Brick Miner

What's in a name ???

I can't believe I've only just noticed this thread! Nevertheless, I should share the origin of my username as it's quite an unusual one:

I have a long-running project focusing on the realm of creatures based on cars and their heads resemble the front ends of various cars. My favourite car is the Bugatti Veyron, and creatures in my project based on that particular car are known as "Veyronians" (they're to the left of linked image to illustrate). I think I'm the only person who has created "Veyronians" so to say, hence why I call myself TheOneVeyronian on many sites. It's also a name which I found that has never ever been taken as I think I am the only one crazy enough to invent something called a Veyronian :tongue: My avatar normally features a Veyronian (what it is right now is a Veyronian if it were a Grumpy Sparrow by the way...).

Long story, but back in 2000 when I bought my first car, a White Cutlass Supreme (I had to wait a week for it to be safetied and was out of town). While out of town, I decided to Christen the Breakdown, after a White Lambo from the original Transformers series: Breakdown.

But then a funny thing called destiny got in the way. The car came with AJAM plates, and that name stuck. With me running around the internetz using a series of half-baked bad nicknames, I got into the car forums, and Breakdown the person . . . not the car: was born.

P3_Super_Bee.

Was in the Navy for 20 years on the Lockheed P-3 Orion. There are 3 basic models. P-3A,(Alpha) P-3B (Bravo) & P-3C (Charlie). Starting with Bravo's there would be Avionic system upgrade packages. To keep them straight the had names.

For the Bravo's there were:

TacNavMod (Tactical/Navigation Modification)

Super Bee

Killer Bee

For the Charlies they went with lame:

NUD (non update or baseline)

UI

UII

UII.5

UIII-P (production aircraft rolled off the assembly line like the previous

UIII-R (a NUD aircraft through UII.5 that was retrofitted with UIII avionics)

There are only about a 1000 more but those are the basics for USN aircraft LOL

And now you know the rest of the story....

PS my avitar is a WP-3D Hurricane Hunter flown by NOAA (National Oceanic & Atmospheric Agency (USA)) flying inside the eye of a hurricane.

Edited by P3_Super_Bee

Ive been a member a long time now and I never knew about this thread. I only stumbled across it while re-reading over site guidelines and such. I'm bored and can't sleep and I imagine many have wondered about  my chosen handle over the years so here it is by way of an explanation. 

Quite simply, it's made up. I've been using this handle for more than half my life now; it may as well be a given name. I ascribed it first to a fantastic character of mine when I was young, a sort of bad guy hunting, sword wielding, interstellar Mary-sue. Typical teenage-boy day dream stuff. I used it for my first and still primary, email address back when I was no older than 14 and stuck with it ever since. When I was first signing up here I didn't think I'd be stuck with it and just fell back on old habits. I figured at some point I'd come up with something more clever or, since I was primarily participating on Pirates, add a "captain" for a completed ship, or even "commodore or admiral" for a fleet. 500 posts is still a long way off for me, particularly since I tend to keep my mouth shut until I feel I have something truly worthwhile to offer, this little digression not withstanding. So I guess I'll just keep being that guy "kurigan" for a while longer.

I've been here a while, but I just found this, after seeing the one on Brickset.

My username is a weird pun on "8-bit Mario" and "LEGO Brick", which I came up with when I was younger. Suffice it to say, I'm less Nintendo-crazy now, but I've been using the name online before I even came to EB, so I just went with it.

My username is simply the concatenation of my last name and first name, in this order. (Hungarians use this order instead of the "american" order - we have family name first, then the individual's given name next.)

:)

I was at my cousin Travis's house, back in 2003-4ish I believe. He introduced me to the online game called Millsbury (you know, that cereal company version of MNOG? :laugh: ). I had to create a user name. My cousin was one of the few people I knew at the time who had an Xbox (the old ugly black box one!) So my username; xboxtravis. I used the same username again in 2006 when I signed up for BZpower. I eventually added the 7992 to the end to distinguish me from the odd chance one other person uses the name (never found one though...). Rest was history.

If you get on my Mocpages account though, or my RRPictureArchives contributor page you'll see my real name loud and clear.

Spirogero was a fictitious wealthy (something like Tony Stark) computer hacker, created for a novel, based on my character. Well... I am a computer hacker (I hack and improve; not crack), but I'm not wealthy (damn!... I missed that point). In the novel, Spirogero was a problem solver, as I am in real life.

Fictitious or real, Spirogero is just... me.

DrMerlock

My User name Is not derived from nexo knights, I've used this user name for about 3 years now.

DrMerlock is a combination of the titles of three of my favorite tv shows: Dr. who, Sherlock, and Merlin.

Mine is a bit of a combination, I like to build MOC's (sometimes more than sets) and I know stuff about Lego.

Edited by mocbuild101

Mine is a bit of a weird combination. I chose it carefully as I didn't want to mention LEGO explicitly in it; I personally feel that it is a bit too cliché on a forum dedicated to it, but that's my opinion.
Charles Collett was the locomotive superintendent at the GWR from 1922 to 1941, and his name is subsequently attributed to several classes of loco, including one of my favourites, the 'Collett Goods' 0-6-0 tender mixed traffic locomotive. I was probably looking at my OO scale model of one of the class when choosing my username.
The other half, 'Arrow', is the name of a local river. I have no other connections to it, it's just pretty. I seem to be using this for a lot of my internet presence, so I carried that on here.

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 3:57 AM, samurai-turtle said:

Maybe you should check this out.

Oh, I did look for a simmilar topic but didn't find that one :blush:.

Maybe it could merged with this topic - I think it would be better than 2 topics.

Edited by mocbuild101
Topic Merged

From the tabletop game Warhammer 40,000. He's the best assassin in the Imperium. 

My nickname is because I like steam trains. That's the Steam part of my name. The demon part is because if you attempt to drill a hole into the earth's core and pour water down it, you would get steam and a really annoyed demon. That eats coal for breakfast. Also, I've used it for several other sites.

It's based on the OC minifig I built from the "Build A Minifig" bins in one of the Lego stores. I no longer have the exact description I wrote before because the Lego website deleted the galleries but he's basically a Realm Guardian from the Departed Realm in Ninjago, hence the "Ghost" part of the name.. His weapon is the Dark Warhammer.