I Scream Clone

Nocturnus Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Elves don't come darker than Grimm and his elite. Grimm's necromancer Drakordama maintains the recruitment for his rotten corps.

6333569552_5273477054_z.jpg

Back story on page 1 post number 2......so go and read it!

Drow rule supreme!

val-11.jpg

If the dark lord Ssilyrrlith agrees, the Drow would like to know their allies little better.

You all say that you are greatest of the warriors and wizards, but only the mightiest ones with wits, dexterity, stamina and strength will join us in our warfare. So, the matron-mother has few tasks for you; note that the ones that succeed in all will be called to attend summoning of prince of demons. The summoning will be organized inside one of the Drow cities, and your avatars will attend in flesh, made here. The summoning hall is grandiose, with a lot of lava going trough and some other things that will make the whole happening glorious. Anyone who is something in the guild will be there, and the prince of demons will surely look with favor on all gathered. Note that the first one to finish one of the tasks will be appointed with appropriate title, master **** (master armorer, master thaurmaturgist, master cultist etc) We shell see that this title, if you want it, be allowed to go as an EB title, but this is not certain yet). Regarding that there are thirteen tasks, there will be thirteen masters something. If lot of new guild members joins us, maybe we will do this again, later, with new tasks.

Anyhow, if we want to rule the realm, we have to be fast, original, beautiful and strong! Start building!

1.Perform dark ritual

Make a dark ritual of any kind. Anything that you think is suitable - it is!

2.Summon a demon

Show us a scene of demon summoning. I suppose there will be altars, portals, shrines and of course, demons, but you are mastermind of these evocations. Feel free to experiment!

3.Craft a weapon

Invent new weapon in minifig size. Use what ever you like, any bricks, as long as you can bring some punishment with it, you are on the right track!

4.Enslave new Nocturnians

Invent new species, and describe it (habitat, appearance, fighting style, possible allies etc) either with words or with bricks. Do not forget our flags, they are, after all, part of East, and all East belongs to Nocturnus!

5.Explore new places suitable for pillaging

Make a scene where your avatar is exploring darklands of the East, somewhere where we haven't been before. Let your imagination go wild - all natural and unnatural places that you can think of, and more - that is right what is needed!

6.Choose a favorite prey

Choose a fraction of any kind (lego - crownies, forestmen etc) or Historia (minotaurs, avalonians etc) and show a little scene where your avatar is hunting them (with or without help of your thralls). Know that, from now on, when fighting with this fraction, you will always have a small advantage comparing with fighting with other races. Show us a scene while you hunt, punish, enslave or just making fun of your favorite prey!

7. Craft a wand

Spelcasters love to wield staffs, wands and other magical items that are imbued with power. Make one!

8. Sparkle the fireball

Show us a scene where we can see "magic" in the magic: splash of a magic missile, fire trail of a fireball, frozen parts of an ice bolt, electrified hair after the storm strike spell, and glance full of love after the "charm" spell. Use your imagination and splash some colors, we will use that later in fighting!

9. Mastering the thaumaturgics

Invent your own spell. Show us what it does, and do tell us. Combine red, blue and green into a new spell, or make a giant hand that is crushing everything on its way. We will need that later, when we invade you-know-who ;)

10. Enlist your champion

Make a champion, a fighter that will represent you in the Drow arena. Only the toughest, meanest, ugliest of your slaves should be presented. You can fully armor him, or send him with just a bandana and fists, it is your call. Know that winner of arena brings great honor and welt to his house!

11. Torturing soul

Invent new ways for torturing our enemies. Barrel full of spiders or snakes, eating while he is tied to the tree, hanging over the crocodile den, tickling with that silly feather of that old Jarl Nibelung, or anything else, and show us in a little scene

12. Tame the beast

We will have to ride on something, wont we? Find us a warlike beast, anything that can carry a warrior. Dragon? Put some spikes and metal on it. Giant troll? Put some armor on it. Giant bets? Good thinking. Make mi a giant rideable spider, and my house will look with pride at you!

13. Brave up your hart

Show us a scene where your avatar is doing something brave, or something for the guild. This is a test, we need to see if you fully understand Nocturnas ideals and what we need in our guildsmen!

You have no limitations in bricks, size, color, style, or anything else. Let your imagination go wild. About the tasks: because there are no limitations, there should be no questions. If you have a question, answer it, using logic and dark eastern nocturnal thinking :) If you think its ok, I will too :)

Note that you can use the same mocs in CCCC 9

You have no time limit; you have no size limit. You have no limit of any kind. Do your best, leaders do not think for too long, they act - and build ;)

Again, all this is on if dark lord Ssilyrrlith says it is on. Drow know better then to go against such a force

Lo to the Drow, do not forget your place in the kingdom of the east! Whilst your challenges are indeed worthy challenges, the decree shall be handed done soon that will reward many Nocturnus guild members. Lord Ssillrylith will take your challenges on board as future tasks, and of course guild members are welcome to join you on some quests too. Let's just say your skills will be most valuable shortly. Lets not forget its best to define our lands defenses and style before launching an offensive, we can't afford to leave our lands undefended afterall :grin:

If members would like to try these ones for now, that is cool. Guild points may be awarded as well, but no guarantees :devil:

1.Perform dark ritual

Make a dark ritual of any kind. Anything that you think is suitable - it is!

3.Craft a weapon

Invent new weapon in minifig size. Use what ever you like, any bricks, as long as you can bring some punishment with it, you are on the right track!

7. Craft a wand

Spelcasters love to wield staffs, wands and other magical items that are imbued with power. Make one!

The rest shall be considered for great reward in future quests I think, what say the rest of you?

Do you all have ideas for creations and raiding in the future as well?

I am joining the guild of Nocturnus, but a thieving rogue hath stolen my only picture. It won't be until the weekend until I can track the fiend down and post that picture.

After great hesitation (most of my Lego is packed away for at least a year - I was really scraping the barrel to come up with even this) I have decided it will be more fun to participate in a small way than not at all. As this guild appears to be the least popular and most dark, I thought I'd join Nocturnus.

Let me present to you the 2 latest notable characters to the region:

Arcanis I (*groan* :laugh: )

6335888563_c8d08fc68b.jpg

Defector from the West - possibly affected by enchantment or some other magic encountered deep in Avalonia. Not known how it started, only that the soul became increasingly tormented until he just had to leave his old life & companions. Battle scarred & socially unstable his current home is in Nocturnus, under the tutelage of a mysterious creature of great power:

Kargzaskzin

6336644952_e839fc6036.jpg6335889685_15e2524fd9.jpg

From the depths of the earth, or swamp, or something. Unpleasant in every way possible, given over to the dark arts. Armed not only with a powerful sceptre but also a crossbow, you never know when your powers can be rendered useless: there is more to the darkness than any being could ever master. Well, how many cartoons have I watched where the supposedly all-powerful evil magic guy gets bested by some good guy with a cool sword...

6336647528_a08a8739ff.jpg

No! Do! Or do not! There is no try...

My attempt at the official organised Nocturnus army of soldiers: I've gone with the speckled helmet & armour, black torso, red (or skin coloured - option to go sleeveless) arms, skin coloured or any colour gloved hands, black & red/dark red legs. Standard issue weaponry is not compulsory, but most common: black or speckled spears/axes & standard Lego weapons. The official army stationed in a fortress etc would be dressed as such. Few shields, and often two handed weapons.

6335890205_d0f6527ecc.jpg

Officers are less armed, wearing the black hood (maybe a cape too? Didn't think of that before) and epaulettes - gold & black go best with the red arms. An officer would be more likely to use a staff etc. This one also throws knives...

6335890647_38313b7e1f.jpg

So what do you all think of those? I like the Reptrians & some other bands people have presented. I think (apart from just using Kingdoms Dragon Knights) we need a more affordable official guild army option for mocs than what I've seen in this topic so far. We need to use common pieces in a way that represents our colours and style. So far most of the ideas are 2/3.

Another Aussie joins the darkside, I think half this guild is from down under.....we can't lose. :thumbup:

I understand completely, I just think having crowns in one region lions in another, dragons in another....... It makes more sense. I don't see a reason why there would be crownis in all regions, unless under one Lord spread out. I also don't see how they could be loyal to each region. It just is too freely open to me. And that way people with crownies, join that region people with lions or dragons join that region... its still even people pick the region they join by what they have. I dont like the idea of the same symbold in each region unless its nomadic or what have you.....

I agree with you completely, it would be nice if every guild had one shield/crest and one set of colors to work from.

I agree with you completely, it would be nice if every guild had one shield/crest and one set of colors to work from.

But there is problem with that idea. For example the red color is on the flags of two guilds which has completely different backround stories. Lion Knigts theme concept simply doesn't fit into neither of stories because lion knights represent a nobel faction which has nothing to do with neither darkside nor southern people tribe.

Most of the official Lego themes are based on noble men-kingdoms which actually fit only the backstory of Avalonia.

For example i have much much more red and blue/dark blue colored minifigures than the green ones but i joined to the avalonia which represent a more noble kingdom than others.

People should choose their guild regarding the background stories more than the colors.

Ufiformity is something every one of us wants. Bu the flag colors are not chosen according to the original themes. For example there is no blue in guild flags but there are lots of blue colored castle minifig parts and accessories.

Edited by timura

I really like the history of Nocturnus Guild.

I already finish my army and now I will prepare the pictures.

Lets see what swamp power is reserving for us.... poor us...

Lo to the Drow, do not forget your place in the kingdom of the east! Whilst your challenges are indeed worthy challenges, the decree shall be handed done soon that will reward many Nocturnus guild members. Lord Ssillrylith will take your challenges on board as future tasks, and of course guild members are welcome to join you on some quests too. Let's just say your skills will be most valuable shortly. Lets not forget its best to define our lands defenses and style before launching an offensive, we can't afford to leave our lands undefended afterall :grin:

If members would like to try these ones for now, that is cool. Guild points may be awarded as well, but no guarantees :devil:

Do you all have ideas for creations and raiding in the future as well?

No problem, go with something else, I will use this 13 tasks later for my own contest not related with the guilds.

But I must say I am a little disappointed, watching how other guilds are blooming and how much the guild leaders are trying to move them in a right direction with praises, discussions, tasks, titles and other things that could move people to build, discuss and associate with each other, having creative fun, and how this guild is lacking that. Maybe that is the reason why this guild is least desirable, and with smallest number of posts and thread views?

Edited by Angeli

I come from very fair to announce Lord Malvadex will to lay his weapons over Lord Ssilyrrlith command.

The news of the gathering of forces in Historica had already reached the fairest lands of this world, and we are quickly responding to it by supporting Nocturnus colours.

My Lord most deep desires is to conquer the world under Nocturnus stripes and bring fear and doom all over these lands.

My Lord do also have an merciless human troop to help in all our interests. Give a man the pleasure of drawing blood once, and they'll get addicted very fast.

Our commitive is already arriving - our beasts travels fasts but only under the shade of the Night.

To show you all we have experience casting Dark portals and summoning Golems, my Lord wanted me to show you his late experience over Marduk's Portal:

5704570910_cdb27e6a41.jpg

(Sorry guys, still hadn't had the time to shoot my troop, but i'll post it ASAP!)

Edited by Cij Daoke

Greetings!

I've thought about joining this guild but decided against it because i've got too much work to do :hmpf_bad:

I would imagine the realm of the Nocturnus Guild as something dark with a strong demonic influence and necromancy, like you described it.

To to give the landscape a darker touch you could use volcanic elements with craters like this one or even this baseplate. You would get something like mordor.

As demons you could use Bionicle Minifigures (and for greater Demons large-scale Bionicles).

I own all these elements and dream of creating a really dark Fortress with demons and undead, ruled by a great undead Dragon, who is impersonated by a modded version of Ofnir.

By doing this (rocky, volcanic, dark, with courrupted fauna and flora because of the demonic influence) you would give your realm a unique look.

Just my two cents, maybe some day a create some MOCs this way...

I hope i haven't gone too far with these ideas.

Brick on and good luck,

Quichybo

Edited by Quichybo

Great to see some new races emerging from the dark corners of the East! If I still had a heart it would be pleased. All these members from Van diemens land too, most appropriate.

Angeli I appreciate your efforts mate. It's just a lot of your ideas we already planned on saving for the comp rounds! :wink: Your ideas need to feature all of the eastern landscape too, otherwise we won't flesh out our whole region. People are already planning some cool builds too, we just haven't attracted a lot of builders with smaller collections due to our landscape and select minifigures.

The whole idea is to get you all building and having fun, and you can all ask your questions here too.

Now who is keen on the Watch tower idea? Who will earn some gold four our guild?

Now who is keen on the Watch tower idea? Who will earn some gold four our guild?

Thraxus' minotaurs are working on a watchtower for the Kelra Labyrinth. It should be done sometime this week or the minotaurs in charge of building it will be punished and get sent into the Labyrinth for the Reptrians to hunt...

Thraxus' minotaurs are working on a watchtower for the Kelra Labyrinth. It should be done sometime this week or the minotaurs in charge of building it will be punished and get sent into the Labyrinth for the Reptrians to hunt...

Excellent news from Thraxus!

I forgot to mention I am taking a leaf from Mitgardia. I wish to offer reward to the 4 greatest builders in this guild in the form of rewarding titles and additional internal building challenges as well.

Shall we all start off with some vignettes? Consult some of Angeli's ideas or the story of Nocturnus in the first post as well. Lets see what demons look like, lets see some swamp land and creatures, lava pools etc

Lets whip this place into shape! lisqr, Dr Rod and Cij Daoke are already leading the way nicely.

Are LDD entries allowed? I don't have the bricks to buils anything big at the moment.

I'll do a watch tower bordering Mitgardia, where lava meets snow.

Just wondering if there's a list of guild members for each guild. Are people allowed to join later?

I know that our guild is quite outnumbered, but I'd like to know how outnumbered we are.

p.s. I don't mind to be the minority, it just means more enemy corpse to loot :devil:

I'll do a watch tower bordering Mitgardia, where lava meets snow.

Just wondering if there's a list of guild members for each guild. Are people allowed to join later?

I know that our guild is quite outnumbered, but I'd like to know how outnumbered we are.

p.s. I don't mind to be the minority, it just means more enemy corpse to loot :devil:

It's all about quality not quantity, we brave few shall bring darkness to all the realm.

Feast my brethren! They shall succumb eventually to the dark denizens of Nocturnus!

Welcome to Artanis and Scorpiox as well you skills will be most valuable, Lord Ssilyrrlith loves plenty of cannon fodder skilled warriors to lead from the front :laugh:

Scorpiox, you may build in LDD, take your time and present it as best you can too! Otherwise we have much need of vignettes as well to showcase our warriors in many ways, the key is quality over quantity guys as Taz said, let those other guilds rush out the builds if our minority wreck havoc with quality troops and fortifications.

Malakaris Tribe

They live near to the border of Mitgardia hidden in the Swamp ways. They specialized in dark magic and get all the power they need from the ancient souls. Those souls are summoned in dark rituals by sacrificing people captured near the borders of swamps and the plains of Mitgardia.

The Queen is an ancient witch called Makula. She owns the Ruby stone of live, used in the rituals to steal the souls from their victims.

The King Elous uses the blood to reinforce their army granting power and courageous to the soldiers.

One of Malakaris skill is to capture and train the Mountain Trolls. After drink a portion of human blood, those giants’ warriors start to smell a human a miles of distance and start to hunt them just to taste their blood again. The Human and Elves usually refer to them as Blood Hunters.

1321137313m_DISPLAY.jpg

King Elous and Queen Makula

1321137366m_DISPLAY.jpg1321137369m_DISPLAY.jpg

Captured Troll

1321137323m_DISPLAY.jpg

Human Sacrifice

1321137291m_DISPLAY.jpg

Malakaris Tribe

1321137302m_DISPLAY.jpg

1321137343m_DISPLAY.jpg

1321137337m_DISPLAY.jpg

Sensational work Panzer on the Malakaris tribe, your skills of torture are most welcome amongst our ranks! Love the captured troll, he will be most useful, perhaps we need to draft some of the Moruth crustaceans in to the ranks as well!?

Your Lord has need of a good cartographer as well, who shall rise to the occasion?

Here is a hastily scribbled map from riding above our land on dragon.

gallery_2955_116_62719.jpg

I also think it would be appropriate if each guild can only submit x entries in a theme so the guilds with less population aren't all building like crazy Legonians all the time. This might also encourage some defectors...

DrRod

Yep it's only five entries per guild...they must prove their worth to represent the guild. :wink:

Edited by TazManiac

My Lord,

I have a captured Avalonian artist that we could put to good use, I was going to drain his bile for my experiments otherwise.

DrRod

Please send the blood for us!

It will be helpfull.

Elous (King of Malakaris)

Please send the blood for us!

It will be helpfull.

Elous (King of Malakaris)

I normally keep the blood for my hell hounds but will keep your request in mind. I definitely need to keep the brain matter though for my zombie brew.

Dr Rod

Sensational work Panzer on the Malakaris tribe, your skills of torture are most welcome amongst our ranks! Love the captured troll, he will be most useful, perhaps we need to draft some of the Moruth crustaceans in to the ranks as well!?

Your Lord has need of a good cartographer as well, who shall rise to the occasion?

Here is a hastily scribbled map from riding above our land on dragon.

*snip map*

I've got it covered...give me a day or two! Is the style of my other map what you're looking for?