I Scream Clone

Guilds of Historica Introduction/General Discussion Thread

Guild related colors of/and parts. Good stonework pieces, white plates, etc. To be honest, judging from Twisted Tales, you don't really have to worry.

Ok I thought there were certain requirements one had to meet before they could join :tongue:

Yep prior to guilds, this was my only castle MOC...

Click me for Gatehouse of disaster

Which is a far cry from this

Click me for Gatehouse of much better

The funny thing is, I don't even think of you as a pirate builder....just medieval. Of course, I was not around for your pirate days.....

I hate that you made me look at that gatehouse again. Every time I see it, I want to build one!

Fellow Guildspeople,

It was discussed during October, when there were just a handful of us frequenting here, about a discussion thread where we could act like our characters. It was well received by the few of us (check pages 31 through 32 of this thread) and we agreed that it would be a great idea for a thread. It was agreed to be called:

The Cedrica Hall of Discussion

where, much like the Mafia roleplay games on Eurobricks with some leeway on the rules, we can act out our roles as our characters and discuss our "adventures" and talk over a good keg of ale. I agreed to build it, but being that we have jumpstarted back up again, I would like to see if you all would still support this. i don't want to make a thread that would simply just fly away like many a MOC on here. So please, thoughts?

Well, since it was my idea, I'm (of course) still in favor of it, there has been a lot of activity recently anyways, but it would be nice to hear about this from some others.

I just saw that it was the first anniversary of the Guilds of Historica (judging by the creation dates of the threads...) :sweet:

Wow a year already? Even though I didn't really find out about this and joined until February of this year, I probably wouldn't have joined Eurobricks or started MOCing if it weren't for GoH. So here's a toast to many more happy years of GoH. And btw, I have to say that thanks to the people in charge, GoH is very organized and fairly easy to keep up to date with what is going on unlike The lands of Classic Castle where I get lost everytime I decide to go and check up what is going on over there.... but that might just be me. :hmpf_bad:

wow, one year of GoH, really cool. It's been an awesome building adventure and I've been here almost every day since the whole thing started. Before GoH I did the occasional pirate moc but had only recently posted my first castle moc. Now, 20 mocs and five volumes of Game of Thrones later I'm really happy that this has happened. I doubt I would have become this obsessed whith LEGO if it hadn't been for this project. A great thank you to our guild leaders who kept this runnig!!

It was discussed during October, when there were just a handful of us frequenting here, about a discussion thread where we could act like our characters... <snip> ...we can act out our roles as our characters and discuss our "adventures" and talk over a good keg of ale. I agreed to build it, but being that we have jumpstarted back up again, I would like to see if you all would still support this. i don't want to make a thread that would simply just fly away like many a MOC on here. So please, thoughts?

I am very much in favor of this. I must have missed the part where you agreed to build it. It has been discussed several times, and I even started a tavern build for it back in August, but never even came close to finishing it (and my son has wrecked it). I think it would be a great addition to GoH, and would probably do a lot to keep people engaged through periods when they don't have much time for building.

The only thing I need to do now is figure out where to buy the custom pieces for Lord Ssilyrrlith. Then a Bricklink shipment or two later and all should be well! At that rate, I would have the build done well before the New Year... That's if the Myan's were wrong, of course. :tongue:

Wow, what I find astonishing is that both MikeyB and NiceMarmot had never built MOC's or posted before GoH. When I look at your creations, you guys look like seasoned pros!

Thanks for the compliment! I don't think I'm quite a seasoned pro; perhaps more second tier behind the real pros in GoH. I had built one castle MOC before GoH. I had only come out of my dark ages in January 2011, but had mostly helped my son build stuff until I joined the guild. He's turning six in January, and is starting to need a lot less help building, so maybe I can start to get a few more builds done. Or maybe I'll just start posting his builds!

Yep prior to guilds, this was my only castle MOC...

Click me for Gatehouse of disaster

Which is a far cry from this

Click me for Gatehouse of much better

That's quite a difference in building! Looks like the castle was part of a reality show like Extreme Makeover: Castle Edition, or maybe This Old Castle. You have definitely progressed a lot! (Although the original isn't that bad...)

Wow... One year. Nuts. It was actually GoH, that I randomly found one day during one of my brief reappearances to EB that made me a regular again. I also was almost 70% a pirate collector, now most of my second collection (first collection is in storage 1000 miles away) is castle related... or at least tan related. I just happened to find the guilds before the first challenge, and it took me two days to read all the posts. I knew I was going to be Kaliphlin from the start though.

The only thing I need to do now is figure out where to buy the custom pieces for Lord Ssilyrrlith. Then a Bricklink shipment or two later and all should be well! At that rate, I would have the build done well before the New Year... That's if the Myan's were wrong, of course. :tongue:

I can help you there.

From this image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28773832@N08/6804566302/in/photostream

His armor and helmet are:

This: http://www.brickwarriors.com/HornedPlateArmor.aspx

And this: http://www.brickwarriors.com/AssassinMask.aspx

The head is this: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3626bpb449

The horns are a brassoed one of these: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=95747pb02

The pants are this: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=970c00pb055

The hands appear to be reddish-brown. I am unsure of the torso. It may have printing underneath.

Has anyone used parts from Alt Bricks? I know DG has used the fall leaves. Are they any good? High quality? I hope so, because I just ordered some of the fall and winter leaves, as well as some of the half columns. I was a bit amused to see that my order is number 98. I don't think I've ever seen such a low order number.

Has anyone used parts from Alt Bricks? I know DG has used the fall leaves. Are they any good? High quality? I hope so, because I just ordered some of the fall and winter leaves, as well as some of the half columns.

I bought some back when they were available on Bricklink, and they are pretty good quality. They are a harder plastic and don't quite match the official LEGO colors, especially the tan, but they come pretty close. I don't have any of the new colors they came out with, but the older ones are a little shinier than I would have liked.

They don't have the same bend as the LEGO leaves, so I have had some snap on me and they do develop white stress marks if you bend them too much.

i just got an order of the fall foliage and overall I like the way they look. In fact I am working on a build with them currently.

Like Eryn said, they are harder and less pliable than Lego ones and I haven't tried any of there other product but so far I like the leaves.

Since altbricks has just updated their website, I am considering an order for some of their decorative elemets along with one of their tree sets.

I may jump on the bandwagon... Those look awesome. at 20 cents per leaf in the fall pack, that seems a decent price as long as they are high enough quality to pass muster.

at 20 cents per leaf in the fall pack, that seems a decent price as long as they are high enough quality to pass muster.

That's actually cheaper than the green ones on BrickLink! The green ones are about 30 cents per piece right now.

I bought a ton of the white ones for challenge two and never made the trees!!! Those were expensive... Well I bought the fall pack, some weeds, and some roof pieces. I will give a full report when I see them. I am already thinking I should have bought two fall packs.

Angeli said:

"Hi ;)

I've got a package of white leaves, and for all the purposes they do the job.

I usually do not bend leaves, so being rigid is not a problem for me. Also, the holes (the "smaller holes") are a bit less tight then lego, which means that you can not put them on a hose (or what is the name of that part), and you can not put diamonds in it (they fall out). I was using gravity, so it went ok. Other then that, they are totally the same as lego. I've got only white, because it is an official color, and I've mixed them with official white that I've have, using them in moc, and you can not tell the difference. I've used them in:

Waterdeep:

city-06tmain.jpg

Leliana Lena:

main-05t.jpg

Netheril:

const-23.jpg

4t.jpg

I am sorry for talking trough my former girls account, but I am still in exsile, and, beeing that we are not together anymore, she just gave me her pass. This put's me in a strange situation, but what's a Drow to do...? :)

Anyhow, if someone want's to try them, I could send them one leaf, so they can have it in hand and try it, before buying...

I am sorry for talking trough my former girls account, but I am still in exsile, and, beeing that we are not together anymore, she just gave me her pass. This put's me in a strange situation, but what's a Drow to do...? :)

Anyhow, if someone want's to try them, I could send them one leaf, so they can have it in hand and try it, before buying...

sorry to hear about your girl

how much is shipping in USD?

Do not be sorry, we are better like this ;) plus, I have a better one, new one, and she will assume "the Drow little helper" role and we will do pictures with Netheril tonight :) If you are interested who she is, you can find her as a first (or last added:) picture on my Flickr account. She will bring the new fraction inside the Drow, the "Green Unicorn" band, but more about that later, when I am legit on EB :)

I do not remember the shipping costs, but I am in Serbia, Europe, and they must be less for you (actually, I do not know where you are from?) . The package was cleverly packed, and everything came in one piece. Just look at the pictures above, how many leaves I've clutched one to another, and the grip is better (stronger) then on official lego 6x5 leaves; That means that you can make more robust combinations; on the other hand, it is harder to "unbreak" them, and bending and breaking can occur; but, I've made A LOT of complicated leaves, and non of them bended or broke while dissembling the moc. I was a little skeptic, but I was thinking of buying more, a trans-blue ones. But, lego has to produce them first...

well, it's been a few days now since we all posted our challenge v entries. Any plans about judging them yet?