SirSven7

Sir Francis Drakes flagship Golden Hinde

Good find SirSven

I like how the builder used bricks/LEGO elements for many of the things most builders would attempt to use non-LEGO elements for, like the sails or the rigging between the masts (technic axels!).

It definitely looks like it could be Drake's galleon too. I heard a certain “Grand Master” say he wished there were more galleons up on the site. I guess he got his wish!

Oh yeah, and look for this ship to be blogged soon!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

She's amazing! I love to see good galleons. My only critique would be that the stern is a little too wide- try 4 studs wide at the stern of the poop, rather than 6. Also, the ratlines could use some work. The overall hull shape and the bow are great though, as are the details (and the fact that she has a crew!)

I'm quite impressed. The design is great, unusual techniques and a fantastic colour scheme. For me the blue-red-green-tan pattern really makes it a delicious ship to look at. I also like the sails and the masts platforms, which have a quite unique idea, and all the ornaments around the ship. For a relatively small build he achieved great detail! Very very good job! pirate_classic.gif

Now that's an AWESOME find 'SirSven7', that designer should join all of us on EB....a pat on the back waits, a beautifully detailed ship from a very famous period in world history....the rein of Queen Elizabeth The First. :pir-wink:

Keep drinking that ROYAL rum ! :pir-grin:

Great find, thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

It looks quit einteresting to me, clearly resembling a 16th century ship and with a very puristic rigging (or maybe he was just lazy :pir-tongue: ).

I do like the colourscheme howerver there ar many things seriously wrong with the stern: it sides don't slope which makes it too wide at the top and there are not even windows! :pir-sceptic:

i like the overall design / colorscheme etc, it really looks great, but i have to agree with perfectionist, de sterncastle doesn't have windows and te balcony isn't reachable because there are no doors :pir-hmpf_bad: .

The rigging is unusual with the technic parts.

But great find :thumbup:

Another great find!

We really are having an influx of galleons here recently, I swear I saw none in my year of lurking.

The whole ship is amazing, the colorscheme is just beautiful.

I love how "alive" this looks, I don't know if that makes any sense but I can just imagine the figs going to sea in it. Sometimes I wish I were a minifig, this is one of those times.

Only thing I don't like is the technic axles for rigging, but that's a small complaint.

Thanks for posting. :classic:

Edited by Skipper