Honeybee

Ellington House

indexed.gif B-RV-10E

Hi,

Its been a while since I have posted anything.

I am now working on some modern type houses, which i think is going well.

I started to add an interior on this moc (if you look closly inside the bay window you will notice some xmas prezzies and tree).

I decided that the house was too small so I left it, but you will be pleased to know I have almost finished my bigger house which does have an interior.

Take a look and tell me what you think

Thanks

Honeybee :)

6312689191_c9b7f4485f.jpg

6312678211_32ef0066f3.jpg

6313204938_1939ecd55b.jpg

I like this MOC. The house looks like a nice little cottage somewhere in the country that i would want to live in. The garden looks good too. It has enough plants to make it look full and lush, but not too much to make it look overgrown. in my opinion, the red part in the bush near the door doesn't really look like it fits in the MOC.

Really nice looking house, I especially like the shapes of the roof and the brown curved window.

Really great work! The house itself is very well done, both in the colors and the detailing. The garden out front really adds to the scene as well.

The bay window/deck combo is great...love that tan and red-brown combo...very nice...methinks somebody needs a coffee cup in her head to enjoy the view to the garden. :tongue:

This is wonderful! The colour combination is lovely, I really like what you've done around the entrance, that garden is lush and lovely, the bay window is very well done - and the tiling in opposite directions leading to the door is a neat touch. I agree, though, that the red parts of the bushes look out of place. Really looking forward to pictures of your bigger house!

What a wonderful looking house 'Honeybee' and I :wub: the front garden with water feature ! :sweet:

Excellent work on this structure, it appears to be Edwardian in style.....very nice again I'll say ! :wink:

Brick On 'Honeybee' ! :sweet:

Great work. I really like the colour scheme and the little garden in front of the house.

See it on Classic-Town.net

Such a cute little house, or is it a cottage? It looks very cozy, I like the look of outside. Is the inside furnished? Keep up the great work default_classic.gif

Really nice details and colours here, and where did you get those aquamarine tiles for the pond?

Brilliant MOC :thumbup:

Such a cute little house, or is it a cottage? It looks very cozy, I like the look of outside. Is the inside furnished? Keep up the great work default_classic.gif

I started doing an Interior but decided against it but i did one in my Winter Holidays house.

Really nice details and colours here, and where did you get those aquamarine tiles for the pond?

Brilliant MOC :thumbup:

Not entirely sure, prob got some in a set then got more from Bricklink.

So many things to appreciate here!

The first thing to catch my eye was the bay window and balcony. Then I noticed the front entry and roof line, then the garden really completes the MOC. Very nicely done!

Thanks for sharing this.

Andy D

That's a great house, Honeybee! The colour scheme is so simple, yet it adds to the character of the house. The bay window is great (especially its size), and so is the terrace above it. However, my favourite part of this MOC is the garden. The pond and the colourful flowers add life to the MOC. I haven't seen round 1x1 plates used as flowers before, but they do look nice, although they're not that good for moving them around.

Honeybee, what I like about this creation is not only the bay window, but the brown framed windows of that window -- plus, all the details that keep a person's eye darting about the images. Do you have larger images hosted somewhere (Flickr?) that people could see more? The Ellington House appears to be modular, is it?

Thanks for sharing!

Stunning, effective use of the faux brick around the windows. My only criticism would be that I think it would look better to add a capstone brick above the windows where there is room. Your MOC is amazing.