I Scream Clone

Guilds of Historica Introduction/General Discussion Thread

Yeah but I think ISC is fine with them, there hasn't been any problems so far and there have been quite a few contests with prizes.

Though of course permission will have to be requested for all contests anyways.

Look at the little history hat under my name there... I am TELLING everyone they have to be approved by staff going forward.

In part due to the departure of Angeli during his contest and issues with other member run contests on other parts of the site, the EB policy, which will be closely monitored, is to have all contests approved by staff. It really isn't too hard to get them approved, but it must be done.

that's pretty new, since when has this been policy? I'm just very curious as I was about to end my Wall of Valholl challenge.

that's pretty new, since when has this been policy? I'm just very curious as I was about to end my Wall of Valholl challenge.

The EB policy has always been to take down any unauthorized contests, but GoH had been somewhat lax on this given the format. As Z already said, There have been some contest issues because of this, so this policy will be strictly enforced from here on out.

does that count for guild internal contests as well, and who of the three history regulators is actually in charge?

does that count for guild internal contests as well, and who of the three history regulators is actually in charge?

ZCerberus said History Moderator, which would be I Scream Clone :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Kabel you started the contest before hand, so unless there is some issue with your contest, finish it up.

From now on, if you want to run a contest with a prize, you can run it past a history regulator (me or rogue_ang) but it will have to eventually go through ISC for approval. If it is within your guild, your guild leader ALSO has ISC's ear, so you can run it by them.

Ecclesiastes, for example, ran his slums and defenses challenge through Sirens-of-Titan who ran it past ISC. MikeyB is doing the same for his fifth guild challenge- or at least he is working on it.

That is the way to go if you have prizes. No prizes, or just want a community build, then post it whenever you want.

The issues with member run contests and prizes are that if the member fails to pay the piper at the end, then people committed time and resources for a project that doesn't pay and EB looks bad for letting it happen.

Kabel you started the contest before hand, so unless there is some issue with your contest, finish it up.

From now on, if you want to run a contest with a prize, you can run it past a history regulator (me or rogue_ang) but it will have to eventually go through ISC for approval. If it is within your guild, your guild leader ALSO has ISC's ear, so you can run it by them.

Ecclesiastes, for example, ran his slums and defenses challenge through Sirens-of-Titan who ran it past ISC. MikeyB is doing the same for his fifth guild challenge- or at least he is working on it.

That is the way to go if you have prizes. No prizes, or just want a community build, then post it whenever you want.

The issues with member run contests and prizes are that if the member fails to pay the piper at the end, then people committed time and resources for a project that doesn't pay and EB looks bad for letting it happen.

Thanks for the clarification Z :thumbup: Good information to know :classic:

For the fifth challenge, can any of the judges please offer guidance on what will be the criteria? Is this public vote again? For the fourth challenge, there were very helpful guidelines, are there any for this one please? With the activity on the site, I am currently going down a kind of playset route, but maybe I should be focusing more on the sub-vigs? Any advice is very welcome.

:classic:

Guild points are NEVER subject to popular vote, only big prizes. No big prize has been announced, so at this point, no public vote.

I terms of criteria- I think SoT did a decent job of laying out what the leaders are looking for. It should be a single build that shows a fantasy location with a battle/refugee camp as well. A series of vigs would NOT work unless they connect to form one scene.

Good luck everyone!

^ Thanks Z. I thought it was very helpful that on challenge 4 we were told that originality and presentation were the main criteria the judges were looking for. Is there any guidance like that for challenge 5? Mine has interior scenes depicting the mini areas suggested, that was what I meant by vigs, sorry I was not clear.

:classic:

Yes sir. Gotcha. The total points a MOC can get is 50. 10 for photography (in focus, good lighting, solid background), 10 for presentation (meaning story and having the shots depicting that story) and 30 for how the build fits the criteria presented and how "good" the build is overall.

I am not sure we've had a perfect 50 ever, but scores in the low to mid 40s are common for well made MOCs.

Guild leaders never score their own guild.

I hope that helps. I think focus on fitting the criteria is most critical followed by skill shown in build.

Good luck!!

Yes sir. Gotcha. The total points a MOC can get is 50. 10 for photography (in focus, good lighting, solid background), 10 for presentation (meaning story and having the shots depicting that story) and 30 for how the build fits the criteria presented and how "good" the build is overall.

I am not sure we've had a perfect 50 ever, but scores in the low to mid 40s are common for well made MOCs.

Guild leaders never score their own guild.

I hope that helps. I think focus on fitting the criteria is most critical followed by skill shown in build.

Good luck!!

Could the scores of entry's from previous challanges be made public?

Speaking of scores, will the guild leaders continue to score free-builds even after the official challenges end?

Could the scores of entry's from previous challanges be made public?

No. But I can give you YOUR scores if you would like via PM.

Speaking of scores, will the guild leaders continue to score free-builds even after the official challenges end?

Maybe for a set period, it has not been discussed, but not after that.

I really wonder what the guild leaders are up to these days, haven't seen either posting here for a while ... I know real life etc. ...

I really wonder what the guild leaders are up to these days, haven't seen either posting here for a while ... I know real life etc. ...

At least ZCerberus is around! SoT last posted in the Mitgardia thread September 21 and said he should be back in a week or so.

I Scream Clone posted in the Nocturnus thread October 13.

Si-MOCs posted in the Kaliphlin thread September 23.

Derfel Cadarn last posted in Avalonia June 20, but left ZCerberus in charge somewhat I think.

Most of them have posted somewhat recently :classic:

Si and DC were/are involved with Iron Builder. Si won his round, and DC is looking good now.

SoT is back at school, but he checks in to lead his guild plenty.

ISC is around, but now that he is history Mod he has other things to do.

Me being here might be a consolation prize of sorts.

. . . Si-MOCs posted in the Kaliphlin thread September 23 . . .

My guess is you mean October 23?

Nope I meant September :look:

Hmm. . . did you scroll down to the end? He posted on the 23rd of October. . . :wink:

Edit: Just realised you said Kaliphlin thread. :wall: Anyway, Si-MOCs did post on the 23rd Oct. in the University thread.

Edited by Kai NRG

Me being here might be a consolation prize of sorts.

That is one way to see it... I think you secretly killed Artorious Rex and you want to sit on the Avalonian throne! :devil:

That is one way to see it... I think you secretly killed Artorious Rex and you want to sit on the Avalonian throne! :devil:

Never, that might be the way of Mitgardians, but we Avalonians stay true to each other. :innocent:

I would never kill our leader in secret... I would make it public.

Uuuuuuuuuuh........

I'll just throw down a quick reminder that the AAG has members covering every rooftop. Just keep that in mind.