I Scream Clone

Guilds of Historica Introduction/General Discussion Thread

They are in process as we speak!

The fewest entries belongs to Nocturnus with 1 entry and the most to Mitgardia with 8 entries with Kalphlin and Avalonia falling in the middle. Lots of nice work from everyone! I'm glad I don't have to pick the winners!

New members, I would suggest joining the dark lands if you want a shot at an Orc! Plus, Nocty is tons of fun. Make any creepy figure you want and no need to pick up expensive foliage! Win-win if you ask me!

Is there a full map of the Guilds of Historica?

Yes, in fact there is (thanks to Nice Marmot...):

7934153818_985d44f83d.jpg

Historica Map by nice.marmot, on Flickr

Edit: that turned out smaller than I had expected. :look: I'll make it bigger then...

Edited by Kai NRG

They are in process as we speak!

so how's this process coming along?

so how's this process coming along?

The scores were entered the day of the server crash. I can tell you the top scoring guilds were separated by 1 gold!

So....any word on when the next challenge will be announced. I have some stuff I'm itching to build, but I don't want to start if it'll interfere with the next challenge!

The scores were entered the day of the server crash. I can tell you the top scoring guilds were separated by 1 gold!

:look: Who had the top gold, I wonder... Anyway this is bad! We need more distance! (Oh, I guess it's good too. Now we should be closer to Avalonia!)

Okay- well challenge 6 discussions are advancing. Your guild leaders have unfortunately been marred in a serious of personal time eaters.

As for CH5 well... go to the challenge thread to see the results!

Or read below here since you can't really comment in that thread...

Challenge V results are in.

Winning guild by 1 gold... AVALONIA!

Gold won this round...

Mitgardia- 488

Nocturnus- 415

Kalphlin- 467

Avalonia- 489

Seriously. 1 gold. 1.

Individual winners...

Mitgardia- Torgar by 1 point

Nocturnus- Dr. Rod by 81 points

Kalphlin- robuko by 3 points

Avalonia- ZCerberus by 1 point, but because he slept with a judge, he was DQed from winning an individual prize this round and the Orc will go to the very deserving rogueang.

Totals

Mitgardia- 3,119

Nocturnus- 2,935

Kalphlin- 3,180

Avalonia- 3,292

Really, really close! There were some great MOCs this round from all the guilds, next time we'll beat those Avalonians!

...one stinking point... grrrr...

Good round for Mitgardia! Thanks for the update Z :thumbup:

Congrats to all the winners as well, especially Torgar yours was a beaut :classic:

Now for more Mini.

I have a free build, not to mention my once-was-Varlyrio-challenge-entry to photograph. Once done, I will be building the Cedrica Hall of Discussion soon after, and then I shall officially begin Owlan's quest. I must say, I'm rather excited!

Well... looks like we're all getting closer and closer in scores... but I think Mitgardia is only two close to usurping our place! :cry_sad:

Congrats to the Challenge V winners, you all did really great jobs! :thumbup:

Just looked at the scores again and how could Dr. Rod have won by 81 points :look:

I'm assuming it's a typo...

Also is alright for us to ask for scores and feedback again :grin:

Nope. 81 points is right. No typos there. Maybe you can figure that one out if you try!

You can ask for the feedback m'boy!

Nope. 81 points is right. No typos there. Maybe you can figure that one out if you try!

You can ask for the feedback m'boy!

I was going to say this earlier... the max for a free build is 50, but I'm guessing Challenge entries can earn 100? Also, do those numbers translate directly into gold?

Hmm, in the earlier challenges the max a challenge entry could earn was 50... was he the only one to enter for Nocturnus?

Anyway he has the biggest win ever! He should get a title or something :laugh:

Well the scores of every person are averaged out of two scores of 50, so if Soccerkid got 40 from one judge and 42 from the other, his average would be 41 for tabulating gold, but his rawscore for determining individual guild winners would be 82. I won't tell anyone the raw score of someone else... though you could probably figure Dr. Rod's out... :devil:

Well the scores of every person are averaged out of two scores of 50, so if Soccerkid got 40 from one judge and 42 from the other, his average would be 41 for tabulating gold, but his rawscore for determining individual guild winners would be 82. I won't tell anyone the raw score of someone else... though you could probably figure Dr. Rod's out... :devil:

I see, I get it. Any reason to base the winners on the rawscore rather than the average (just at a glance, it doesn't seem to make any diffrence, but I could be wrong)?

It doesn't matter, but the the winners would be by .5 points for two, 1.5 for the other and 40.5 for the last if I used the average. Saying Rod won by 81 sounds better than by 40.5.

It doesn't matter, but the the winners would be by .5 points for two, 1.5 for the other and 40.5 for the last if I used the average. Saying Rod won by 81 sounds better than by 40.5.

It certainly sounds more impressive as well! And that puts more difference between the others too. Anyway, are there two judges or was that just an example? (I thought all four guild leaders judged.)

Edited by Kai NRG