quote of SoT:

About Ecclesiastes' signature. We may have to create a new character for you; you're a damn national treasure as it stands now and we wouldn't want you getting assassinated and leaving us in the dark ages without military, religion, naval fleet, and arts. :grin:

Yeah, I do understand this. I just want to make sure as many people in the guild as possible know we are having a table so that if they are making it to BW they can bring a little something to show support for Mitgardia.

:classic:

Two orcs got sloppy, but I'm afraid there were 7 of them in total. Otherwise my freebuild wouldn't make any sense :classic:

My freebuild is for 75% done. It's coming in a week. A couple Ondylion peasants get threatened, nothing serious :classic: I hope you don't mind! I got the idea after a quote of SoT:

Not at all! I actually think it's a great idea. Looking forward to see it! :classic:

My entry for Challenge 3 is up: My link

Any guesses on how I made the core of the monument? (its the last picture in the post)

Edited by soccerkid6

Woa Looking good soccerkid! I'm currently browsing on my phone, so I can't see the pictures that well, but when I have access to my laptop again I will leave a comment! :thumbup:

And speaking of... My challenge 3 is completed!

Woa Looking good soccerkid! I'm currently browsing on my phone, so I can't see the pictures that well, but when I have access to my laptop again I will leave a comment! :thumbup:

And speaking of... My challenge 3 is completed!

Ahh!!!! now I see why you said I wouldn't see behind the doors, its another set!

Um but that crystal is pink. Don't we have to use a clear one?

Yes, it is supposed to be clear, but I don't own a clear crystal! And I can't use bricklink now, so if someone knows a set which contains one of those, please tell me :classic:

Yes, it is supposed to be clear, but I don't own a clear crystal! And I can't use bricklink now, so if someone knows a set which contains one of those, please tell me :classic:

You can't use bricklink? But I assume you can still visit the website. You can see which sets include a certain item by using the catalog on bricklink. Like this: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=30153&in=S

Grand Carousel should keep you in a good supply of white crystals for a while :wink:

10196-1.jpg?5

Still, buying a whole set just to get 1 white crystal seems like a kind of waste of money, except for the cristmass tree perhaps..

Check http://peeron.com/inv/parts/30153

64 in 10196-1 - Grand Carousel (2009)

12 in 3840-1 - Pirate Code (2009)

8 in 7577-1 - Winter Wonder Palace (2006)

5 in 7600-1 - LEGO Belville Advent Calendar (2007)

4 in 5962-1 - The Tinderbox (2005)

3 in 6192-1 - Pirate Building Set (2009)

2 in 7578-1 - Ultimate Princesses (2006)

1 in 30009-1 - Christmas Tree Polybag (2009)

1 in 7776-1 - The Shipwreck (2007)

1 in 7885-1 - Robin's Scuba Jet: Attack of the Penguin (2008)

1 in 5826-1 - The Queen's Chamber (2000)

1 in 6242-1 - Soldiers' Fort (2009)

1 in 8061-1 - Gateway of the Squid (2010)

1 in 10211-1 - Grand Emporium (2010)

1 in 7683-1 - Fight on the Flying Wing (2009)

1 in 5824-1 - Millimy's House (2000)

1 in 7627-1 - Temple of Akator (2008)

1 in 7579-1 - Blossom Fairy (2006)

1 in 5823-1 - Millimy's Bedroom (2000)

1 in 7682-1 - Shanghai Chase (2009)

Edit: Also 1 in the Kingdoms advent calender (7952)

Edited by bartjuh

The one set I know is currently out, cheaper in price and has it is Catwoman's City Cycle Chase. Then other possibles are a $5 Atlantis set: 7976 Ocean Speeder if you have TRU near you may still have them. Otherwise Fight for the Dagger Pop set had it recently. And the game Pirate Code had 12 of them. And for a more expensive set Destiny's Bounty has it.

Edited by Cara

If you pm me, I'll send you a clear crystal! :thumbup:

And nice entries so far guys! :sweet:

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Wow thanks for the lists and sets guys! That 5$ Atlantis set sounds promessing.

I didn't knew that the PotC sets had that many good parts, my brother gave me one (he owed 30€, so in stead of the money, he gave me a PotC set haha :tongue: ) and it really is a cool set, great minifigs and attributes imo.

ecclesiastes wow really? I'll pm you, thanks!

Edited by Blaze

I do not think that the judges will care :) use any crystal you have, and we will use our imagination ;)

I do not think that colors are rule, just... guiding line :) so the story looks complete :) No one will make a fuss about the wrong color, if you are not in a position to acquire it :)

:)

The Drow rule with kindnes! :devil: