Lego minecraft brick and tile.

As much as I like most of your ideas, I don't get the point in the minecraft brick. :sceptic:

It looks bigger than the "normal" 2x2 brick, the axle holder seems a bit out of place, too.

What is it good for?

What is it good for?

I'm not sure, but if it does ever get produced, don't tell my brother! :laugh: He's a huge Minecraft fan and I bet he'd spend hundreds of dollars to make a huge Minecraft world MOC with those bricks. :tongue:

As much as I like most of your ideas, I don't get the point in the minecraft brick. :sceptic:

It looks bigger than the "normal" 2x2 brick, the axle holder seems a bit out of place, too.

What is it good for?

It is good for Minecraft fan. :tongue:

The brick is 2x2x1⅔ and 2x2x1⅓ to make a cube minecraft block in minifig scale.

(brick+2 plates and brick+plate+tile)

The position of axle holder is same as technic brick 1x2 with crosshole sandwich by two plates. But it should up-down-up-down to prevent the collision of 2M cross axles at 90°.

I'm not sure, but if it does ever get produced, don't tell my brother! :laugh: He's a huge Minecraft fan and I bet he'd spend hundreds of dollars to make a huge Minecraft world MOC with those bricks. :tongue:

So do my little brother! :laugh:

I will try to make more blocks with different Minecraft decors and some Minecraft characters minifig.

Edited by bbqqq

That looks very good.

I don't understand why Lego doesn't make small movable legs? Any ideas?

Probably because the short legs are very limited in movement when attached to a basis. And because are cheaper, obviously! :tongue:

About the "minecraft guys", I like the first version, but with the arms of the third one.

That looks very good. I don't understand why Lego doesn't make small movable legs? Any ideas?
Probably because the short legs are very limited in movement when attached to a basis. And because are cheaper, obviously! :tongue: About the "minecraft guys", I like the first version, but with the arms of the third one.

Thanks, I found that the legs are still too long so a modify it a bit.

8336908071_287ba9d3ab_c.jpg

New Short Minifigure Parts by Takanuinuva 2 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

There could be another reason for the "unmovable" legs made by TLG (and I think it is the main reason):

These legs seems to be longer because designed to appear partially hidden under the torso.

Movable legs instead appears too short, and the minifig became disproportionate.

There could be another reason for the "unmovable" legs made by TLG (and I think it is the main reason):

These legs seems to be longer because designed to appear partially hidden under the torso.

Movable legs instead appears too short, and the minifig became disproportionate.

You are right, Calabar. The 2nd version will let minifig's height close to minifig with TLG "unmovable" short legs.

And close to Takanuinuva's original design here http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/29452

But legs appears too short. Maybe it is because of this minfig model is base on Ldraw's minifig and seem like the orange belt is too thick.

Another solution is to make Takanuinuva's short torso and short arms, too. But it will require five new moulds in total.

Edited by bbqqq

May be this has some structural limitations. If you look at a real minifig leg and how it is attached, there is high probability that stud would not fit into that short version. Or it would not be sturdy enough. I am also not sure about movement, such short legs would be quite stiff to move.

But it would be nice to have such cute little moveable legs.

Edited by hrontos

May be this has some structural limitations. If you look at a real minifig leg and how it is attached, there is high probability that stud would not fit into that short version. Or it would not be sturdy enough. I am also not sure about movement, such short legs would be quite stiff to move.

But it would be nice to have such cute little moveable legs.

I agree with you, how about this leg idea.

http://www.shapeways...oductBox-search

Not sure about this gear. If stack many of them zigzag way can make small gearbox with high gear ratio.

8346346706_1d866c558e_z.jpg

Lego new gear 24 + 8 teeth with hollow shaft. by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

The 24 teeth outer/ 8 teeth inner double gear with hollow shaft can make a smaller gearbox with high gear ratio.

The gear ratio = 3 ^ (number of new gear + 1)

For example use 4 new gears as pic below (hollow shaft simulate). gear ratio => 3^5 => 243 : 1

http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/33160

8347101941_8292771619_z.jpg

Lego new double gear 24 + 8 teeth with hollow shaft.(simulation) by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Yay, I just now saw those Minecraft minifigs and blocks! And they are brilliant! =D

Thanks, I'm glad you like those Minecraft minifigs and blocks. They are my favorate.

I put them on cuusoo and update many times, but don't know why, this project always be reject by cuusoo staff (show: Needs Work).

So I put it on MOCpages here http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/343409.

Edited by bbqqq

Pegasus-Saddle with wings holders.

Thanks to EB member"The Real Indiana Jones" for this good new brick idea.

Cuusoo project in review stage.

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/51303

please support(vote) if you like it, thank you.

10190337826_101f8bfef2_c.jpg

Lego Pegasus-Saddle idea byThe Real Indiana Jones by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Pegasus-Saddle with wings holders.

Cuusoo project http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/51303

This idea base on "The Real Indiana Jones"(therealindy) 's suggestion. Please also support(vote) his I.M.C.T.B. : THE INFINITELY MODULAR CLASSICAL TEMPLE BUILDING project below.

http://lego.cuusoo.com/profile/therealindy#projects

10236130946_9709a4feb4_b.jpg

Lego Pegasus-Saddle 4 idea byThe Real Indiana Jones by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Did you ever had a sample of that 3D-printed? I would be interested to do so for a trial

Thanks, I will very happy to see it in 3D-printed. What 3D file format do you use for 3D-print? I can send it to you.

Today I test it by modify(cut) the cross axle 3M with knob, it work fine and can be pull out by nails easily.

10458793264_3a31ff3a39_c.jpg

LEGO 2-sided stud prototype cuusoo nr 2750 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Hi

I'd like a guide bracket/connector that enables the new 8 tooth gear to be used with double or single bevel gears

There would be one either side and one would be flipped horizontally to allow the bevel gear to fit in right:

if its being used with a double bevel gear you simply move each bracket outwards by 0.5L as it equals 1L which is how thick double bevel gears are

The 8 tooth gear has some of the axle sticking out to allow it to drop down for the smaller side bevel gear however it needs to have a spacer too but is flush with the tops of the brackets.

The brackets have end holes too so you can add more support beside the axle on the 8 tooth gear.

the total dimensions of the brackets excluding the bevel gear is 3x3L which is quite compact, each bracket is 1x1x3 so its like a 3L liftarm.

2urxys3.jpg

You can probably using the large side bevel gear too if you add some spacing between the brackets and your model but I wouldn't recommend putting high load onto it incase you break the 8 tooth gear, I'm doubtful that the old 14 tooth gear would work especially since its a stupid thickness.

The sides of the brackets have 1 or 2 pinholes (undecided) This idea would make it possible to have a simple way to use the new 8 tooth gear in situations where you need a new gear ratio or where there is little space

Edited by SNIPE