Yes. Anyone can make the classic 2×4 brick and other bricks of a similar vintage*, and any newly-invented part using compatible dimensions and techniques.

Mind you, it’s quite another matter to be able to make such bricks to the quality that Lego (used to) make them. By all accounts BrickForge do a much better job than the cheap Chinese rip-offs.

*Technically, recent Lego designs are also protected, but not by patent. I’ve no problem with the ‘generic’ bricks existing, but cloning of recent Lego brick designs is just IP theft. It’s easier and cheaper to register a design than get a patent, but it’s a much weaker legal instrument too.

BTW I wonder whether you should change the “Lego” on those studs to “bbqqq” – after all, they are your designs. And if those images are linked elsewhere they might appear to be Lego sourced – Lego don’t like people using their logo without permission.

Thanks for nice comment and suggestion. I changed the logo on the stud. Will re-render them later.

Really cool ideas with the marble runs. When TLG can spend money on developing all these one-off molds for Collectible Minifigurs, why couldn't they produce these marble run bricks in a small series :classic:

Thanks, I agree with you. These part can build many new toys and reuseable. Besides, all moulds are easy to develop. No require split moulding like headlight or technic bricks.

Edited by bbqqq

Fantastic work, once again, bbqqq!

I love the EB-related logo! :wub:

That's the spirit!

The SNOT bricks are interesting, but I always wanted a simpler one - just a 1x1 tile with the equivalent of a hollow stud underneath.

However, the brick I've waited for so long for is a tile-height version of the 1x1 brick with side stud. But where do you stop? How about a 1x1 tile with offset stud (centred on a corner).

Being fond of City-scale vehicles, there's loads of things I'd like to do there too - better wheel arches, doors, lights and grills. When I start thinking about these kind of things I start considering a change of career! :oh:

BTW, all those renderings are superb. What's the toolchain? (Sorry if you mentioned already)

Edited by nemo

All that parts are amazing. Not only the parts itself, but also the renders and models *oh2*

Very well done and keep up the good work :thumbup:

All that parts are amazing. Not only the parts itself, but also the renders and models *oh2*

Very well done and keep up the good work :thumbup:

Thanks, I measured studs dia= 4.88 mm, 2x1 brick WxLxH = 7.8 x 15.8 x 9.6 mm. (most same as data on internet)

Water slide for minifig, marble run, gumball machine, mini golf... ( 3 studs width ) Track have over lap step for prevent stuck. The complete set also include strait, curve, slope (down hill)... Track dia, turn radius. and slope angle can design to any. (Forgot to draw an axle slot on center of round brick)

6346271684_b091aa1359_z.jpg

new part 08e by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

bbqqq, what software do you use to design and render these parts?

You can try modo here

Great ideas bbqqq!

How do I support you on Cuusoo? Could you post a link please.

Thanks, I have 10 projects in cuusoo for now:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/profile/nachapon#projects

Starwars, HarryPotter: clear & glow in the dark: (or Fluorescent)

Ghost Obiwan,Yoda,Anakin Minifig (Key chain mat'l:polycarbonate plastic or crystal)

Will apply clear & glow in the dark decal texture soon.

6356092877_aa6f2f3511_z.jpg

nachapon fig 04 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

6352525185_5946e94eb3_z.jpg

nachapon fig 02 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

6356276611_77febe7201_z.jpg

nachapon fig 03 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by Calabar
Fixed link

I really really like these bricks bbqqq. I'd love to talk to you more about your Ideas. What program do you use to model them? *EDIT Sorry, just noticed your link to Modo up there.

Edited by Vicanic

Wow, wonderful models.

Here's something I was wondering if you could. Say like you are making an angle building with the normal bricks and instead of a flat side, you have edges. Would it be possible to take a single one dot brick, make one side flat and use that to fill in the edges and make a flat angle side on the building?

Hi,

Im liking these designs a lot and in the future there will be many many more bricks to come so im not really wprried about having a model that cant work because it needs a certail specical brick, because they will probably be one eventually.

I supported your project in lego cuusoo.

Edited by SNIPE

I really really like these bricks bbqqq. I'd love to talk to you more about your Ideas. What program do you use to model them? *EDIT Sorry, just noticed your link to Modo up there.

Thanks, I am glad you like them.

Wow, wonderful models.

Here's something I was wondering if you could. Say like you are making an angle building with the normal bricks and instead of a flat side, you have edges. Would it be possible to take a single one dot brick, make one side flat and use that to fill in the edges and make a flat angle side on the building?

Please post a sketch or pic, I will try to model it.

Hi,

Im liking these designs a lot and in the future there will be many many more bricks to come so im not really wprried about having a model that cant work because it needs a certail specical brick, because they will probably be one eventually.

I supported your project in cuusoo, Im currently trying to be able to have a script based lego desighner where you either make the parts yourself using the paamaters in the code which count for everything you see, or load the .DAT files or whatever format they are in,

Then you load these files into the main pane and add the other snippets of code that determines how the bricks are positioned, etc

Thanks for support me. I got lego dimensions form internet and measured by a 0.01mm micrometer.

I model parts from zero. The bricks are positioned by normal move tool because they are just a few parts.

Edited by bbqqq

This is what I had in mind.

[--Image--]

This would be the full bricks, not the flat versions.

I assume the top has 10 full studs

on the underside id guess it would have 10 clutch cells then another 3 cells that linkup two rows.

another thing is that most clutches have the offset clutch cell which is inbetween a 2x2 layout of cells.

id picture this to typically have 3 of these, 2 at the top and one at the bottom.

Edited by SNIPE

This is what I had in mind.

This would be the full bricks, not the flat versions.

How about this one? Can be any in length. Red is existing part. I draw the gaps too big. :blush:

Do we also need 45° new doors and windows, too? Or an adapter part for use with existing doors and windows.

Feel free to post your new part idea (2d/3d sketch/pic) if you want me try to model it. :sweet:

6559008861_6c94b312ef_z.jpg

Q: Can you find error in pic below? :look:

6558869793_d277c8d460_z.jpg

A: Four studs on top are off-center. :tongue:

New 6x6x2 water slide.

6736245533_32972645ee_z.jpg

ws03 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

How about this one?

6559008861_6c94b312ef_z.jpg

Why produce an asymmetric brick (which begs for a mirror image version too). Instead just have the triangular part with a single stud which can fit between the existing parts (which are available in a number of lengths).

I still think you shouldn’t be putting the “Lego” logo on these renderings. :tongue: