Brick Miner

What's in a name ???

Wardancers are a special kind of wood elves in the Warhammer universe. Before battle, they dance themselves into trance and keep on dancing during battle. That sort of appealed to me when I was much younger. I used the name in LAN-sessions and so it became my alias.

This is a very interesting topic, I always wondered about some member's names. Now it's my turn to elaborate. :classic:

Despite what you may think, I did not choose LandShark because of the Saturday Night Live character. I've never even watched the show. :look:

There just seemed to be lots of things that pulled me towards this name.

There's a Transformer called Landshark (previously my avatar, and soon will be again after Underwater month finishes).

Landsharks was also an early name for the Tremors movie series (which I love :wub: ).

Also, when I first got the Atlantis Shark-Man, I immediately made it wear a vest (with gray arms, of course) and jeans, and called it Land-Shark. I don't know why I did that, it just seemed natural. :laugh:

Ah the ancient Landshark. Some say he could land a ship just a well as a shark can run.

I wasn't too original with names, so I used one from Bionicle. Tanma was a Matoran of Light in the year 2008, who actually lead his fellow Av-Matoran in resistance against the Makuta. Sure light hurts Makuta, but we are talking about creatures who can possess machines and have 42 different powers, aside from manipulation. Sadly his name might be derived from tan, as in sun tan(curse you puns). But still, a villager who is battling a great evil without relying on Toa or needing powerful weapons to fight. We haven't seen that since 2001(2002 the Matoran used Boxers, 2003 they didn't fight at all, 2004 six Matoran did help the Toa using a Matoran-Nui, 2005 there were no Matoran, 2006 they relied on their special weapons, and 2007 the Matoran had electro weapons and air launchers). Why have two characters say, "You don't have to be a Toa to be a hero," and then have the only heroes be Toa or Matoran who become Toa?

This is a very interesting topic, I always wondered about some member's names. Now it's my turn to elaborate. :classic:

Despite what you may think, I did not choose LandShark because of the Saturday Night Live character. I've never even watched the show. :look:

There just seemed to be lots of things that pulled me towards this name.

There's a Transformer called Landshark (previously my avatar, and soon will be again after Underwater month finishes).

Landsharks was also an early name for the Tremors movie series (which I love :wub: ).

Also, when I first got the Atlantis Shark-Man, I immediately made it wear a vest (with gray arms, of course) and jeans, and called it Land-Shark. I don't know why I did that, it just seemed natural. :laugh:

Good to know, I would have assumed it was this kind of landshark.

landshark_postcard3.jpg

My username is after my cat, who was named after the train, which was named after the Native American.

My username is after my cat, who was named after the train, which was named after the Native American.

I wonder what the Native American was named after. :laugh:

Derfel is a character in Bernard Cornwell's Warlord Chronicles, which is a 3 book version of the whole Arthurian saga, and the best version of the story told! Derfel is Arthur's main champion and Cadarn is a title he earns which means 'The Mighty'. So there you have it. Derfel the Mighty!

When I was little (like, 13 years old or something) we used to play age of empires and red alert and such on LAN parties and I had to come up with a nickname..I had been reading some light philosophy around that time so I choose the oldgreek Sokrates, adding the z because it doesn't change the pronunciation of the word yet makes it stand out.

- Sok.

Well mines is pretty simple, I simply love the Lego Batman theme, I orginally wanted to go with just 'Batman' but I couldn't take it. :classic:

However I recently noticed that there is another Batman related guy on here, I think his name is 'Batbrick', hopefully he dosen't hate me for being to close to his name !!! Please :wink:

I recently joined a new band and they decided to give me a nickname. My first name happens to be the name of a particularly popular popsicle character, and so I was popsicle p____ (I'll leave that one to your imagination :blush: ) Well, that mouthful was shortened to pp, which inevitibly found a 7 attached to it (the N64 generation cannot forsake its ties to Goldeneye). Adding the 'silencer' was out of the question - drummers are sensitive about that kind of stuff. I now find myself meeting people for the first time who only know me as pp7, which is kinda cool. This is the first time I'm using the handle online, so hopefully no one mistakes me for a gun enthusiast or Goldeneye snob!

A couple of years ago my then-4 year old was particularly caught up in anything to do with the ocean. He would imagine that he was a shark (as was his little brother), his mommy a dolphin and his dad a whale. So I use the DaddyWhale handle for anything that's fun and lighthearted.

I remember about 2001 I saw a Transformer figure with the name Nightcruise, but I could never get it. About a year later, Bionicle was not hooking with me and I returned to my Throwbots. I had started making my own designs and made them into transforming figures. So one of the first characters I made was given the name Nightcruise, which I use on this site.

kobe bryant is one of my all time favorite nba players and his nickname is 'blackmamba' so i replaced the black with brick so there is some connection to lego lol

When i was 16 i'd chose to be De Sandman as a DJ name, because i was doing just the opposite of wat the Sandman does (put you to sleep) i thought that was funny because i played harcore house on the turntables :tongue: , since then i was called De Sandman by my closest friends (and it still is), when i discovered the net (when i was 16/17 it was still upcoming) i'd used De Sandman as username on all sorts of sites and since then it stayed *huh* .

Edited by De Sandman

Lothos came from Quantum Leap, it was the evil super computer that sent the evil leapers through time.

It's aslo the name of the vampire from Buffy the vampire slayer: the movie.

name just sort of caught on and stuck with me for awhile.

Edited by Lothos

Doink comes from my Christian name - my brother when we were younger couldn't pronouce "Dominic" - and thus I am known as Doink.

When I first started playing multiplayer games online (Age of Empires: II) I originally tried to call myself 'Zed' after the game Z: Steel Soldiers but it was taken, the server suggested 'LordZed0', which I used for that though I dropped the Lord part fairly soon. Once I started using it for a username I lower cased the 'Z' so Linux wouldn't cry at me.

Now I use 'zed0' or 'zed0h' or 'zedoh' depending on availability since the pronunciation is the same for all of them.

When I first started playing multiplayer games online (Age of Empires: II) I originally tried to call myself 'Zed' after the game Z: Steel Soldiers but it was taken, the server suggested 'LordZed0', which I used for that though I dropped the Lord part fairly soon. Once I started using it for a username I lower cased the 'Z' so Linux wouldn't cry at me.

Now I use 'zed0' or 'zed0h' or 'zedoh' depending on availability since the pronunciation is the same for all of them.

I loved the game Z. I literally played that for hours on end.

I watch Top Gear reguarly, my name starts with a d, and I enjoy rally racing, so Dakar fell out of that. The A is for my last name, and that's it!

Psyeudonym on! :tongue:

Dakar

I'm a fan of the BBC program Top Gear and the day I was signing up on the forum here my 8 year old and I were going through a large lot of Legos we got on Craigslist.

One of the minifigures was a ghost and he took off the glow in the dark part and said "This would make a good Stig"..

I agreed and we found a white helmet and a black head to get the look close to right.. so, when I signed up, Stig it was~

Edited by STIG

I'm a fan of the BBC program Top Gear and the day I was signing up on the forum here my 8 year old and I were going through a large lot of Legos we got on Craigslist.

One of the minifigures was a ghost and he took off the glow in the dark part and said "This would make a good Stig"..

I agreed and we found a white helmet and a black head to get the look close to right.. so, when I signed up, Stig it was~

I'm jealous, although I would have chosen "The STIG"

My name comes from 2 things, I used to be an aggressive person in school and was called Volcano, the panik part comes from watching a Class of the Titans episode which had a god pretending to be a DJ called DJ Panic. I thought it was quite catchy so I changed it to VolcanicPanik, the k looks cooler.

Brickdoctor- Because I started out as a failed minifig customizer :cry_sad:

You? A fig customiser?! I've got to see some of your figs. :laugh:

New name, new story.

Not really. It's just what all my friends IRL call me. :tongue: I felt that 'cralegoboy' was getting old (and made me sound like a little boy playing with his Legos, according to Jimbutcher), so I wanted something new. I just went with what I was called.

My name comes from my name.

Alias: kotaco

My Name: Dakota Cortez

kota + co = kotaco

Pronounced: kota-co

Not be misread as ko-taco

Edited by kotaco