Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Knockoff/Clone/Imitation Brand Pirate Sets

This thread might just be in serious need of a touch of the Finnish customs handling X)

img_5233_141.jpg

there's also ones like the Armada ship.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CRAZYSHOP-Like-pirate-...1QQcmdZViewItem

They also used other modifications and a different variety of figs. The Enlighten brand is similar to this. I was wondering if this is illegal stuff. Probably not since it is available on the open market and they do not use the Lego name nor their Logo. Also, they only make retired sets in other words, not the things Lego is making now. Besides pirates, they also make former Lego royal knights sets such as the king's carriage and the hemlock stronghold forestmen set with slight modifications.

Also, the knock-off Spaniard ship has more figs and an actual pirate prisoner included.

The buy it now price is OK, the shipping fee however will kill the price.

I was browsing ebay, and guess what i found? lego pirates! but not only that, it's a copy cat brand so it's cheaper, plus it costs less! search Brick block pirates and there you will find it. also search brick block Roya Ship. so now you can buy pretty good versions of lego pirates, but cheaper! fool your friends, confuse your neighbours, its hard to tell that they are not lego's! search Brick Block Pirates on Ebay today!

I was browsing ebay, and guess what i found? lego pirates! but not only that, it's a copy cat brand so it's cheaper, plus it costs less! search Brick block pirates and there you will find it. also search brick block Roya Ship. so now you can buy pretty good versions of lego pirates, but cheaper! fool your friends, confuse your neighbours, its hard to tell that they are not lego's! search Brick Block Pirates on Ebay today!

It's actualy very easy to tell they are not LEGO©, they steal the Lego boxart but the peices look different. And we have several threads about this throughout the forum like this one and this one.

We've got a couple of threads on these imitatation or "knock off" brands where we've discussed in detail about how to identify them. For the most part they seem to be significantly inferior in quality and this is obvious by observing a close up picture.

Norrington, I recommend you read this threads Has anyone been tempted...

They also used other modifications and a different variety of figs. The Enlighten brand is similar to this. I was wondering if this is illegal stuff. Probably not since it is available on the open market and they do not use the Lego name nor their Logo. Also, they only make retired sets in other words, not the things Lego is making now. Besides pirates, they also make former Lego royal knights sets such as the king's carriage and the hemlock stronghold forestmen set with slight modifications.

Also, the knock-off Spaniard ship has more figs and an actual pirate prisoner included.

The buy it now price is OK, the shipping fee however will kill the price.

i beleive that the emblam on the sail is the sail from the mega bloks pyrates line, just on different sails.

I really don't incourage buying knockoff brands, they are worthless to collectors, they are ugly, they break, the colors are faded, they dont snap well together. They are really bad.

Evil Willy, in Texas Jack Can's thread you said you bought one of these of this "fake" Lego sets, but you did not specify any futher. I am curious about how and where you bought it and how much you payed for it.

EDIT: Why is this in the MOC subforum anyways?

This thread is going to be merged as soon as Norrington tells me which of the existing threads [on this topic] he thinks his original post relates to the most.

So when its merged obviously it will disappear from the Pirate MOC Forum.

I was wondering if this is illegal stuff. Probably not since it is available on the open market and they do not use the Lego name nor their Logo.

These companies are definately breaking patents but in China some companies ignore patents from other countries, and then when they are sued they fail to appear in court, thus Lego wins a default action ordering the destruction of any pirated items.

It would be good to just be able to buy parts out of these imitation sets. If I could get 100 cannons for 10cents apeice or a heap of blue baseplates for 50cents each i'd jump on it.

Hi

My advice is to not buy this imitation brands. I bought a couple of small sets (not pirate) from a friend, just to see and as they were really cheap. it was enlighten brand.

Attention that the pictures in the boxes are not the real product inside.

The minifigs are worthless, the colors are diferent, the faces are ughly.

The plastic is kind of softer and wears , scratches easily, and is less shiny.

The acessories, pistols, guns, swords, flags, are acceptable.

The gaps when connecting pieces are visible but not horrible (in this case lego is falling down in quality either).

But I advice not to buy. I saw the prices in ebay for this clone brands and I think they are way too high (including shipping) for the product. People are taking advantage from the fact that there are no lego pirates anymore and they are ripping people off with this products.

Take a little time and search in ebay and you find used lego sets and pieces that are better and sometimes cheaper than this.

I really don't incourage buying knockoff brands, they are worthless to collectors, they are ugly, they break, the colors are faded, they dont snap well together. They are really bad.

The only thing I can add on this is that I am a purist if it comes to this....The only thing wich I ''allow'' are custom stickers, modifyng minifig parts and modifyng weapons. What I don't "allow" are modifying other lego parts and using pieces from copy brands(excluding weapons).

I just don't like it, Lego has got the best quality, and I don't want it to be messed up by parts from copy brands...

But would you do it if the cannons were shoddily built?

Yep. Considering cannons are fetching around 3 or 4 bucks each (sometimes up to 6!!!!) it wouldn't worry me one bit. They'de still be ok for lower decks of ships, where only the barrell can be seen anyway. I'd also be tempted to get large amounts of grey or green blocks for landscapes. Even if it has to be glued together, as long as a regular lego building will snap on top of it then it would probably be worth it for a mega moc.

Wow, these look like real Lego (even the minifigs).

The pirate ship seems a copy of the BSB.

This must be very illegals stuff?!

has anybody seen this before? it's gotta be an illegal copy of the legendary set, right?

Yup. Soooooooo manyyyyyyyyyyyyy topics on this..........

I'm really getting quite bored of it.

I have not seen this before. From the looks of the set and the description talking about the set, I would think this is a copy. I have heard rumors about manufacturing practices in China. There are companies there that copy other products. Sounds like they are copying more than shower heads from Waterpik, now Lego toys. Thank you for the information about these sets. Definitly something to keep in mind and look out for. Thank you again. Model On.

Ive seen several of these fake LEGO sets on eBay and they're usually from China. Ive seen a few smaller pirate sets and some forestmen ones too.

It does look like a copy.It'd be a little helpful if someone could add a pic of the original.One of the Chinese companies is enlighten.