I am sorry, if I miss the obvious, but will it be still possible to create that continuous arch? When the part is rotated 180degrees to make it continuous arch, it will not connect. Or I miss something?

This is really nice detail part for the roofs. And does not seems to be difficult to produce.

I enjoy watching, how you come with the ideas - may be just for fun, but may be some of the will really be inspiration for TLG and will be produced.

Thank you 'hrontos', I am really glad you enjoy them.

You missed "But two moulds for straight continuous".(or three?) I will make a pic for this soon.(type B/C mirrored/same end)

I think the new roof is very useful/ more realistic/ better look, too. It can be apply to upgrade all house models (For existing sets, necessary new parts can be sold as a roof upgrade kit with building instruction). No need to chang all slopes to new parts, just the roof edge. The current slope is good help for reinforce the roof structure inside.

Most ideas came when current Lego can not build the shape I desired very well. The new roof is combination of slope + invert slope. Please help me promote this part if you have a chance, thank you. :classic:

Edited by bbqqq

Thank you 'hrontos', I am really glad you like them.

You missed "But two moulds for straight continuous".(or three?) I will make a pic for this soon.(type B/C mirrored/same end)

Yes, I am sorry, I did not read carefully, as I was focused more on the pictures and it took me a while, until I noticed it.

It can be apply to upgrade all current house models (existing sets). No need to chang all slope to new parts, just roof edge. The current slope is good help for reinforce the roof structure inside.

Yes, it would fit those houses perfectly and as a part, it does not be more expensive to produce. I am not sure how to ensure that reinforcement - the removable roof would be extremly fragile - at least for kids. Mine have somtimes problem even with the current opening roof (they are bit younger, than the target age for the creator houses, so it is ok).

Edited by hrontos

Yes, it would fit those houses perfectly and as a part, it does not be more expensive to produce. I am not sure how to ensure that reinforcement - the removable roof would be extremly fragile - at least for kids. Mine have somtimes problem even with the current opening roof (they are bit younger, than the target age for the creator houses, so it is ok).

To reinforce the removable new roof: Use long brick ,technic brick or plate to connect the current slopes inside. Same method as lego design and real roof. Just the lower edge may a bit fragile because connect on top studs only.(Can be reinforced by plate or plate with rail/slide form bottom.) (For existing sets, necessary new parts can be sold as a roof upgrade kit with building instruction.) :classic:

Edited by bbqqq

With the new roof, it is also easy to make a roof with half stud offset from wall.(or 1.5/ 2.5 studs, etc.)

Can make better Lego house models for house selling business.

Edited by bbqqq

With new roof, it is also easy to make a roof with half stud offset.

Most trans-part removed to reduce render time within 20 minutes on intel p7350 note book, 1600x1200.

flickr Large 1024 (800 x 1004)

The New Roof Tile Lego by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Nice real looking example. Is it post processed or you exported the new part to POV-Ray and placed on existing LDD model and rendered?

Nice real looking example. Is it post processed or you exported the new part to POV-Ray and placed on existing LDD model and rendered?

Thanks, those new roof parts are post processed.

The continuous arch need two moulds for two mirror types.

7808565742_2a96dfe2d1_c.jpg

Continuous Arch by Nachapon copy by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Ceramic Roof Tile

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/24043

The complete set include corners inside/outside and top pieces.

The engrave pattern can be other roof style, ie Chinese or Japanese(Ninja Go).

For more realistic roof, this idea can be combine with:

and The New Roof System (Upgrade kit): http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/23674

&

smooth roof tile system: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/23230

Pic: 2nd post below

Edited by bbqqq

I think that roof system will combine very well with the new 1x2 bricks with brick pattern :classic:

I think that roof system will combine very well with the new 1x2 bricks with brick pattern

Absolutely seconded!

Very well made and interesting for every Townee!

Where can I get these? :wink:

Also interesting you didn't combine them with the "upgraded" roof parts.:tongue:

I think that roof system will combine very well with the new 1x2 bricks with brick pattern :classic:

Thanks you, I will try to combine them like the log cabin below.

Absolutely seconded!

Very well made and interesting for every Townee!

Where can I get these? :wink:

Also interesting you didn't combine them with the "upgraded" roof parts.:tongue:

Thank you, I will try to combine all of roof ideas: smooth(no half plate steps) / 2 sided / pattern.

7845124480_6471a02f15_c.jpg

LEGO log cabin bricks v4 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

However neat some of these parts would be, I think they'd take out some of the creativity involved in building with LEGOs. I think you should put all of your tesselation pieces into one Cuusoo project, under the idea of a mosaic kit. I think that's something LEGO's more likely to make.

Really awesome parts designs. I especially love roof parts designs.

But like JaseTJ said it might be a good idea to combine different roof parts into one project, like sets from "Bricks and more". So we can support single project which can be updated from time to time.

However neat some of these parts would be, I think they'd take out some of the creativity involved in building with LEGOs.

*snip*

I can agree with "taking out some creativity", but only in case if there are lots of specialized parts for every case, but something like Ceramic Roof Tile or The New Roof System is not so specialized and will fit good with new columns and wall bricks. I believe it will add more diversity into houses designs, making more fun to build a LEGO street.

Edited by NickAb

However neat some of these parts would be, I think they'd take out some of the creativity involved in building with LEGOs. I think you should put all of your tesselation pieces into one Cuusoo project, under the idea of a mosaic kit. I think that's something LEGO's more likely to make.

Really awesome parts designs. I especially love roof parts designs.

But like JaseTJ said it might be a good idea to combine different roof parts into one project, like sets from "Bricks and more". So we can support single project which can be updated from time to time.

I can agree with "taking out some creativity", but only in case if there are lots of specialized parts for every case, but something like Ceramic Roof Tile or The New Roof System is not so specialized and will fit good with new columns and wall bricks. I believe it will add more diversity into houses designs, making more fun to build a LEGO street.

Thank you for nice suggestions. If you like some of my new pieces. I am happy if you only support the 2-sided one:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/2750

Because new pieces projects are difficult to earn vote on cuusoo.

Some engrave tiles no need to be able to tessellate so I didn't combine those project (and cuusoo limit 5 pics/project only).

Edited by bbqqq

Update new cone parts above. Can connect round plate/brick/shaft/tile or new round tile at the top.

This idea can be apply to all angles of cone parts.

The round red one comes with engrave for nail and hollow stud for easy remove.

Edited by bbqqq

More new rails for roller coaster or mine cart.

Twist rails for fast turn comming soon. :classic:

Pic: 2nd post below.

Edited by bbqqq

More new rails for roller coaster or mine cart.

Twist rails for fast turn comming soon. :classic:

*snip*

Twisted turn rails might be very interesting, I think there will be more and more attempts to build super fast trains after this http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=73650 was shown.

But LEGO unlikely to made turns for 30v trains, only if these twisted turns are necessary for speeds which can be achieved with LEGO motors but without increasing voltage.

Twisted turn rails might be very interesting, I think there will be more and more attempts to build super fast trains after this http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=73650 was shown.

But LEGO unlikely to made turns for 30v trains, only if these twisted turns are necessary for speeds which can be achieved with LEGO motors but without increasing voltage.

Thanks, the crash videos are funny. :laugh:

New Rails for high speed turn (train, mine cart or roller coaster).

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/24903#

Standard R 40 studs/25 degree tilt turn rails.

7938488642_b74904220f.jpg

new rails copy by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq