On Stranger Tides

Black Moat Castle WIP

Wow. *oh2*

Just the size is impressive enough, but it's also very finely done and represents real castles very well.

To answer your question, I like the square tower more. The variation looks good.

Can't wait to see more, looking great.

Wow. *oh2*

Just the size is impressive enough, but it's also very finely done and represents real castles very well.

To answer your question, I like the square tower more. The variation looks good.

Can't wait to see more, looking great.

Thank you so much Skipper! I think it will be on 3.5 32x32 baseplates wide and 6 32x32 long! Thank you so much, I think I'm stickin with the square...

Wow. I personally think the octagonal design looks cooler, though it's probably a lot harder to build and possibly a bit less stable. Both designs do look great though, should be interesting to see it finished.

Great build! I look forward to seeing more

/hops over to flickr

That looks like a golden start! For the tower question, as I mentioned on Flckr, you should go for both tower types. Adding only one will not add extra perspective, like you will get with adding 2 types of towers. Perhaps add a central placed tower that is round, this may add something more even. But just a thought :laugh: Love to see your further progress! :thumbup:

Looks to be coming along nicely, may I suggest a little moss mottling in the tower brick work to liven up the grey walls?

This castle is going to be huge! :laugh: I Really like the gate, very imposing!

Hope you have the patience to complete it. :wink:

Edited by de Gothia

This is shaping up nicely, looks very strong and imposing like a castle should. I prefer the octagonal towers, they do look much nicer and its better now you have added some climbers here and there to break up the gray wall syndrome. This will be a very impressive castle when its finished! Well done :thumbup:

Looking fantastic at the moment 'On Stranger Tides', this is going to be one HUGE castle - keep going and Brick On ! :wink:

Very well done on this tower, especially the lower part with the arches and of course the windows/loopholes.

The best part about it is the water though! I like the effect that the green tiles give! :thumbup:

This is very impressive so far. though I would love to see some detal of the structural setup of the towers.

This is very impressive so far. though I would love to see some detal of the structural setup of the towers.

What would you like to see? I can swing each section of the octotowers open to show hinges...