I Scream Clone

Nocturnus Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

this was going to be my entry for the first challenge:

dscn4074.jpg

but I missed the date.

Some amazing watchtowers and embassies guildsmen, I like what I see. I await news of the gladiator games and shall have an announcement up soon for the next challenge (and hopefully some more builds from me too)

Mighty Lord Ssilyrrlith,

In order to combat the Outlaw and pirate forts that have been cropping up along the norther sea shores, the people of Scarbourough have developed some siege equipment.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=496946

Here we have a Lobster driven Battering Ram. Allthough the ram itself is light in comparison to most, It is set up higher than most bars on doors. The Lizardmen crack the top and then the lobster's claws rip out the door once it is damaged. It comes complete with Arrow Magnet on top! (Pics 672-673)

Next we have a Crab Powered Catapult. The side to side motion of the crab is ideal for avoiding counter artillery. But the Genius of this is that the crab itself fires the catapult. After the green mermaid loads the ammunition, the blue mermaid attaches a chicken leg to the chain attached to the arm of the engine. The crab yanks the chain to get the food which fires the rock. Finally you can destroy your enemies with chicken stuffed crab. (Pics 674-676)

(pic 677)

I am sure you are familiar with the Scarbourough Militia's Barrel Golems. We have developed an armor plated version and improved the shoulders of the classic model. The one in the middle is the original prototype.

(pic 679)

But we've also attached ladders to the backs of some of our Barrel golems so that they can be repaired mid-battle or be used as siege ladders.

Now the origninal weakness of the barrel golems was that they broke down so often that they were unreliable if they got too far away from town. So we took these Mechanical horses and used them to draw our golem reair wagon. (Pics 680-684)

Now our golems can be reapired on the move. Also, In case you were wondering, the mechanical horses are not ideal for combat. Firstly they can not be steered with the legs like a regular horse, secondly they loose balance quite a bit. On wagon they support each other, by themselves they are a menace.

Some amazing watchtowers and embassies guildsmen, I like what I see. I await news of the gladiator games and shall have an announcement up soon for the next challenge (and hopefully some more builds from me too)

Did anything eventuate about the prizes for challenge 1? I couldn't find anywhere what the winners got if anything.

Did anything eventuate about the prizes for challenge 1? I couldn't find anywhere what the winners got if anything.

Well we are working on the coolest custom figs, just in the process of getting certain designs printed (that's right printed, not decaled!) Stay tuned orc you'll be sorry.

Dragon riders are a cool idea!

Okay (not ok-ey) doke. I'm just thinking of more ways to eat those pesky Avalonians. default_devg1.gif

Yes, we rule the air with our Dragons!

6360134051_053ef247e2_z.jpg

Winged Hell Beast par Felipe Descomplicado, sur Flickr

Also, there's a Dragon Nesting Area near to Merodaquinas, and we're accepting requisitions for tamed Dragons!

Yes, we rule the air with our Dragons!

"Fury dragons

tblake-drake.jpg

There are few species of dragons that are part of Fury family; Drow are using quite a lot of them, and the first one is Black drake, famous by its robust display of muscles, and giant Green serpents, with wings so large that can fly ogres to battle. Here we can see one Green serpent with heavy armored cave ogre, and on second picture detail - ogre's helmet:

tgreen-serpent.jpgtgreen-serpent-detail.jpg

Half-dragon

There is one girl that we all love, more or less - she's a half dragon, originally from the swamps of Moruth, but when the undead started to spawn there, the whole tribe moved to one of the peaks of the Rakath mountain. They are extremely tall, and we gave them few of our males to mate, so now we have Drow with wings. And thanks to Lloth, they still have their dark skin and white hair, not pale as those winged half-breads. And, about the girl that we all love - she took a sword and fly all the way to the north, where she stolen feather from the Jarl Nibelung's hat- and on the picture (made by oil on a paper) she is posing with it. Yes, they made a campaign to return it and gave us a lot of headache, so finally we gave them hers location and they took it back, but we were laughing so much before that to her playing with Jarl's feather and imitations of an elderly human. Elderly? He is 122 years younger then me. Humans. So fragile. At the end, she and her theft become obsolete, and we found another entertainment. Half-dragons could be used as scouts and fighters, but they are hard to control, they all think they are noble, and I say that it is much fun to hunt them, then to order them around. Bad slaves, but good pray.

thalf-dragon.jpg

More half-dragons can be found here (Remember Isair and Madae?:))

Now it's easy to know why Drow rule supreme!"

Greetings Nocturnians!

I am currently building mocs that will form a story, and the story will take my Avalonian characters to all four lands. The first will be set at a old abandoned Mage's lab in Nocturnus. The reason I am telling you is because I'd like to know if it is ok if I use some of your Sig-fig characters in the mocs. Obviously if my Avalonians are on a mission to find something in Nocturnus, then I'm sure they will bump into a few famous Nocturnus characters!

Hope that's ok

DC

Stunning dragon btw :thumbup:

Dragons...

Here's my pet dragon.

haha, my goodness. I really like you staying in that lava theme. That eye is absolutely brilljant!

@DC - Fine with me. You can even kidnap him if you want. Just don't put his head on a stick. I noticed Avalonians are quite into excecutions lately...

Really looking forward to what you can do with Nocturnus' aspects.

Greetings Nocturnians!

I am currently building mocs that will form a story, and the story will take my Avalonian characters to all four lands. The first will be set at a old abandoned Mage's lab in Nocturnus. The reason I am telling you is because I'd like to know if it is ok if I use some of your Sig-fig characters in the mocs. Obviously if my Avalonians are on a mission to find something in Nocturnus, then I'm sure they will bump into a few famous Nocturnus characters!

Hope that's ok

DC

Stunning dragon btw :thumbup:

My understanding was that the point of the whole Historica world was to get people active on the forum and building and creating things which were outside of their typical comfort zone. As such, I personally have no problem whatsoever with my sigfig or any notables being used in other's MOC's, especailly if it is going to help flesh out the background and details of the world we are all working at creating. While I obviously can not reply on behalf of everyone I am reasonably certain that the majority of my guildsmates would feel the same - actually, I am sure that they would feel flattered were their characters to be included in the telling of such a grand and epic tale.

Very much looking forward to seeing what you have in mind for the story :thumbup: and thank you for the courtesy of checking in advance re the sigfigs :classic: These Avalonians and their well crafted diplomatic skills... :tongue:

ES