Brick Miner

What's in a name ???

Hey guys, this isn't the place to discuss the admin (or Fellow) name craziness. The thread that Darth Legois links to above is the place for any discussion of names if they ever happen to be crazy again, so let's just discuss the reasons behind member's chosen names here. Thanks!

My name is based mainly on my love for LEGO. The 'nater' part is an omage to the Terminater, even though I have never seen the movies.

I am known as "Lord Falkner" everywhere. The truth is, it all started with Lego. I had a collection of the Black Falcon knights (Well, I still have them! :) ) and I named the leader "Lord Falkner". This became my favorite figure, and well, then I started using the black falcon emblem everywhere. I even made a large black cape, and hand stitched the emblem on the back, and a full sized wooden shield....

....my avatar has a similar figure to my original one. My lord Falkner figure had the classic BF torso, blue legs with black hips, and the same face as the avatar, (red hair hanging in eyes). also, he usually didnt wear a helmet, and had the dark-red long hair wig. (same as the black one shown, only dark red) the hairpiece came from a special SAH catalog accessory kit. Face was from a soccer set, and the body/torso were original BF. I added a black cape I got from a viking set later.

anyways, thanks to Dr Kilroy for my avy pic, as I dont have a camera yet.

EDIT/UPDATE

I have changed my forum name to better fit my upcoming projects.

You'll see soon enough....

Edited by Dan the Brickman

Well, my name is just a shortening of my middle name, MacKenzie. I've been called different variations of it during my life, and I figured this one sounded decent. Actually, my brother and cousins really do call me the Commodore in real life, but I figured that there were more than enough Captains, Admirals, and Commodores running around in the Pirate forum. :pir-laugh:

Mac-K

I might as well answer this question even though it is kind of lame. At first I wanted to be "ninjaturtle" but I thought it might be taken, so I thought "samuraiturtle" is just as good and I stuck with that ever since.

Sebby is a nick name I have have since I was 12. Its a shortened version of my surname Sebbage which a lot of people have a problem pronouncing. Most people I know call me sebby now.

my name is stolen from an INCREDIBLE band (anyone who likes rock music of any kind should check out their last two albums, they're amazingly eclectic and anyone who has studied music theory will love it. there's something for everyone though... anyway!!...) but it's also fitting for me, or so i'm often told, because of my dislike of America's dependence on pharmaceuticals to cure anything and everything.

my Bricklink store name is "bRiXBandit", which i actually thought was about 2% clever but works out really well haha.

It's my name, and family names first letter. This forum is mature, so I don't really feel like I need to hide and be anonomys like I do on other forums.

Back in 2005 when I joined my first forum (Action-Figure.com, now defunct) I wanted to go for Gambit because he's my favourite Marvel character, but that name was already taken. So I added Mr. in front of it and made it Mr.GamBit because it seemed really cool to me at the time. My nicknames was lil Gambit because I was 15-17 back then but now that I'm older it's Mr.GamBit. I use it on every forum I visit and it's easy for people to reckognize me.

[EDIT: Just noticed it's Mr.Ganbit d'oh. Can this be changed to Mr.GamBit?]

Edited by Mr.GanBit

It's my name, and family names first letter. This forum is mature, so I don't really feel like I need to hide and be anonomys like I do on other forums.

I really like this aspect of Eurobricks, although I've used this forum name for about 7 years so it just stuck.

This name has just stuck with me since the heady days of being a member of AOhells Bikechat forum. I owned a Suzuki Bandit and rode it like a Loon. Well the Loon bit is easy, I still enjoy Looney Tunes cartoons :grin:

Well, my name is a funny Quebec French expression that we say in my country. The nearest translation of it in english seems to be: Got it! or Got you!

You say that when you hit someone or when you got your revenge with your friend in a game.

Kin toé!

Well my last name is palmer so palms is kind of an old family nickname, At my church I used to be called little palms but since there are no "bigger" palms here it makes sense to shorten it to palms :tongue: .

I chose LegoGalactus since i will one day consume all Lego. No one can convince me otherwise. Planets are not as appealing as Lego.

I think you get the point.

ie10421 - Mine comes from a professional certification I carry, Certified Cisco Internetworking Expert (CCIE). When you pass, you get a # assigned, mine is 10421. "IE" is the shortened term used by most of us who have the cert. SO... ie10421 it is!

I made a mistake when typing my name. :hmpf_bad: It was supposed to be Vxxion. The background behind mine is actually quite clever. As a fan of Organization XIII and my favorite character is Xion :wub: . Vxxion is an anagram. See.

Vxxion turns to

No XIV with the X left over. (Like it should be) Oh well. I'll have to stick with the E in it instead. :sadnew: