I Scream Clone

Guilds of Historica Introduction/General Discussion Thread

If you don't mind asking, what is SoT? I hope it's a newer abbreviation, so me not recognizing it isn't a sign of my stupidity...

(More like who is SoT. . .) Stathams-Of-Titan, I belive. :wink:

Oh yeah... we have name abbreviations up the big behind- and what's worse- some of them don't even go with the screen names anymore!

SoT- Sirens-of-Titan (Stathems-of-Titan)

ISC- I Scream Clone (I Scream Stallone)

Si- Si-MOCs (Sly-MOCs)

DC- Derfel Cadarn (Cardarnold Schwarzenegger)

ZC or Z- ZCerberus (ZClaude Van Damme)

BB or CBB- Captain Beerbeard

LD- Legonardo Davidy (Legonardo)

dG- de Gothia

Ecc- Ecclesiastes

dd- darkdragon

S&C- Siercon and Coral

I am sure there are more... yeah... I guess it is a cultural thing.

Oh yeah... we have name abbreviations up the big behind- and what's worse- some of them don't even go with the screen names anymore!

SoT- Sirens-of-Titan (Stathems-of-Titan)

ISC- I Scream Clone (I Scream Stallone)

Si- Si-MOCs (Sly-MOCs). . .

I think Sly-MOCs is back to Si-MOCs now. And I've also seen SK for SoccerKid, I think.

LD- Legonardo Davidy (Legonardo)

LD

L

DD

I have a few, but I recognize LD best.

He also answers to Susan. :tongue:

so does Z, isn't that right susan?

I was only reffering to my abbreviated names, I also have

David

Legonardo or Legonardo davidy

dangerous or dangerous Dave

Susan

short and Frodo.

although the last 2 are more real life nick-namesdefault_laugh_new.gif

Ah, but apparently you have a capital S. :tongue:

Anyway, does anyone have any idea what the Challenge V prize is?

I was only reffering to my abbreviated names, I also have

David

Legonardo or Legonardo davidy

dangerous or dangerous Dave

Susan

short and Frodo.

although the last 2 are more real life nick-namesdefault_laugh_new.gif

You should consider Legonardo Dangerous Dave, or LDD - for maximum confusion!

Well then... I do respond to Susan- but only 'cause I am nice like that.

Aren't we burying the lead here? Don't we need to figure out what SoT was talking about?

/50th page.

Throwing my 2 cents into the pile, I've really liked the story that has come with the official challenges. Guild leaders, do you intend to keep a central narrative going, even if there aren't official challenges that go with it?

/50th page.

Throwing my 2 cents into the pile, I've really liked the story that has come with the official challenges. Guild leaders, do you intend to keep a central narrative going, even if there aren't official challenges that go with it?

As far as I know (or think I know (or think I can think I know something)), the Guildleaders will step aside after Challenge VI is done :classic:

After challenge 6 the world of Historica will be opened up to you the members to expand and build. As fun as the challenges are they take a long time to complete and hinder some people's desire to build free builds. After challenge 6 there will be a lot more freedom and members will directly steer the course of GoH, instead of the guild leaders. Not before major celebrations and rewards for loyal members though. :wink:

After challenge 6 the world of Historica will be opened up to you the members to expand and build. As fun as the challenges are they take a long time to complete and hinder some people's desire to build free builds. After challenge 6 there will be a lot more freedom and members will directly steer the course of GoH, instead of the guild leaders. Not before major celebrations and rewards for loyal members though. :wink:

If there is not a party, few duels and at least half of the leaders drunk, we will not count it as a celebration ;)

If there is not a party, few duels and at least half of the leaders drunk, we will not count it as a celebration ;)

A perfect time for overthrowing the land, I presume? It also would be a good time for thievery...

Are you personally going to keep on building for guilds of historica?

Sounds good, free builds are fun :excited: Glad to hear you will keep building for GoH too :classic:

Yes, I plan on fleshing out more of Valholl

right on, I was planning to do just the same, I just hope our MoC won't contradict each other too much

I don't know if this has already been asked, but are we allowed to join more than one guild?

No, but you can build on the land of any guild you'd like. Ecclesiastes and de Gothia have both done MOC's of each others' characters visiting their respective guilds. :thumbup:

I don't know if this question has been asked before, but what is the prize for Challenge V? It doesn't say on the challenge's information page. Has it even been decided yet?

I don't know if this question has been asked before, but what is the prize for Challenge V? It doesn't say on the challenge's information page. Has it even been decided yet?

Hasn't been announced yet, though the winners for each Guild will receive a orc minifig with custom printed head :thumbup:

(The following quote is from another thread, but my reply is better suited for this thread)

Thanks, I put some more pics on Flickr but they won't be there long, I don't want to pay for Pro so I just put one overview shot of each of my builds. What virus filter do you have?

A bit off topic, but since you brought it up, what do you all do when you hit the 200 free pics limit on Flickr (besides buying the Pro option)? Go to MOCpages or BrickShelf? Use Flickr only for the main images, and put everything else somewhere else? Once you're over 200 images, will links and deep-links to your early images still work? If you remove pics from Flickr, does that help? I'm at 173 on Flickr right now.

A bit off topic, but since you brought it up, what do you all do when you hit the 200 free pics limit on Flickr (besides buying the Pro option)? Go to MOCpages or BrickShelf? Use Flickr only for the main images, and put everything else somewhere else? Once you're over 200 images, will links and deep-links to your early images still work? If you remove pics from Flickr, does that help? I'm at 173 on Flickr right now.

Embedded images still appear, and the image page still exists at the same URL; you just lose the ability to access it through your flickr menus, sets, etc. A common workaround is to create a flickr group which only you can see, and add all your images to the group. Then you can access your old images from the list of images in the group.