I Scream Clone

Nocturnus Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

How goes the watch towers noble Nocturnians? We seem to be plagued by Avalonian towers across to the West!

I also have need of an emissary to send on vital diplomatic missions. Would the guild members be able to design a emissary and his horse and carriage? Special title rank of Nocturnus Emissary awaits the best one!

Another small task is to design a catapult, we may have great need of these to defend ourselves should these raids keep occuring. A shiny tag of your choice from the History shields awaits you for this deed :classic:

Your lord.

It shall be done my lord.

Must it be a catapult? will a ballista suffice ?

Build more towers you cretins !

Obey your lord or meet your fate in the lava pits!

I cannot rush the artist painting the tower scene, photo-realism takes great patience and skill.

Dr Rod

How goes the watch towers noble Nocturnians? We seem to be plagued by Avalonian towers across to the West!

I also have need of an emissary to send on vital diplomatic missions. Would the guild members be able to design a emissary and his horse and carriage? Special title rank of Nocturnus Emissary awaits the best one!

Another small task is to design a catapult, we may have great need of these to defend ourselves should these raids keep occuring. A shiny tag of your choice from the History shields awaits you for this deed :classic:

Your lord.

I'll attempt making an Emissary while waiting for my bricklink order for my tower.

Obey your lord or meet your fate in the lava pits!

The Drow will build when they feel like it! Unless you want to pay us? And we go for our holidays to lava pits, to relax and enjoy. If you would like to try to scare us, try with sending us to avalonian forests during their song&love festivals.

My lord, a map has been devised by my cartographers based on your drawing...I hope it is sufficient!

Eastern Historia

eastern_historia_small_image.jpg

Here is also a "link" to larger versions of the map, once the files are made public.

Brickshelf

A nice rendition of Nocturnus Forresto, is the map wide enough to fit the names of major landmarks? Might even be worth going landscape on the page to spread it out, but all in all a lovely piece of work :thumbup:

Here's a preliminary map I did for all the different guilds. Mitgardia has the same outline as it does in Viceroy's beautiful map, so his can just serve as a zoomed up version...perhaps each guild can have a zoomed up version to show all the different landmarks that people build for their guilds.

I couldn't find the name of the capital of Avalonia, but who really cares? Nocturnus will take it over and rename it soon enough anyway. :)

I also didn't name any of the bodies of water. Anyone have ideas for those names?

6351671866_f1222a7595_z.jpg

Larger Version

I'll send Nocturnus my first and last offer.

The Avalonian Trading Company wishes to trade. You will trade infamous enchanted gemstones, magic scrolls, and magic potions, in exchange you will receive fresh vegetables, livestock and construction materials such as lumber (from Midgard Pine trees) and luxury food. We will not trade high quality weapons or armour to you as we don't trust Nocturnia yet. Burning down valuable trees, not to forget about these spies! :hmpf_bad:

If the Nocturnus guild declines, you will be on your own. No goods will be shipped towards Nocturnia at all. And don't forget, Nocturnia can't farm anything of good quality from the burned ground!

Cheers to all, perhaps you might get rich on some day! :sweet:

Here's a preliminary map I did for all the different guilds. Mitgardia has the same outline as it does in Viceroy's beautiful map, so his can just serve as a zoomed up version...perhaps each guild can have a zoomed up version to show all the different landmarks that people build for their guilds.

I couldn't find the name of the capital of Avalonia, but who really cares? Nocturnus will take it over and rename it soon enough anyway. :)

I also didn't name any of the bodies of water. Anyone have ideas for those names?

Wow! Great job on incorporating all 4 regions! You've represented Mitgardia nicely. I'll make my final version sync with your layout. Let me know if you are overhauling anything. :thumbup:

The Avalonian Trading Company wishes to trade. You will trade infamous enchanted gemstones, magic scrolls, and magic potions, in exchange you will receive fresh vegetables, livestock and construction materials such as lumber (from Midgard Pine trees) and luxury food. We will not trade high quality weapons or armour to you as we don't trust Nocturnia yet. Burning down valuable trees, not to forget about these spies! :hmpf_bad:

Dr Rod is most certainly interested in trade, it is always good to open new trade corridors.

Although we have plenty of our own food supply it is good to expand the ingredients available to us.

I am willing to trade certain potions for livestock and lumber.

I'll get my people to talk to your people and see if we can arrange a meeting.

To Trade,

Dr Rod

If the Nocturnus guild declines, you will be on your own. No goods will be shipped towards Nocturnia at all. And don't forget, Nocturnia can't farm anything of good quality from the burned ground!

Drow are always interested in trading (as long as it benefits us more then the trader). Alright, send your highest emissary with present to the matron-mother, we will discuss some trade, and return him unspoiled. Do not be intimidated by the greatness of the Drow, world is always conquered piece by piece, and we promise that your domain will be the last piece ;)

Our economy can provide magic gems, toxins, slumber potions, fungus and a high variety of slaves. Note that Drow weapons and armor are highly forbidden for surfacers, and if one of your men tries to smuggle something like this from our lands, we will make it our mission that you pay.

We can also offer new, highly intelligent, beholders with good training:

a7.jpg

Note to the wise: do not let them cry on a wool carpet, do not look them straight in any of the six eyes and do not encourage them to sing. All trades are final, and funds are non returnable.

Valsharess

Edited by Angeli

So somehow I managed to not notice the "origins of historica" story...I'll have to update the map accordingly to account for the great city of Cedrica and the central lands. Whoops!

Arcanis I offers the following message to Avalonia:

Diplomatic greetings, Trader. Perhaps some of the other haughty Avalonians have misinformed you - Nocturnus is indeed a harsh environment (it takes a strong body and mind to survive even one day), but most of those in power are not dull-witted: why would we wish to cut off our own limbs by playing an all-out game of political aggression? It is true, there is an over-generalised mind battle among the lesser intelligent over who is greater: the twisted good-for-nothing Nocturnans with their mindless uncultured minions :hmpf: , or the do-gooder "world police" feeble-bodied feeble-minded Avalonians :hmpf: - but we of higher intelligence know it only the peons, the commoners, and the vocal few who are so full of themselves and lack diplomacy.

You will do well to report back to your countrymen that the mines of Nocturnus produce the building material required to provide all of Historica with the highest quality weapons & armour many times over. We are in no want for that. Rather, it is you who should be seeking it from us. Our dwarf miners & elf craftsmen are highly skilled in producing goods rivalling that of the North.

Our gemstones are indeed a worthy commodity for trade - the lowly appearance of the wooded Avalonia and its quite mundane architecture (in comparison to that seen elsewhere in the land) could well do with some embellishment. The Kaliphlin are very rich, and will pay a high price for our ornamental goods. You will have them to contend with - especially for gold. But if you're prepared to pay the price for the ornate you shall have it.

We have all the stone we will ever need, however your more diverse woodlands may provide us with timber for more luxurious purposes than our own trees do.

As for food, the majority of our, uh, "citizens" have no want or need for the land-produced food of men, but there are definitely those of us in our grand halls (obsidian towers? :laugh: ) who do enjoy to indulge in the finer tastes. We don't have much in the way of land fit for keeping livestock so perhaps a steady continuous supply of beasts will feed those further from the local seafood market and the wild animals.

Regarding accusations of spying, there is no war, the borders are still open. Travellers should be treated as guests, it is a shame that the men of the West do not practice hospitality as well as those of the South. As Nocturnans highly value research of human psychology for our magic advancements, we do have "undercover agents" gathering information on way-of-life in other cultures. We understand that when their true identity is revealed the circumstances may appear sinister, but it is clear to us that the only way to get a true representation is to be fully "under cover". However, anyone acting aggressively is risking their own skin. The death of a fool is of no loss to Nocturnus.

Be sure to pass word on to your countrymen. The Nocturnus borders are open, but be aware that there are many hungry creatures that know nothing of diplomacy nor communication of any kind, and many rogue tribes have no regard for law. Safe passage can be arranged for the right price.

Fellow no(ta)bles of Nocturnus: we must not let our aggression be our enemy at this time. Now is the time to build, and to use the peace to our advantage. We are strong-willed, our confidence may bubble over at times, and when the inevitable war does come we shall be victorious, but wisdom dictates that our words & actions towards the West be at the very least low in venom. Their numbers may appear to be great, but it is only a greater number of voices that will ultimately pull them in more directions when the time for quick military decision comes. We are less in number with power, with greater number under our command - our armies will be stronger and more unified, our strategy more accurately carried out. but that time has not yet come, and may not be for awhile.

We should say to them what they need to hear for now... and perhaps even allow them to think we consider that we may be "equal" :laugh_hard:

So somehow I managed to not notice the "origins of historica" story...I'll have to update the map accordingly to account for the great city of Cedrica and the central lands. Whoops!

Your map is pretty good other than that. Maybe some more grassed and wooded areas within our borders before the mountains though.

...Cedrica? I've missed that too... could you link me?

Origins of Historica

The bard’s song tells a tale of a world long forgotten,

Race against race, clan against clan, shields clashed with swords; long ago when Men of the Lion fought Men of the Falcon, and human armies succumbed to Orcs and undead. Each group clashed with its neighbor for power, unleashing upon the world a great scourge, and the arcane land was thrown into chaos. When it all seemed but lost, a council of wise men and sages was summoned. From all the lands they came to convene in the old world’s great city; the fortress of Cedrica.

To settle the grievance and end a millennium of bloodshed, the sages declined all the treaties of old and joined all the clans into one mighty Kingdom; Historica. They founded the Four Great Regions- each one a realm in itself; - Mitgardia in the North, Nocturnus in the East, Kaliphlin in the South and Avalonia in the West, so that trade routes would spring up and clans would meet in the markets and not in the theatre of war. The wise men chose a family of great honor, to uphold the truce and to keep the four guilds from dispute, and descendants of that mighty kin to this day rule the Central lands of Historica. So goes the legend. For ten decades the races of old have migrated and spread through the world, following the trade routes, establishing cultures and prospering towns.

Today, it is a world of wonder and natural beauty; a realm where a man and a woman may find peace. But peace is short lived…

Treacherous assassins have tried to murder the King! The capital is in shock and there will be repercussions; the Four Regions assemble their forces as the balance of power shifts, and blame is passed around. For the first time in a century, the guilds of Historica build up old defenses and prepare for the inevitable confrontation; everything hangs in the balance, and Historica is on the verge of chaos once more…

Guildsmen; this is the world you inhabit, this is the place where you will make your fortune, build a mighty empire and battle for the glory and honor of the banner…

It's in the first post of this thread as well as the thread about the Tower building challenge. :)

EDIT: Here's an updated version of the map that incorporates Cedrica.

6352207466_208faaf48c_z.jpg

Larger Image

Edited by Thrash

It's in the first post of this thread as well as the thread about the Tower building challenge. :)

EDIT: Here's an updated version of the map that incorporates Cedrica.

Cool map, you can almost see my home!! :tongue:

Dr Rod and his motley crew live in the Northern reaches of the Rakath Mountains, close to the border with Mitgardia.

This location allows access to the coast as well, very useful for trade purposes. The coastline is very treacherous in this region with very few safe anchorages.

It seems your dragon scouts have indeed done a great job on illustrating Historica Thraxus, you shall be rewarded most handsomely.

Shamhash the female shaman, carries the sacred obsidian dagger that she swallows in her ritual dances. It is told, that in these rituals, after swallowing the dagger she spits fire like a wingless dragon. Shamhash performs her magic deep within the caves of Rakath. According to legend, obsidian, the sacred material of the orcs, becomes charged with the manna of the goddess of the orcs only after a sacred blessing by Shamhash.

When Shamhash ventures above ground, always at night, she is accompanied by her body guards, the Mesheddi. The Mesheddi proudly carry the iron weapons made by dwarves from iron mined by orcs. Itszli, Shamhash’s hunchbacked son, displays the flag that is colored with yellow and red ochre, also mined by these orcs.

The orcs are a cantankerous and individualistic group, but under the leadership of Ssilyrrlith, who recognized their loyalty if given independence, they have become freeminers with their own gales. As long as they provide Nocturnus with the precious iron ore and ochre powder from the caves, they are allowed their freedom, and nobody asks questions about the ancient rituals that occur deep within the caves, or the human bones that they drag and flaunt as decorations. Ssilyrrlith knows that these orcs are mighty and ferocious in hand to hand combat, and are especially useful for any campaign that involves siege or earthworks.

Some of the races look down upon orcs as smelly and stupid, but Ssilyrrlith has recognized them for their practical problem solving skills and willingness to forge on in dark and deplorable circumstances. His willingness to recognize their strengths and support their independence binds them to the cause of Noctornus. The support of Shamhash is invaluable because the orcs believe in her powers. (Besides, who knows, maybe she can work some powerful magic!)

6337708316_c26fe91317_z.jpg

$%&%$&@$!!!

...32x32... I can not build anything worth defending on such a small space :)

$%&%$&@$!!!

It's only a watchtower, not a fortress. :laugh: Only needs to be for keeping an eye open. Make it impenetrable if you deem necessary...

$%&%$&@$!!!

C'mon, make it happen man! Show us how the Drow keep an eye on people :laugh:

My Lord, I come to show my desire to be your Emissary, wherever that Fire Chariot can't reach.

Me and my Winged Beast are here at your disposal

6352804043_75913fd2ea_z.jpg

And I also got a Beholder, which will enforce the stand by forces on my Watch Tower.

You can see it here, scaring the hell out of some flimsy Avalonians!

6352804837_3048d250fd_z.jpg

One can never have enough emissaries after all :thumbup: You noble stead is beautiful. I will have need of your skills in dealing with the Northern Mitgardians. A nice beholder as well.

This means there are still two positions open for Cerdrica and Kaliphlin Emissaries.

And I also got a Beholder, which will enforce the stand by forces on my Watch Tower.

You can see it here, scaring the hell out of some flimsy Avalonians!

6352804837_3048d250fd_z.jpg

:laugh: That is awesome, I love that photo.

Unlike these flimsy Avalonians us Mitgardians are not afraid of a few orange bricks, as we are but men!! ("this is not the greatest song on earth, this is just a tribute" :laugh: )send your emissary and we'll teach how we deal sissies ...