Sign in to follow this  
Fallenangel

Help me find this site...

A couple years back, I came across a site on which someone had depicted the entire Original Trilogy in LEGO form via a number of brickbuilt scenes for each film. I believe the project was completed well before The LEGO Group obtained the license, featuring stormtroopers in racer helmets and Artoo with robot arms for legs. Vader I remember wore a black Castle helmet. There were other things, such as an enormous and multicolored brickbuilt Falcon and some very blocky TIE fighters. Does anyone here know what I'm talking about?

A couple years back, I came across a site on which someone had depicted the entire Original Trilogy in LEGO form via a number of brickbuilt scenes for each film. I believe the project was completed well before The LEGO Group obtained the license, featuring stormtroopers in racer helmets and Artoo with robot arms for legs. Vader I remember wore a black Castle helmet. There were other things, such as an enormous and multicolored brickbuilt Falcon and some very blocky TIE fighters. Does anyone here know what I'm talking about?

You mean this ? I was talking about it a while ago, after some extended searching also for the same stuff :

http://www.hothbricks.com/2011/10/vintage-lego-star-wars-trilogy-par-maestro-s-fujita/

Edited by willybob

That's the very same one. It's even more impressive than I remember it!

I was very impressed by the work of this guy, specially when you put all his work back in the time perspective. It's a luck that his work is still online....

Great find! :cry_happy::thumbup:

I really enjoy reading through all these scenes.

I agree that his work is very impressive, of course in back of the time perspective.

Is anyone going to remake this?

I think this would make a great community (LDD) build!

It kinda like the build that is already going on.

Edited by Future74

Hey, I remember this! I found it about five years ago, (through BL links, maybe?) but forgot all about it. I remember back then, I wasn't an MOCer, so the fact that someone could do all that before the sets were first produced blew me away.

Before I read through the posts and realised you'd found it, my first thought was this one which is also worth a look and has some well built stuff.

He also includes instructions for some of the models he's built but I can't open any of them because I don't have MLCAD.

That's very impressive given how long ago it was made. Shame the instructions for the falcon aren't on there

First time I've seen these and they're very impressive. Shows how much can be done with "just" pre-specialization LEGO.

Some shots still look good by today's standards, I love this one:

docu1254.jpg

Some of the minifig substitutions were hilarious.

This is so well done being built in 1992. Even with non lisenced characters it looks so accurite. This is awsome and should stay on the net for years to come.

I love the brick built Mon calimari, they look so cool :thumbup: .

Edited by wokajablocka

Sorry for off-topic, but does anyone know the link for the page on EB, where those funny SW comic photos are in? I know it was on main page some months ago, but now, i can't find it...

I might be missing something here, but if this was done in 1992, how come it seems to use Lando's head, a piece that didn't exist until 2003? (according to bricklink)

Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing piece of work and better than a lot of post licence models I've seen!

Kaitan the Confused

Edited by Kaitan

I might be missing something here, but if this was done in 1992, how come it seems to use Lando's head, a piece that didn't exist until 2003? (according to bricklink)

Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing piece of work and better than a lot of post licence models I've seen!

Kaitan the Confused

You're right, Lego had all yellow figures until '03. Its all very impressive of course but not as good as if it was all done back in '92.

It's not Lando's head. Look carefully; it's the standard mustache head, customized to be brown. He says on the About page that he customized four heads; Yoda and the Emperor are two of the other ones, and Jabba may be the fourth.

It's not Lando's head. Look carefully; it's the standard mustache head, customized to be brown. He says on the About page that he customized four heads; Yoda and the Emperor are two of the other ones, and Jabba may be the fourth.

Cool okay I stand corrected.

Sorry about that.

As you were people, move along, nothing to see here... :blush:

Kaitan the Contrite