I Scream Clone

Nocturnus Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Little something that I am making for Kaliphlin Story Time: Myths, Legends and Lore mini Challenge ;)

Although you could think that this is a sea, it is not, these are form the swamplands of Moruth ;) deep swamps ;)

It will also have a dragon from Sieron & Coral's dragon contens ;)

ta-underwater-01.jpg

ta-underwater-02.jpg

Little something that I am making for Kaliphlin Story Time: Myths, Legends and Lore mini Challenge ;)

Although you could think that this is a sea, it is not, these are form the swamplands of Moruth ;) deep swamps ;)

ta-underwater-01.jpg

ta-underwater-02.jpg

That is pure awesomeness from the start!

ta-underwater-01.jpg

ta-underwater-02.jpg

'cough'Katie Walker'cough' :laugh: Looks cool though, a whole swamp of these things would look pretty darn awesome.

Hyler Talliwell

Thank you for the pics, is better than I imagined it will be, I like the design for the tail, the body looks pretty sturdy and the head has elegance.

That is a very nice creature for Nocturnus. :classic:

Ps. that swamp vegetation seems wonderful too, Angeli. :thumbup:

'cough'Katie Walker'cough' :laugh: Looks cool though, a whole swamp of these things would look pretty darn awesome.

Yup, she is responsible for all of my 2D and 3D patterns - an immense inspiration ;) I would never start playing with these if I haven't stumble at her ;)

She even made me a spider for the Drow:

5039610673_3e72e1ff33.jpg

which inspirated me to make my own:

spider-04.jpg

She is the reason I have so much cheese slopes, else I would not even use them ;)

Edit: You are the reason I have so much of those darned round plates 1x1 :) Bob Carney is the reason my castles are so big, and Takeshi Itou (Hachi) is responsible for all of water in my castles :)

Edited by Angeli

Yes she is extremly good at coming up with different patterns, I've been browsing her stuff for some inspiration for some stained glass windows. I do like your spider, looks like its a picture on a giant jewel.

Mages of Nocturne! Lend me your ears!

As you know, our ancestors built many triskaisekalths thoughout the four lands, but during the last war, all of these arcane structures were destoryed by some mysterious means. For centuries we have tried replacing the broken stones, to no avail. Five years ago, Belladonna, our troll druid decided it was worth trying again, but instead of using new stones, she would use stones taken from other ruined trisaidekaliths. Gathering these stones was a trial of might for the warriors of her tribe, who had to travel near and far. Finding out which stones needed to be placed in what order would have been impossible without the help of the tacomancer. But finally, we once again have a working Triskaidekalith!

triskaidekalith1.jpg

More Images http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=496435

As you can see, five of the six support stones have glowing runes. The sixth was cracked, and allthough the rune itself is unusable, it's presence makes the others usefull.

Friends, AFOL's, Guild Members of Historica, lend us your ears!

It is our pleasure to announce the results from Challenge 2, the Embassy Build:

In this round our great lands came together in diplomacy and forged strong relations in the spheres of trade, knowledge, and culture! We had a lot of amazing entrees and as you can tell, judging was a long and thorough process, as each and every entry was considered and given a fair chance at being the best in it's Guild. With so many great models, it was difficult to choose the top ones. We now present you with the highest rated MOC's from each guild, as well as the overall top scoring Guild, both in terms of entrees submitted, and quality of said entrees.

Total Guild Points:

Mitgardia - 535 Gold Darics

Nocturnus - 508 Gold Darics

Kaliphlin - 532 Gold Darics

Avalonia - 544 Gold Darics

The winning guild for Round 2 is therefore: AVALONIA!

Individual Guild Winners:

Mitgardia: Ecclesiastes

Nocturnus: lisqr

Kaliphlin: Gabe

Avalonia: Rolli

These winners, as well as the Winners from Challenge One can expect to receive custom prizes designed and produced for Guilds of Historic exclusively. Details on these prizes will be released soon, but trust us when we say, they are well worth the wait. :wink:

Congratulations to the winners, and a big thank you to all who participated! :thumbup:

Stay tuned for the official announcement for Challenge 3!

Friends, AFOL's, Guild Members of Historica, lend us your ears!

<snip>

The winning guild for Round 2 is therefore: AVALONIA!

Individual Guild Winners:

Mitgardia: Ecclesiastes

Nocturnus: lisqr

Kaliphlin: Gabe

Avalonia: Rolli

These winners, as well as the Winners from Challenge One can expect to receive custom prizes designed and produced for Guilds of Historic exclusively. Details on these prizes will be released soon, but trust us when we say, they are well worth the wait. :wink:

Congratulations to the winners, and a big thank you to all who participated! :thumbup:

Stay tuned for the official announcement for Challenge 3!

All fantastic builds, well deserving winners all! And my sympathies to the judges, for once again having to choose from so many great builds. A sincere well done to all :thumbup:

All fantastic builds, well deserving winners all! And my sympathies to the judges, for once again having to choose from so many great builds. A sincere well done to all :thumbup:

Totally agreed!

To bad our bribes didn't work out the way we planned. Perhaps we'll try to build better next challenge.. :wink:

Nah, let's try extortion first.

Edited by Balthasar

My fellow guildsmen :)

how much time I have until the end of 29th February? (End of February. FSOE time (if it is February 2012 Somewhere On Earth, I can still enter my moc:)

How more hours do I have?:)

tnx

My fellow guildsmen :)

how much time I have until the end of 29th February? (End of February. FSOE time (if it is February 2012 Somewhere On Earth, I can still enter my moc:)

How more hours do I have?:)

tnx

5 minutes I think

good luck!

dear guild members, I've constructed a dragon for Sieron&Corals dragon contest, and related it to the Kaliphlin Story Time: Myths, Legends and Lore mini Challenge :)

check it out here

deep-04.jpgdragon-12.jpg

dear guild members, I've constructed a dragon for Sieron&Corals dragon contest, and related it to the Kaliphlin Story Time: Myths, Legends and Lore mini Challenge :)

check it out here

deep-04.jpgdragon-12.jpg

A great build that emotes an underwater theme and has plenty of great techniques for inspiration.

How did you get that collumn of 2x2 round bricks to bend like that?

My fellow guildsmen,

I've created an interactive map of nocturnus after the example made by bentoft.

The map is visible here: http://www.nocturnus.woelmuis.nl/

If anyone wants to have a MOC added to the map (embassies build by other guilds can be added as well), just let me know what and where you want to have it added.

For the great wealth and power of the Nocturnus guild,

Count Nero

Edited by Balthasar

ROUND THREE.

6804566178_da30315133_z.jpg

Assassin: "My lord I come bearing news "

6950677851_6984a1a6f7_z.jpg

gallery_13585_168_592968.jpg

Description:

Build an epic scene which depicts your adventurer entering and searching a mysterious location for the Elemental Crystals. The location may be any fantasy/castle site you wish, but it must feel ancient, remote, and ominous.

The crystal must be guarded by some sort of guardian or trap, and a heavy emphasis on thematic building is encouraged. (For example if you are building an ancient tomb, undead may guard the treasure, and if you are building a jungle locale, natives/wild animals may be the guardians)

Specifics:

• No size limit: Build as big or small as you wish, points won’t be based on size, but on quality, detail and imagination.

• Build must be an ancient site, may be set indoors, outdoors, in any climate and environment.

• Build must include guardians. (see above)

• Build should be accompanied by a short story about the adventurer's trials through the location. (Either comic-form or narrative paragraph)

• Build must contain the correct crystal/gem piece for your Guild as a treasure:

Avalonia - Green (Earth) 30153.jpg

Kaliphlin - Blue (Water) 30153.gif

Mitgardia - Clear (Air) 30153.jpg

Nocturnus - Red (Fire) 30153.gif

There are two months to build for this round, (Due date April 28th, 2012) and we are raising the bar of expectations yet again, so take your time and build quality MOC's!

We will be looking for details, imagination, building techniques and good presentation.

Let's find these crystals so that we may unlock the greatest treasure in all of Historica!

Can i participate in this challenge if i didnt in the others?

Yes, certainly! But no need to quote that entire post, especially straight after it. :wink:

So I was wondering, how do we explain the existence of 10-20 ancient sites all containing the red crystal? Are all but one decoys? PS the date is missing...

Can i participate in this challenge if i didnt in the others?

By all means, if you have added you character to our guild then you can enter any of the challenges at your discretion....you've got to be in it to win it, and the prizes are pretty darn special.....Oh did I say prizes....nothing to see here move along. :grin:

Please try to use proper capitalisation and punctuation.

Let's get that fire piece of rock!

I think 'Dungeons' :thumbup: It's nice, because this week, to remeber old times, I will be hosting an AD&D RPG game as Dungeon Master with my friends, and capturing treasures is all abou them! I'm sure I'll have tons of inspiration for the builds after that!

Merodaquinas city grows in a nice pace!

6808028298_555a228379_z.jpg

Lord Khan's House - Merodaquinas Judge and Family par Felipe Descomplicado, sur Flickr

I also came out with a Red/Gold Snake template for Shields, to suit Nocturnus' Flags and also suit my character's personality - as you may remember, he is Snake, the Elusive.

I call this the "Viper House":

6945323081_f412595c08_z.jpg

Snake the Elusive and his Sons - Nocturnus Guild par Felipe Descomplicado, sur Flickr

and also came out with these creepy Knights:

6945320693_c119231721_z.jpg

Apocalipse Riders - Nocturnus Guild par Felipe Descomplicado, sur Flickr

Edited by Cij Daoke

So I was wondering, how do we explain the existence of 10-20 ancient sites all containing the red crystal? Are all but one decoys?...

I'm guessing intentionally created decoys, similar appearing/sounding items that turn out to not be the correct gem on further inspection, or if we want to follow your usual fantasy literature cliché, each crystal could have been sundered in to dozens of fragments and scattered across the lands to prevent it from falling in to the wrong/right hands.

Does anyone else remember the picture on the cover of the first edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Players Guide? For some reason it was the first thing I thought of after reading this challenge :tongue:

Just to clear up a point regarding Challenge 3:

There are only 4 crystals, one in each land.

There are not lots of false crystals that have been hidden in shrines that have just sprung up all over the place. Obviously we couldn't just have 1 guild member building a moc from each guild for challenge 3. The idea is that everyone builds their own interpretation of their guild discovering the crystal that lies hidden in their land. :classic:

But i'm sure you all knew that right :wink:

Let's get that fire piece of rock!

I think 'Dungeons' :thumbup: It's nice, because this week, to remeber old times, I will be hosting an AD&D RPG game as Dungeon Master with my friends, and capturing treasures is all abou them! I'm sure I'll have tons of inspiration for the builds after that!

Merodaquinas city grows in a nice pace!

6808028298_555a228379_z.jpg

Lord Khan's House - Merodaquinas Judge and Family par Felipe Descomplicado, sur Flickr

I also came out with a Red/Gold Snake template for Shields, to suit Nocturnus' Flags and also suit my character's personality - as you may remember, he is Snake, the Elusive.

I call this the "Viper House":

6945323081_f412595c08_z.jpg

Snake the Elusive and his Sons - Nocturnus Guild par Felipe Descomplicado, sur Flickr

and also came out with these creepy Knights:

6945320693_c119231721_z.jpg

Apocalipse Riders - Nocturnus Guild par Felipe Descomplicado, sur Flickr

Great work, nice to see you guys building up Nocturnus. Those Apocalipse Riders look awesome!

A mystic Ship arrived at the Claw Breaker Area.

relics201.jpg

They bring a lost map who shows another holy relic from the Nocturnus Werewolves.

relics204.jpg

But this is not the only reason, why this mystic visitors get those card to Lord Darecold.

They have a prisoner, who told from the elemental crystal of Nocturnus who was stolen long time ago.

relics205.jpg

Now, the Werewolves start a new journey to find the "Helm of General Rook" and bring back this crystal to Nocturnus :devil: