I Scream Clone

Guilds of Historica Introduction/General Discussion Thread

The man has picked his daffodils from the east. We've already had trouble from over there already, but the Green Knight seems most loyal. I personally wouldn't worry about his loyalty.

Si and DC were/are involved with Iron Builder. Si won his round, and DC is looking good now.

SoT is back at school, but he checks in to lead his guild plenty.

ISC is around, but now that he is history Mod he has other things to do.

Me being here might be a consolation prize of sorts.

Nah, I appreciate your posts and the information you provide greatly.

Also, what is Iron Builder, any link to this? (Not that I feel I am such a builder, just want to check out what they are doing.)

The guilds are very quite, me thinks we need a frontpage reminding people about the community castle build going on, I'm sure loads fo members haven't a clue whats going on here!

Iron builder is a competition in which two builders (MOC kings, the best of the best) are chosen to compete against each other in a round. the competition goes that each round a special piece normally a hard to use part, is chosen and the two builders must build as many quality builds finding creative ways to use the seed part in 1 month.

DC is up against Brucewayne

8091916131_69a5cf3b4b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45244184@N04/ <DCs entries

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bruceywan/ <Bruce's entries

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32482342@N05/8091916131/ <the competition

Since nobody has done this yet, since it's impossible to comment in the thread itself and since positive feedback seems to scarce around here at times, I really would like to take the time and thank rogueang for putting together the Historica Index. I'm sure it is a very tideous work to keep up with all the mocs that are being placed here, especially since after the software change you had to do it all over again. So once again, thanks a lot man!!

Since nobody has done this yet, since it's impossible to comment in the thread itself and since positive feedback seems to scarce around here at times, I really would like to take the time and thank rogueang for putting together the Historica Index. I'm sure it is a very tideous work to keep up with all the mocs that are being placed here, especially since after the software change you had to do it all over again. So once again, thanks a lot man!!

It has been done back in February, I believe, but I agree with you, rogueang deserves another round of applause as it is an impressive job he has done keeping track of all the MOCs... :thumbup:

Edited by Mikel Kalores

It has been done back in February

I certainly know that, but what you may not have noticed is that he had to redo all the links after the forum software was changed, at least that's what it looks like. And I guess that this was a hell of a job to be done!

Yes. Thank you Rogue. I had the pleasure to meet Rogue at Brickworld 2012 in Chicago.

Winter is coming.

Yes. Thank you Rogue. I had the pleasure to meet Rogue at Brickworld 2012 in Chicago.

Indeed, excellent work!

Me.... Brickworld 2013.... maybe....!...

Winter is coming.

Nah... it has never been gone :tongue:

. . . Winter is coming.

Not for me! I've got summer ahead! :excited::laugh:

darn that southern hemisphere! :wink:

Just wait till you hear this, it gets even better - after summer here, I'm visiting the US 9 months or so to get summer there - and then be back just in time for another summer down here! :laugh::thumbup: :thumbup: Three summers in a row! :wub: (No, I don't get to do that every year. . .)

Winter is coming.

A statement of fact, or a reference to the Starks? I just started reading that series and really wanted to start building some GoT scenes....

Rogue was wearing a Game of Thrones shirt in at BrickWorld 2012 in Chicago. The shirt said, of course, "Winter is Coming".

Makes me wonder why he's in Avalonia where instead he should belong to Mitgardia!

Makes me wonder why he's in Avalonia where instead he should belong to Mitgardia!

Elves. And I was having a very hard time reconciling yellow and green for guild colors. I do not like using yellow for main colors in builds, and this was what actually made me take another look at Avalonia.

Thanks for the comments on the MOC Index. I actually had a backup of the Index saved in Word, but all of the apostrophes converted when I saved it to Word, so I had to replace them by hand in the editor (no find and replace :snicker: ). I don't know that I would have gone to all the trouble it would have taken to replace the entire index, as this would probably have been 20 - 30 hours of work at least.

Just wait till you hear this, it gets even better - after summer here, I'm visiting the US 9 months or so to get summer there - and then be back just in time for another summer down here! :laugh::thumbup: :thumbup: Three summers in a row! :wub: (No, I don't get to do that every year. . .)

Its worse on the northwest American coast. We get rain at least 80% of the year, or at least gray clouds. Summer is the only exception, and that's only in July and August.

I will be jealous, Susan Jr. but if winter MOCs are being created in Nocturnus and Avalonia, I'm sure you'd want to have some of that white fun yourself.

On challange 5 dedline is in sunday, which time is it? Is it okay to post it on sunday, or is the last day saturday? And which country's time is it?

So long as it is Sunday anywhere in the world you are okay. I think the last habitable place in the world where it will be Sunday is American Samoa, a US territory. So when it is 12:01 there, time is up.

I just saw that it was the first anniversary of the Guilds of Historica (judging by the creation dates of the threads...) :sweet:

I wanted to thanks everyone of you for the amazing builds you've done and for the ones to come, for the building technics, and for the many good stories. :thumbup:

I hope I'm sure you will continue to astonish us with beautifull creations in the beautifull kingdom of Historica :wub:

While I joined a couple weeks after GoH started, it is hard to believe it has been a year already!

before I joined, I had never created or posted a MOC before. now, because of the guilds I have built 23 and still have a quite a few ideas not to mention the new friendships that have develped online. One day, I hope to get to a lego event and met some of you in person.

while I know challege VI is supposed to be the last official guild challenge, I hope GoH is active for several years to come!

Mikey

I just saw that it was the first anniversary of the Guilds of Historica (judging by the creation dates of the threads...) :sweet:

I wanted to thanks everyone of you for the amazing builds you've done and for the ones to come, for the building technics, and for the many good stories. :thumbup:

I hope I'm sure you will continue to astonish us with beautifull creations in the beautifull kingdom of Historica :wub:

Hard to believe it's been that long!

I've certainly enjoyed myself as while as improving significantly as a builder, and look forward to participating even after Challenge VI :classic:

before I joined, I had never created or posted a MOC before. now, because of the guilds I have built 23 and still have a quite a few ideas not to mention the new friendships that have develped online. One day, I hope to get to a lego event and met some of you in person.

Me too - I had never posted an MOC before, and hadn't really participated much in discussions except for a random comment here and there. I've had a great time with GoH, and do hope to meet you all someday at an event.

My participation has waxed and waned as other demands on my time (job, kids, etc) have risen and fallen, but I'm still committed to GoH for the long-haul!

Unfortunately, right now I have a problem:

8188854026_43057b5e8e_z.jpg

Yup, that's a big bin of LEGO waiting to be sorted. Anyone want to come over and help? :wink: Work should be a bit quieter next week, and hopefully I can get this sorted and then start working on some MOCs after the Thanksgiving holidays!