Brick Miner

What's in a name ???

I like pie... :tongue:

In games, my name is ILikePi (Because the cake is a lie). :classic: If you played Portal, you should know what that means. :tongue:

My name is the first two letters of my forename and the first two of my surname followed by my age when I joined.

I use the name as a username for everything, changing to ADHO16 for most things from July last year, like my PSN name.

Not very exciting but simple and easy to remember! :grin:

So you hate me!? :oh3::tongue:

When I first created an account, it was without a 1, but somehow (I don't really remember) it got screwed up and when I tried to sign it it didn't work.

But I never had any posts on that account.

So I created another account and since Erdbeereis was already taken, I settled on the first number.

So do you forgive me for having a "number name"? :grin:

NO!

ITS UNFORGIVABLE!!!!

But I have an incredible big heart so,yes.

Althogh I recall posting it here allready, I cant find it anymore, so here.

My initials are JFL, and i figured I needed a name that I wouldnt "grow out of."

Reading JFL, jifel came out the most naturally, and it flowed enough that i use it everywhere. I have had that name for at least 3-4 years, I cant remember.

Still, it is simple and easy to remember, so I use it everywhere.

jifel

Alexis Zorbas -or Zorba the Greek if you like.

A great character and protagonist in one of my favorite books, "Zorba the Greek" by Nikos Kazantzakis. I wanted my name to display where i come from so, this was the pick.

The book also became a great movie and i tried to make my avatar and sig-fig look like Anthony Quinn, who had the leading role of Zorbas.

200x130_zorba.jpg

I believe it started back in Grade School. We started a club and picked nicknames. Mine was Starstreak. Club was Starstreak International. We were gonna sell stuff but never took off. Must be well over 20 years ago.

My first name is Rijk. Translate it to English and you get rich. That's why.

Well, my name comes from 3.14 (Pi, a mathematical constant, for those who don't know) and Toast (a kind of bread I like).

Well, my name comes from 3.14 (Pi, a mathematical constant, for those who don't know) and Toast (a kind of bread I like).

We attract an unusual number of fans of both pi and baked goods. :wink:

My favorite movie is Star Wars. Im a huge PT fan. I love clones. There awsome. And I would love a clone army of me. That would be pretty tight, dont you think?

My name came from me being totally AWESOME, and the star came from my English teacher telling me I was a star!

So, basically, I have a big-head!

Just my tuppeny piece.

-A.S.

L-space stands for Library space.

It is the term used in the Discworld books to represent the connection between all the libraries in the known and unknown universe.

And since I am a big fan of the books and I allready have a Dutch website about the Discworld under that name it was an easy pick.

Well, gentlemen, my name 'The Penguin' comes from my real-world nickname 'The Penguin'. ) :laugh:

I earned it for two main reasons:

1) My appearance and manner of speaking. (I always dress in an official manner, occasionally wear a monocle, use a cigarette-holder. In winter wear a kind of a short top hat. ) :sweet: My manner is speaking is also quite specific (you could have noticed that, I guess! :wink: ) and some say that I give an impression of being too proud of myself and arrogant.... Well, I can't tell. ) I also tend to drawl the words....

2) My love for penguins. ) :wub:

Plus to that I'm a great Batman fan, and I was suprised how well I resemble the Penguin there. (Still I'm quite tall, not quite fat and do not say "waugh-waugh"! :laugh: ) Though I got a nickname much earlier. )

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Well, gentlemen, my name 'The Penguin' comes from my real-world nickname 'The Penguin'. ) :laugh:

I earned it for two main reasons:

1) My appearance and manner of speaking. (I always dress in an official manner, occasionally wear a monocle, use a cigarette-holder. In winter wear a kind of a short top hat. ) :sweet: My manner is speaking is also quite specific (you could have noticed that, I guess! :wink: ) and some say that I give an impression of being too proud of myself and arrogant....

OMG! You sound just like my husband. He often wears his Morning Suit, Graduation Gown or some such fanciness to the most inappropriate places. :laugh: He also only uses shirt with french cuffs so he can wear one of his many cufflinks. And his manner of speaking is QUITE QUITE specific, when he gets very mad he tends to sound British.

Bollocks, guv! :tongue:

We attract an unusual number of fans of both pi and baked goods. :wink:

Bad pun, as π is pronounced /pi/, as in "pee". :tongue: When it comes to mathematical constants, e and g are much more badass anyways.

I, being british, do not understand why every single member of the british public is apparently very well spoken. This is just not true.

Toodle pip :wink:

I, being british, do not understand why every single member of the british public is apparently very well spoken. This is just not true.

Toodle pip :wink:

I certainly don't think there are.. no more than every Australian would say G'day Mate. :sick:

M_Longer

I'm two meters tall, so I'm 'longer' than most of people. And for some reason word 'longer' is used in polish conversation as noun, not as a masc.

And 'M' (M from my name, Marek) has appeared in front of my nickname when I discovered that there are too much 'longer's' in the internet, so that 'M' is making my nickname more... unique ;)

I certainly don't think there are.. no more than every Australian would say G'day Mate. :sick:

Even the people on neighbours have stopped saying G'day. Then again that is probably because they all die off every few months.

Even the people on neighbours have stopped saying G'day. Then again that is probably because they all die off every few months.

Haha! I can't believe you watch that utter bollocks. :tongue: IMHO, it has gone so far beyond... beyond... just beyond. :sick: I would have maybe watched it on the odd occasion a few years ago, but not now. I want to scream with every new hussy they introduce and it seems that every second someone it getting pregnant or dying. Bah! It's all the same.

Haha! I can't believe you watch that utter bollocks. :tongue: IMHO, it has gone so far beyond... beyond... just beyond. :sick: I would have maybe watched it on the odd occasion a few years ago, but not now. I want to scream with every new hussy they introduce and it seems that every second someone it getting pregnant or dying. Bah! It's all the same.

In Britain we see what is going on 6 months after it is aired in Australia. So curently Zeke is still lost. What happened to him, he used to be so cool :tongue:

They think he's dead so get rid of all his things, then they find him but he doesn't remember them... some psycho guy had told him he is his son and he lives with him for long enough to not want to go back to his (strangers) family. Finally, he accepts the truth but still doesn't remember anyone. He hates all his old friends and is still mean to everyone... last I saw he was having a punch up with Ringo. Then I stopped watching. :sceptic:

They think he's dead so get rid of all his things, then they find him but he doesn't remember them... some psycho guy had told him he is his son and he lives with him for long enough to not want to go back to his (strangers) family. Finally, he accepts the truth but still doesn't remember anyone. He hates all his old friends and is still mean to everyone... last I saw he was having a punch up with Ringo. Then I stopped watching. :sceptic:

What an anti-climax :sceptic:

It is only a soap so thats allright :tongue: