peddi0027

Oil Rig

indexed.gif B-OV-14E

I used the search function but I did not find a topic abourt an oil rig! Inspired by the impressions on my first vacation in Scotland I bought the old 373 Set Oil Rig and Tanker. Pretty nice set, I enjoyed very much.

2009122528.jpg

Then I started building my own oil platform. I used to read in the member introductions in this forum about a guy who worked for the oil industry in the UK. He might recognize that the helicopter I have choosen is no super puma used for crew changes. This is an SAR-helicopter, so my platform might be the Miller platform in the northern north sea. Miller platform is now used for the BP-Jigsaw-SAR-project. A rescue helicopter and crew are stationated right in the middle of the north sea! http://www.shipsandoil.com/Features/Jigsaw2000.htm

2010011501fr.jpg

2010011502.jpg

2010011502a.jpg

2010011502b.jpg

2010011502c.jpg

2010011502d.jpg

Excellent work 'peddi0027', great detail in respect to the original 1970's set. :thumbup:

What I :wub: is the chopper - so cool....going to take a closer look at that one ! :grin:

You have have actually fused modern city designing in with 80's classic town.....fantastic 'peddi0027' and Brick On Drill On ! :grin:

A very nice MOC and the best way to introduce yourself to the community.

Well done! :thumbup:

Awesome, awesome job on this. I too am in love with that helicopter - what a great set. Love the oil rig, great job!

Very good job! You make it look realistic, but at the same time retro-System style. I too work in the oil industry and I found it odd there weren't many MOCs about it on EB. I've wanted to build an offshore rig for sometime, but I never buckled down and designed it. Your design is a good inspiration. I especially like the way you made the derrick.