Sign in to follow this  
JoeMI6

Custom Figs

After recently giving some custom figs a go, I decided, why not make a whole lot of them? So here is a group of figs from random Games, films, and from my own imagination! I hope you like them, and as always, comments and constructive criticism welcome.

Firstly we have a new Master Chief, with a cool new helmet design.

custom_figs_001.jpg

Major props go to Mace2006 for this cool helm. (Sorry for the slight blur on some of these pics).

Now we have Leon Scott Kennedy from one of my all time favourite games, Resident Evil 4!

custom_figs_002.jpg

This depicts him at the beginning of the game and ideally I'd like some legs with a holster, but this works fine.

It's me in Lego form next! I recently managed to find the smooth black hairpiece that I needed for me, so here I am.

custom_figs_003.jpg

Unfortunately, none of the other heads I had suited me, so I went with a smiley. Which I think is fitting, as I love to smile :-D.

After some cool purchases from the pick a fig at Milton Keynes, I created this rugged looking Cowboy. I really like this fig, as he is a western guy who looks cool just on his own.

custom_figs_004.jpg

Spawned from inspiration of the brilliant Studio Ghibli animation 'Princess Mononoke' I decided I needed to create the main character (Prince Ashitaka) in Lego. Here he is in three forms.

Film Beginning

custom_figs_009.jpg

Disguise Phase

custom_figs_005.jpg

Hair Cut

custom_figs_006.jpg

As you may have noticed, I have done a bit of custom painting on the arms and legs to get the look and feel just right. Although this isn't purist (which I generally prefer) I feel this fig needed tending to like this to be as movie accurate as possible. Look out for Ashitaka in a Princess Mononoke vig very soon.

Also, I've done an alternate, Dark Version of my bounty hunter Sagoro Vosa.

dark_sagoro_001.jpg

Finally, we have a random band I've created just on the spur of the moment. They are meant to have a futuristic type feel to them, hence the neon type colours of instruments.

All Together

custom_figs_007.jpg

Drummer

custom_figs_008.jpg

Lead Singer

custom_figs_010.jpg

Guitarist

custom_figs_011.jpg

If you think they look like any modern day band, don't hesitate to tell me.

Here's the gallery when moderated

Enjoy!

~JoeMI6

I like the 'fro very much. I must try that.

Your band looks very cool. I must make something like that myself.

Finally, all your stuff looks good. Keep building.

A lot of these parts are from the fig pick and mix, but the Lando head is from the Sailbarge set.

And yes, that it an armothe long bow. I originally used the official lego bow and arrow, but this one just looked so much better.

Nice!

Where did you get the afro hear ?

Is this in some set or did you make it yourself?

B.

Ah, people have hinted at this in the thread. Here is the conformation. It is an earphone bud, like the ones that come with Ipod earphones, you just need to remove it from the earphones and stick it on your fig's head. A simple yet brilliant solution if you need an afro for your fig ;-).

Ah, people have hinted at this in the thread. Here is the conformation. It is an earphone bud, like the ones that come with Ipod earphones, you just need to remove it from the earphones and stick it on your fig's head. A simple yet brilliant solution if you need an afro for your fig ;-).

Cool. Now I just have to find where on ebay I can buy these...

Hope I don't need to buy an ipod with them.

No, you certainly don't. I should think that the earphone buds can be got just by buying a pair of cheap earphones from anywhere that stocks them.

I really like the band idea! I guess those headphone buds are available on planes for free ;) actually I'm pretty sure I've seen them in my local electronics shop without headphones or ipods :)