I Scream Clone

Guilds of Historica Introduction/General Discussion Thread

In Challenge 4, is the micro lands cape included in the 48 by 48?

SoT answered this in the Avalonia thread

Good question! It can be outside as long as it doesn't constitute a big MOC on its own. A few studs worth is OK, but nothing more than that, or otherwise one could create an entire valley, or mountainous panorama. This is meant to be something more akin to background, not intense micro-scale MOCing.

Good question! It can be outside as long as it doesn't constitute a big MOC on its own. A few studs worth is OK, but nothing more than that, or otherwise one could create an entire valley, or mountainous panorama. This is meant to be something more akin to background, not intense micro-scale MOCing.

Ah, thanks. Good to know!

It's hard to decide which Guild to join :wacko:

I like the setting of Mitgardia but I'm not so keen on the yellow-green colors :sceptic:

How important is it to stick to these colors ?

Edited by Sebeus I

It's hard to decide which Guild to join :wacko:

I like the setting of Mitgardia but I'm not so keen on the yellow-green colors :sceptic:

How important is it to stick to these colors ?

*Avalonia*

you don't really have to stick to them, to much, it's just the color of the flags and your mini-figures should have some of either color in them, if they don't that's fine.

really you should choose a guild that

suits your building style

has a style that you would like to get better at

suits your parts collection

you want to join.

good luck choosing a guild!

*Avalonia*

~Legonardo~

EDIT: posted twice

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

This micro requirement might be difficult for me. My Moc is going to be a little large so could I just add some clouds in the distance, or does it have to be landscape?

Does challenge 4 have to take place in the home guild?

Does challenge 4 have to take place in the home guild?

I believe so, but that doesn't mean you can't build something with the style of another guild (just build at the border)

Dude if i could get 300 leaves for a darth maul promo fig i'd buy as many as i could find on ebay and then trade for them... The going price on the 6x5 is .30c per.. your trade is about .10c...

Not that it wouldnt be a good trade for you though!

I love the tree leaves and if they ever produced them for the PAB wall at my store i would clean them out. In fact i'd probably just buy all their boxes.

I would trade a free minifigure for 90 dollars of tree branches. I think I only have a bit over two hundred branches. I have some Voodoo Jack polybag's! Nevermind Haha!

In the description for Challenge 4 it says:

• Must be an action scene that shows elemental destruction including an elemental monster of your own design.

• It must be a single scene (not a story/narrative multi-scene build. Think of it as a still-frame of a large scene of devastation)

• You may choose any elemental not just the one that spawned from your own Guild's element.

But would it be ok to show more than one elemental monster in the scene?

I was wondering about multiple elementals as well. I have several design ideas.

Also there has been some question of whether the principal build must be 48x48 or if that is just the maximum it should be.

With all of the other challenges the size limit has been just that, a limit. I would imagine that this one is the same, in fact I am planning on doing a non-rectangular base that would not be an exact 48x48 so I hope that is the case :wink:

My question for the Challenge IV contest is that how much of a priority is the micro landcape? My entry will have alot of action in it and I'm not sure if I'll have enough room to make a realistic micro background.

Well, this is totally out of character, but I must notice something about Guilds of Historica:

Before the guilds, I was browsing mainly trough history subforum, and I was pretty quiet; my mocs were blogged few times, they were red:) so mainly recognizable; but, all my talking with you guys was just on those rare occasions when I posted new mocs.

And I was building quite less. Now, three big cities per year instead of one or two, and many mocs in between; A lot of fun, a community to belong, recognition and confirmation, making my own style and learning from others; quite bit of fun ;) Building in GoH gave me my "MOC Expert" pin ;)

But, something happened that I did not intend: I've befriended few of the guildsmen (from all guilds), and they gave me photographing advices, photoshoping suggestions and building tips; also helped me acquire bricks that I could not acquire easily, or that I could, but at much (MUCH) higher prices, regarding where I live, and total shortage of PaBs on my continent :)

So, I am building more; I am building better; I am enjoying myself (I am going to conquer you all, my forces are piling up on your borders while you are distracted reading this;)); I am learning new thing and tricks, and I have more lego bricks - as much as I am giving to the GoH, it is giving me so much more ;)

I made Elesee-Luna just for challenge 3; but few days after I've finished, there was that beneficial exhibition for that poor boy, and I like to think that such a big castle contributed for more of the people showing, and enjoying, and non of that would be possible if I was not building, inspired with the GoH challenges;

I love that I am part of this ;)

Now prepare to perish in confrontation with the Drow ;) IF you are lucky. If not, you will be enslaved and sent to the hunting grounds. Or worse ;)

Drow rule supreme! :)

meav-tunar-02.jpg

awesome angeli!

and no drow don't rule supreme :tongue:

was posted in the Brickworl forum uh... somewhere else and I thought it should be here too.

Featuring Susan (ZCerberus) and Rogeuang

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

Well, this is totally out of character, but blah blah blah

Drow rule supreme! :)

It's just hilarious that you have to tell us your nice guy real personality is "out of character". Good on you Angeli. Drow are always welcome in Petraea, they eventually see the light and buy themselves a nice sturdy desert cloak

:classic:

I was wondering if there is a guide or tips, on how to build distant landscapes and elemental guardians, really I have no idea. On challenge 3 I tried to build a guardian, not ending so well... :hmpf_bad:

Now is obligatory, and I am just the same as clueless as I was at that time. :laugh:

I was wondering if there is a guide or tips, on how to build distant landscapes and elemental guardians, really I have no idea. On challenge 3 I tried to build a guardian, not ending so well... :hmpf_bad:

Now is obligatory, and I am just the same as clueless as I was at that time. :laugh:

I googled "elementals" to get some ideas, then try to transfer that to bricks. as to microbuilding I would do the same. I think their might be a guide somewhere here on Eurobricks.

For those worried about building Elementals, don't be afraid to try. That's the whole point, it's about pushing yourself to do something you wouldn't usually build and that all helps you become a better builder. I'm sure you will all surprise yourselves.

48 x 48 is indeed the Maximum limit. However you can have 64 x 32, if you prefer the rectangle shape moc. In fact, 64 x 32 could work well as you could have 1 32 x 32 plate used for the close up scene, and another 32 x 32 plate behind it with the micro scale build on.

Just a suggestion.

Aren't you using a 64x64 baseplate then? Or am I misreading something here...

For those worried about building Elementals, don't be afraid to try. That's the whole point, it's about pushing yourself to do something you wouldn't usually build and that all helps you become a better builder. I'm sure you will all surprise yourselves.

48 x 48 is indeed the Maximum limit. However you can have 64 x 32, if you prefer the rectangle shape moc. In fact, 64 x 32 could work well as you could have 1 32 x 32 plate used for the close up scene, and another 32 x 32 plate behind it with the micro scale build on.

Just a suggestion.

I asked earlier and was told that the microscale does not have to be in the 48x48. Is that no longer the case?

well, (as usual), I do not think that the judges will be that strict - if your moc could use few more studs for that micro background and it really fits well and you do not push it (with 90 more studs:), I think that it will be ok ;)

In Historica creativity and fun was always more important then rules, and that is one of the things I like ;)