Brickdoctor

Star Wars Forum Blog - Announcements

-snip-

We're going to be making some major updates and changes to the blog soon, including:

• New WordPress theme and graphics
  • New Showcased MOCs!
  • And perhaps also a new blogger...

So tomorrow, June 25, the blog will just be displaying a WIP image for a little bit while I make the changes. I'll post an update here when I start that process. Hopefully it won't take more than, say, an hour.

It's about time! :grin:

AC

It's about time! :grin:

AC

Shhhh!

This is not the somewhat behind blog you're looking for. You may go about your business. Move along, move along. :look:

I'm going to do this a little earlier than planned, as I may or may not have the chunk of time available at the right time tomorrow. It's the 25th in Europe, anyways, and it will be in the eastern US in about fifteen minutes.

So, I'm going to be starting the switch. Hopefully not more than an hour or so; ideally as short as ten to fifteen minutes.

May the Force be with us!

I think that's it! Everything appears to have been set up correctly. Let us know if you spot any bugs.

We've got:

• Five new Showcased MOCs.
  • Showcased MOCs now appearing in a slider so you can shuffle through all the big banners.
  • Dedicated pages about each Rebel Blogger.
  • Infinite scrolling for the blog posts.

And there's something else still coming up soon. :wink:

welcome_isdironclawandlobot.png

I'm pleased to introduce the two EB members we've selected to join the blogging team: ISDIronClaw and Lobot. ISDIronClaw is a skilled builder who has built an incredible Imperial-class Star Destroyer with an interior in addition to modding some sets, while Lobot is well-known on EB for his topics on Bricklinking UCS sets. Welcome! :classic:

Thanks for the welcome and selection. I look forward into serving the Empire "cough" "cough", I mean the Rebels with updates regarding Star Wars news, events, MOC's and other related information. It will be indeed an honor....defection and all.

Thanks Doc for the welcome!

I'm still trying to retain my neutrality, although any quality Bespin MOCs are going to do well (or Episode V ones for that matter :wink:). However, I'll do my best to be fair to all, including the all powerful Empire. Whilst I do have sympathy for the Rebellion, I really can't abide ewoks so that might be a bit of a problem..!!

Cheers, Robin :classic:

I really love the updates and the new look of the blog.

What a beauty :wub:

But where did the counter go?

I always check the counter to see how many's been around since the last time I looked and now it's gone.

Plus it gives a nice idea on the viral impact of the blog as well :grin:

But where did the counter go?

I always check the counter to see how many's been around since the last time I looked and now it's gone.

Plus it gives a nice idea on the viral impact of the blog as well :grin:

We felt that it seemed unprofessional to be showing off something like number of views; that the quantity of readers didn't matter as much as the quality of our posts. It's a good thing to analyze and celebrate internally so we know how we're doing, but not something we wanted to display publicly as if to flaunt it. I'll PM you the stats if you want them, though.

rebel_blog_master.png

With the imminent addition of new bloggers, one step that we agreed we needed to take was to find a Rebel Blog Master to help keep the blog running smoothly. Lobot's been doing a great job blogging lately, and he's agreed to help us with that. Congratulations, Lobot, Rebel Blog Master! :classic:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks Doc, it's a great honour to be asked. I'll do my best to be impartial... even on the Ewok front :wink:

And, thanks Bob :classic:

I'm pleased to announce that BEAVeR has agreed to join our blogging team. Regular visitors to the Star Wars forum will be aware of BEAVeR's masterful LDD rendering skills, amazingly comprehensive posts and love of Wampas! I'm sure he'll make a great addition to the team, welcome BEAVeR! :classic:

Congrats BEAVeR! Well deserved. I think the blog posts will contain LOADS of text from now on :wink:

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! In fact, I'm a little surprised that there's such a fuss about me pittying Ewoks, while me defecting to Rebel blogger seems to be encouraged :wacko: .

Anyway, I'll do my best to deliver intersting and correct news, and offer some undiscovered creations. And I'll try to keep things short (just for the sake of uniformity :grin: ). But don't you think the length of my posts will decrease!

I'm delighted to announce that the Eurobricks Star Wars blog has just reached 1 million views!

Thanks to all of my fellow bloggers for their help, and to everyone who's visited us.

Cheers, Robin :classic:

I have created a special comic for this occasion:

18243853735_29bcde7eef_z.jpg

18056016758_92c8cf72c2_z.jpg

17621227724_caee6c3b3e_z.jpg

18245142561_5e3ab5ef7f_z.jpg

18057635029_c6554412bf_z.jpg

Again, big thanks to all our readers who made this possible! :sweet: