Mafia School: Cirque du Freak conclusion

OK, here is mine:

Name: Elasti Elisabeth

Player: Etzel

Occupation: Elastigirl & lovely assistant to Barnabo the magician

Affiliation: Town - Doctor

elastigirl.jpg_thumb.jpg

Background story:

You’ve been sawed in half, had knives thrown at you and all sorts of crazy stuff. You’re one tough girl! You are single and enjoying it! Due to all the injuries you’ve sustained over the years you became an expert in treating them, that’s why you are the town Doctor.

Name: Stephanie

Player: Swils

Affiliation: Scum

lovely_assistant.jpg_thumb.jpg

Background story:

You are the lovely assistant for a lot of acts in the circus. You have no special talent and this pisses you off. But truth is, you’re not so lovely at all. In fact you’re a cold hearted bitch. You’re sick and tired of being just the assistant.

You have no night actions. Please use this PM to ask any questions or discuss the game with the host. Thanks for joining and I hope you enjoy this Mafia School experience.

And, damn it all, I was so close to getting all of you useless talent out of here so that I could finally get my rightful headlining act doing... well.. it doesn't matter! I'd be the star!

I"m really sad if this mess with DN is negating our victory in the minds of so many people. I think we all did the best we could and I don't feel like any of us cheated, though that whiteboard post does seem like DN took the whole penalty vote thing really hard and could have used it in a more constructive move like the other scum were suggesting.

Welcome to Mafia School: Cirque du Freak.

Name: Mattilda

Player: Darkdragon

Affiliation: Town - Cop

bearded_woman.jpg_thumb.jpg

Background story:

You have a magnificent beard but that doesn’t mean that you’re not sexy! Underneath all that hair you’re a whole lot of woman. (Yes I quoted Foxy Cleopatra there) You are determined to find and eliminate the scum. Due to your magnificent beard you’re the ideal person to go under cover. There for you are the town Cop.

Please use this PM to ask any questions or discuss the game with the host. Thanks for joining and I hope you enjoy this Mafia School experience.

I"m really sad if this mess with DN is negating our victory in the minds of so many people. I think we all did the best we could and I don't feel like any of us cheated, though that whiteboard post does seem like DN took the whole penalty vote thing really hard and could have used it in a more constructive move like the other scum were suggesting.

Not at all. I don't blame Nightshroud for using the information, if he did, and I don't discredit the win. I was a bit unsettled when lots of you started unvoting on D4, because that happened shortly after badboy first told us of the situation, and we didn't know how many people had been contacted. I was afraid the integrity of the game was totally jeopardized. But then you all went and voted for Eiker, so I didn't feel as bad :tongue:

I'm not upset at all over the loss, or anything of the sort. In a game meant to be an educational first step into the world of Mafia games, I've learned plenty (not the least of which being that I don't have any interest in trusting DN, at least until he redeems himself in my eyes, somehow! haha). It was a fun game, even if it was a total cluster---- at times. Town won square and square! (Yes I wrote it like that on purpose. And yes, I'm just joking around, heh).

Oh nuts, so basically the Town cheated and the game ending is completely null. So, the only way you knew to kill Griggs and then go after Fred Fred Burger was Darth Nihilius ratting them out?

That's cheating and I would never let Darth Nihilius play in one of my games. What a douchebag.

Booooooooooo!!!! Boooo! Cheaters! Booooo!!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Darth Nihilius, you suck.

What I had heard was that DN the douche knew who the vigilante was but never told the Scum. Is that true too? And how did he know? Are DN the douche and Nightshroud friends? Or maybe the same person? Is that why DN logs in from a proxy? This is just horribly disappointing. Boo for cheaters, boo for bad Mafia School game ending. Boo. Boo you all. :thumbdown:

Except those who didn't cheat. :blush:

Nightshroud, I'm not sure I'd let you play one of my games either. Did you tell the host when this happened? Do you feel good about winning because DN the douche informed on his own team? :sceptic: Yuck. This is just Boo and Yuck.

Defiantly, huh? :hmpf:

Wtf I didn't cheat, no need to act like a fool. :hmpf:

All of my kills were based on my OWN suspicions, not what Darth Nihilus told me or didn't tell me.

Wtf I didn't cheat, no need to act like a fool. :hmpf:

All of my kills were based on my OWN suspicions, not what Darth Nihilus told me or didn't tell me.

Sorry. I talked to badboy about what happened and now I can see better how it all occurred. It's aggravating to see DN cheat that way. I was more thinking out loud when I was typing earlier. That type of behavior (and the type I just displayed) are really aggravating to me in games. Sorry to take it so seriously at first. Most of the cheating I'm referring to is DN's behavior after being killed. Why act that way? And I had been following the game pretty closely and was surprised to see the last two Scum caught. I know Griggs was flying way under the radar and that can be pretty suspicious, but there were others only making a couple of posts a day and he investigated as Town since he was the Godfather. Fred Fred Burger was playing an excellent, nearly flawless, game up to that point. You can tell he put in a lot of work and nobody said why they were voting against him. Which is not a great way to play.

On a side note, the first 24 hours is for people to make accusation since we all play across different time zones. That way people have time to defend themselves before voting starts and they don't log in to being lynched already. So, if you have an accusation it's a courtesy to the player being accused to make that accusation during the first 24 hours. There shouldn't be any surprise votes. Otherwise, the day would be 24 hours shorter.

As for my own behavior after learning this info, sorry. I have a tendency to boo things. My reaction may seem extreme, but poor sportsmanship is my single-most intolerable behavior. Still, flying off the handle doesn't help either, and for that I apologize, especially to Nightshroud. I don't mean to accuse you of cheating, especially since I don't know what was happening in the first place. I don't know either of you and jumping to a conclusion is unfair. Please accept my sincere apology.

I'm not quite ready to apologize to DN. In that instance, I'm calling it how I see it. I have no respect for the way you handled the end of the game. I don't understand why you knew who the vigilante and investigator were and didn't tell your team. Even if you felt betrayed in the end, how did you know the information you knew and why keep it from them? That's just weird. You couldn't see that if your team supported you at that point, they would give themselves away as Scum?

As far as the whole Town goes, please understand I'm not accusing the whole Town of cheating. Don't let my booing take the fun out of the game for you. It was an awesome game and a lot of great stuff happened. Badboy did an excellent job as his first time hosting. The entire rant earlier is mostly against DN. I am a little confused as to how DN gave that information out and the final two Scum were immediately caught. So help me understand. Why did the Town turn on Fred Fred Burger after his game was so solid and what were the suspicions against Griggs? Following the game doesn't show me what's happening behind the scenes, so how did the Town reach these decisions if not for the info given to them by DN?

Sorry. I talked to badboy about what happened and now I can see better how it all occurred. It's aggravating to see DN cheat that way. I was more thinking out loud when I was typing earlier. That type of behavior (and the type I just displayed) are really aggravating to me in games. Sorry to take it so seriously at first. Most of the cheating I'm referring to is DN's behavior after being killed. Why act that way? And I had been following the game pretty closely and was surprised to see the last two Scum caught. I know Griggs was flying way under the radar and that can be pretty suspicious, but there were others only making a couple of posts a day and he investigated as Town since he was the Godfather. Fred Fred Burger was playing an excellent, nearly flawless, game up to that point. You can tell he put in a lot of work and nobody said why they were voting against him. Which is not a great way to play.

On a side note, the first 24 hours is for people to make accusation since we all play across different time zones. That way people have time to defend themselves before voting starts and they don't log in to being lynched already. So, if you have an accusation it's a courtesy to the player being accused to make that accusation during the first 24 hours. There shouldn't be any surprise votes. Otherwise, the day would be 24 hours shorter.

As for my own behavior after learning this info, sorry. I have a tendency to boo things. My reaction may seem extreme, but poor sportsmanship is my single-most intolerable behavior. Still, flying off the handle doesn't help either, and for that I apologize, especially to Nightshroud. I don't mean to accuse you of cheating, especially since I don't know what was happening in the first place. I don't know either of you and jumping to a conclusion is unfair. Please accept my sincere apology.

I'm not quite ready to apologize to DN. In that instance, I'm calling it how I see it. I have no respect for the way you handled the end of the game. I don't understand why you knew who the vigilante and investigator were and didn't tell your team. Even if you felt betrayed in the end, how did you know the information you knew and why keep it from them? That's just weird. You couldn't see that if your team supported you at that point, they would give themselves away as Scum?

As far as the whole Town goes, please understand I'm not accusing the whole Town of cheating. Don't let my booing take the fun out of the game for you. It was an awesome game and a lot of great stuff happened. Badboy did an excellent job as his first time hosting. The entire rant earlier is mostly against DN. I am a little confused as to how DN gave that information out and the final two Scum were immediately caught. So help me understand. Why did the Town turn on Fred Fred Burger after his game was so solid and what were the suspicions against Griggs? Following the game doesn't show me what's happening behind the scenes, so how did the Town reach these decisions if not for the info given to them by DN?

Thanks for the advice, supporting accusations is definitely something I and others should have done more often. :blush:

I killed Griggs because she seemed to be flying under the radar as you said, Also Etzel suggested her as a suspect; I also believed she was suspicious. So I killed her :tongue:

Aliandro was tricky, I suspected he might have been scum before the whole DN affair, yet after Aliandro messaged me and we started talking I didn't suspect him as much. He knew I was the vigilante and said he had known for awhile. Thus, I assumed if he were scum he would have killed me. He also offered to "die for the town" several times, really clever. :thumbup:

In the end, it was between him and darkdragon; they both wanted each other dead. I eneded up going with my original hunch and voted for him, as well as others.

I must add however, that DN helped push me over to this conclusion :sadnew: Especially since the other 3 people he told me about were all correct in their allegiances.

Yet, my contingency plan was to kill Aliandro at night, if I voted for Darkdragon or vice-versa, if Aliandro was town.

I don't mean to toot my own horn (really, I don't), but I *was* killed by Nightshroud during the night after DN called Fred and I out. I don't much feel like going back through the threads again, and I know my name was on Eiker's supposed scum list from Day 3, along with Fred and JMB, but I am curious as to your reasons for targeting me. Did I just draw the short straw? Or was there something I did that caused you to target me? If there was, I'd like to fix it for next time :tongue:

Also, I think it is worth noting, and probably relevant to your question, Hinck, that Nightshroud used the situation with Dorothea, and how Fred and I in particular handled it, to defend himself and turn suspicions toward Fred on Day 4, page 2. Even if DN's information-leak didn't weigh into the N3 decisions, it definitely affected the outcome from there. He admitted to being scum in D3, which turned out to be true, then claimed I was scum, which also turned out to be true. He was 2 for 2 so far. What's the chance he threw a random name in there? The evidence, however ridiculously it may have been obtained, pointed to Fred.

Quick edit:

Especially since the other 3 people he told me about were all correct in their allegiances.

Wait, so DN told you three people? You killed JediAnakin on the second night.. did DN tell you about him, that early? Or are you including DN as part of his list of three, so, DN, FFB, and myself?

Edited by swils

Well I think badboy knows that myself and the small group I was working with were suspecting Fred before any of the mess with DN started, we were just beginning to suspect him. We had also been suspecting Eiker and Griggs that same day that we voted Eiker off and Griggs was killed. K-Nut was offline for that day I think so he only came on to vote but Etzel and I were talking a lot about what Nightschroud was sending us and we were not sure to trust him but not wanting to be killing a townie (though we still ended up killing a townie that day :cry_sad: )

As far as the killing of Fred, and thus the last of the scum - at least for me it was really tough because I was strongly beginning to suspect Bricksandparts and even mentioned in a message to Nightschroud that I thought either Bricksandparts or Fred was the last scum or they both were. That's I think where it came up the question about if we kill the last scum will the game end or will there still be a night action (since I think neither of us wanted an innocent to get killed at night if we voted out the last scum).

I don't know but we could make all the private PMs public if that's what people need to see. I have no idea how to do that except copy/paste though and it is 7 pages of conversations.

DN was wrong about the cop, since I was the cop.

Edited by darkdragon

Thanks for the advi... Aliandro at night, if I voted for Darkdragon or vice-versa, if Aliandro was town.

I don't mean to toot... true. He was 2 for 2 so far. What's the chance he threw a random name in there? The evidence, however ridiculously it may have been obtained, pointed to Fred.

Thanks, guys. It's better having a discussion. I've reached out to a couple of you by PM and it's nice to hear that you guys understand there's at least a bit of fun sarcasm in my spaz booing fest. :blush: Sorry I didn't start out with a more thoughtful discussion before booing. I was in a hurry and booing got my feelings across faster.

This is great insight to what was happening. Nightshroud, thanks for being so honest about what DN the douche told you and how it affected your game. I understand how that information could change your game either way. Unfortunately, I think DN meant to double-cross his team. Let the intelligent conversation continue!... seasoned with booing where necessary, of course. :blush:

Hinck, stop with your booing and give us a conclusion!!!!

Everyone else, good intro game. This is the thread that I've followed the most closely so far :blush: , but I read a good the beginning and ending of each day and at least a few pages of each day, and you all played a good game from what I can tell! Also, boo to cheaters and sore losers. I have a whole rant prepared about it for another topic... if Hinck ever puts it up.

Finally, Badboy, loved the theme, loved the hosting. Spot on! :thumbup:

Hinck, stop with your booing and give us a conclusion!!!!

Everyone else, good intro game. This is the thread that I've followed the most closely so far :blush: , but I read a good the beginning and ending of each day and at least a few pages of each day, and you all played a good game from what I can tell! Also, boo to cheaters and sore losers. I have a whole rant prepared about it for another topic... if Hinck ever puts it up.

Finally, Badboy, loved the theme, loved the hosting. Spot on! :thumbup:

Sorry Sir. I am trying to get that conclusion up. This fiasco has stolen my attention a bit. Sowwy!!! :blush:

I think to clarify the situation, it should be stated that DN didn't cheat, at least not according to the rules, he just chose poorly on the information that he leaked. No one can comment on his motives since he hasn't posted them yet. For all we know he intentionally and innocently tried to employ reverse psychology by giving away his team. Everything beyond this is speculation and personal preference of game tactics.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Sorry Sir. I am trying to get that conclusion up. This fiasco has stolen my attention a bit. Sowwy!!! :blush:

Haha. It's okay. I'm just teasing. :wub: Anyone who has been in a Quest/Mafia I've hosted can attest to the fact that I'm slow as all hell. I'm staying up just to comment on it though! And finish my art homework.

Congratulations to all the winners! :thumbup: Even if there was a li'l bit of controversy in the ending, I'm pretty sure everyone who survived (and even some of those who didn't) put their best foot forward and the winners deserved their well-earned victories (and it's nice to see Town winning again after quite some time). I think one of the best lessons you can learn from mafia school, or even in regular games, is how nothing beats working hard for your team knowing that you did your best out there.

Kudos to you badboy for doing great for your first hosting job. I simply love the circus set-up and those colorful characters. Though if I may offer some constructive criticism, the quality of the avatars seem to be not up to par as with the other games, in terms of clarity and resolution (and then we have DN not knowing how to resize his avatar :tongue:). And sorry for sounding like Hincklestein here, but I also observed some minor spelling errors. But those are just minor and overall as a new host you did well handling the new players.

Lastly, I can't help but not point out how the C&D thread has been closed several times. I don't exactly understand how some of the players do not get/read the rules. The previous two mafia school students seemed to have not experienced this problem. This might not sound good, but I assume it has something to do with other players being "under-aged"? Sorry that is just how I interpret what happened...

I think to clarify the situation, it should be stated that DN didn't cheat, at least not according to the rules, he just chose poorly on the information that he leaked. No one can comment on his motives since he hasn't posted them yet. For all we know he intentionally and innocently tried to employ reverse psychology by giving away his team. Everything beyond this is speculation and personal preference of game tactics.

I would agree with that if it hadn't been revealed that DN told his team off before leaving the game. There's a difference between what you're describing and what he did. Revealing your team with reverse psychology takes teamwork. He didn't tell them he did it. The host had to step in and let them know something odd had happened. This wasn't a team plan, it seems to have been a sore loser throwing a fit. Fits should consist of booing only. :tongue:

Badboy, you handled this situation very well. Badboy has been explaining to me the PM conversations that happened with him and the players over this. :wacko: I'm glad I didn't have to deal with it. Badboy, excellent work overall and especially with this weird situation. I guess cheater is the wrong term to use. Poor sport or sore loser is much better. Or The Douche. :blush: I still like that one.

Congratulations to all the winners! :thumbup: Even if there was a li'l bit of controversy in the ending, I'm pretty sure everyone who survived (and even some of those who didn't) put their best foot forward and the winners deserved their well-earned victories (and it's nice to see Town winning again after quite some time). I think one of the best lessons you can learn from mafia school, or even in regular games, is how nothing beats working hard for your team knowing that you did your best out there.

Kudos to you badboy for doing great for your first hosting job. I simply love the circus set-up and those colorful characters. Though if I may offer some constructive criticism, the quality of the avatars seem to be not up to par as with the other games, in terms of clarity and resolution (and then we have DN not knowing how to resize his avatar :tongue:). And sorry for sounding like Hincklestein here, but I also observed some minor spelling errors. But those are just minor and overall as a new host you did well handling the new players.

Lastly, I can't help but not point out how the C&D thread has been closed several times. I don't exactly understand how some of the players do not get/read the rules. The previous two mafia school students seemed to have not experienced this problem. This might not sound good, but I assume it has something to do with other players being "under-aged"? Sorry that is just how I interpret what happened...

I'm a little jealous that I wasn't able to pull off such eloquence today. :blush: Well put. :thumbup:

I would agree, it wasn't cheating, just very much against the spirit of the game. But I believe DN had plenty of time to make clear his actions, at the very least to his own team. Twice on the writeboard, I asked for his plan or motives. One of those times I put it quite bluntly, in the form of "FU Guys" or "Don't worry, I've got this." Even when he replied to us, all he did was give us information he should have given us sooner, and tell Fred that he "would never forgive" him. We aren't daft--the idea that he could be trying to use reverse psychology definitely occurred to us. In fact, as I mentioned earlier, he was following a course of action similar to one I had brought up, but made clear that I thought was a risky/poor choice. There was no further debate or discussion about the merits of pursuing such a plan. Throughout the voting/lynching of DN, we actively tried to understand what he was doing, to get him to clue us in as to whether or not he was with or against us.

If he *really* didn't mean this maliciously, then he deserves a poor grade for utterly failing to communicate, at the very least. And if he *did* mean it maliciously, well, that speaks for itself.

I would agree, it wasn't cheating, just very much against the spirit of the game. But I believe DN had plenty of time to make clear his actions, at the very least to his own team. Twice on the writeboard, I asked for his plan or motives. One of those times I put it quite bluntly, in the form of "FU Guys" or "Don't worry, I've got this." Even when he replied to us, all he did was give us information he should have given us sooner, and tell Fred that he "would never forgive" him. We aren't daft--the idea that he could be trying to use reverse psychology definitely occurred to us. In fact, as I mentioned earlier, he was following a course of action similar to one I had brought up, but made clear that I thought was a risky/poor choice. There was no further debate or discussion about the merits of pursuing such a plan. Throughout the voting/lynching of DN, we actively tried to understand what he was doing, to get him to clue us in as to whether or not he was with or against us.

If he *really* didn't mean this maliciously, then he deserves a poor grade for utterly failing to communicate, at the very least. And if he *did* mean it maliciously, well, that speaks for itself.

One thing I've learned from the team set-up in our own mafia game is to always make sure that what you do/say or plan to do/say is always for the benefit of the team and one should always coordinate with his teammates. When you're scum, or part of a team, you should always be on "TEAM Mode" rather than "Individual Mode". For the gravely outnumbered scum team, every member's contributions is essential, and one bad apple can really spoil the lot. Unfortunately, DN failed in that 'teamwork' aspect.

Over all this was a really fun game to watch, and I look forward to playing with some of you guys in a future mafia game :devil: ! I hope that everyone enjoyed playing the game as much as I did watching it, even with some of the supposeded behind the scenes action :sceptic: .

badboy especially deserves a round of applause for his excellent hosting. In short your setting and characters were all unique well thought out, and memorable.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I do feel the urge to add that the town core was allready suspecting the remaining scum members of being scum, without knowing what DN said. So they were on the right path.

I wish DN would come over to this topic and give his opinion on the whole matter.

I had a blast hosting this game. Only sore thing would have to be that I was in a different timezone than most of the players. So most of the stuff that went on in the C&D topic was handled by Hinck, while I was sleeping. For that I would like to thank Hinck of course. I hope my next C&D topic doesn't turn into such a hot mess.

I had so much fun playing this game even though I died in Night 2. Kudos to badboy and Hinckley for being so patient with us newbies and the amount of meta-gaming in the game. I think I have much room to improve especially when I balls'd up Day 2 with my meta-gaming resulting in the thread being locked. :blush: Thank you badboy for hosting such a fun game!

Name: Jimbob

Player: Jedi master Brick

Affiliation: Town

clown_1.jpg_thumb.jpg

Background story:

As a kid you were constantly bullied due to the fact that you are a little person. When you reached adulthood you decided to join the circus. Here you feel at home. You have a secret crush on Elisabeth the lovely assistant.

You have no night actions. Please use this PM to ask any questions or discuss the game with the host. Thanks for joining and I hope you enjoy this Mafia School experience.

And once again thanks for letting me play, I hope to play more mafia soon.

Seems like Darthnihilius has caused quite a bit of a mess... Sad to have this overshadow the conclusion of the game...

Anyways, here's my role PM :sweet:.

Name: Zezili

Player: Cecilie

Affiliation: Town

clown_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

Background story:

You’ve always been the class clown. So when it was time for you to choose your carrier you chose to become a clown. Your parents weren’t thrilled at first but they had to admit that you were very talented. After that they were supportive of your choice.

Here you find a the whole game summarized down to the basics that went on during the 5 days. Also you will find your grade here. There are 3 different grades:

Pass: You did an ok to amazing job and are ready for a full blown game. I do advise you to study mafiascum.net for the more complicated roles.

Undecided: You were either voted of on the first day or you contributed to little for me to let you pass. THis doesn't mean you did a bad job. It just means I didn't see enough of you to let you pass. So please sign up for another Mafia School game before you can enter the full blown games. Players who got the undecided grade will be recommended to the host of the next Mafia School Game by yours truly.

Fail: You didn't do such an amazing job. Either because you didn't follow the rules, which were clearly stated more than once, or because you didn't even try to defend yourself when you got accused by someone.

Grades are not up for discussion

Day 1

At first everyone was voting for Jimbob/Jedimasterbrick based on his looks and/or act. Jimbob/Jedimasterbrick was the first one to not hop on the bandwagon but to vote for someone else, namely Gingeroono/Gingerwookie. Unfortunately both suspects were Town. While most people hop on the Gingeroono/Gingerwookie bandwagon, even his boyfriend Joshua/Bricksandparts, Elisabeth/Etzel(doctor) follows her gut and votes for Dorothea/Darthnihilius(scum) because of her whole role playing charade. You were actually the only one to vote for a member of the Scum. Stephanie/Swils(scum) is the only one to vote for Jimbob/Jedimasterbrick.

Night actions:

Elisabeth/Etzel(doctor) protects Aliandro/Fred Fred Burger(scum) probably because he had been acting as the voice of reason all day.

Mattilda/Darkdragon(cop) investigates Barnabo/K-nut because he had been accused at the beginning of the day and he was very defensive during the day.

Norbert/Nightshroud99(vigilante) kills Zezili/Cecilie for not participating in the discussion, which is an ok reason if you don’t have any other strong leads.

Gabrielle/Griggs(scum godfather) kills Wilhelmina/Wuntin. Not sure why because she wasn’t such a prominent figure on day 1.

Rinus/JediAnakin(scum blocker) blocks Tora/Eiker86. The scum thinks she is a non vanilla towny. I can only guess that this has something to do with her act in the circus.

Grades:

Wuntin – Wilhelmina – Undecided

I would have loved to see you play a couple of days more. For me it is really difficult to grade someone on just one day of game play. Therefore the score is undecided. You only had a few post, but the things you posted were meaningful. You didn’t hop on the bandwagon right away, you waited for Gingerwookies defense before placing your own vote. I would advise you to sign in to the next mafia school game because it looks like you could be a really good player. I will recommend you to the next mafia school game host.

Cecilie – Zezili – Undecided

Same thing goes for you. It is hard to base a grade on just one day of gameplay. It looks like you were doing OK. You didn’t immediately hop on the Gingerwookie bandwagon. You doubted for a little while. My advice is to play another Mafia School Game before you sign up for an all star game. I will recommend you to the next mafia school game host.

Gingerwookie – Gingeroono – Fail

You were voted off for no reason what so ever. Instead of defending yourself you chose to do nothing as it would look like you were innocent. Although that I really appreciate originality this is not the way to go. You could have easily changed their mind if you really tried. Against my better judgment I gave you some tips you could use to defend yourself but you didn’t use them at all. Therefore you failed this game. Try harder next time and remember to never give up!

Day 2

Mattilda/Darkdragon(cop) found out that Barnabo/K-nut is a member of town. So town didn’t get a clue to who might be scum and who might be town. In the C&D topic Mattilda/Darkdragon messes up and it becomes clear that she has a night action. This puts a mark on your head because the scum knows each other and now they know you are a non vanilla townie. The town doesn’t know if you are town or scum so they might try and lynch you for it. Luckily for you the only one who notices is Elisabeth/Etzel(doctor). The scum is somehow convinced that blocking Tora/Eiker86 was the right thing to do. The Benzini Brothers/UsernameMDM get accused, not of being scum but of being not very helpful for the town. Just like Gingerwookie UsernameMDM doesn’t really try that hard to prove their innocence. Everyone hops on the UsernameMDM bandwagon except Joshua/Bricksandparts who votes for Tora/Eiker86 without argumentation for his move. Tora/Eiker86, Rinus/JediAnakin(scum blocker) and Aliandro/Fred Fred Burger(scum) vote for Jimbob/Jedimasterbrick. Which might not have been the smartest idea.

I kill Shadows with an elephant. I let Shadows play just for fun to see how you would react. He wasn’t allowed to say anything not in public nor in private. If any of you were to vote for him or use your night action on him he would be mod killed. On day one nobody seemed to focus on him. On day two people did so that was the end of Mr Mime.

Night actions:

Elisabeth/Etzel(doctor) protects Mattilda/Darkdragon, a very wise move but somehow not necessarily needed.

Mattilda/Darkdragon(cop) investigates Dorothea(skum) because of the whole day 1 charade and the going back and forth with her accusations.

Norbert/Nightshroud99(vigilante) decides to kill JediAnakin(skum blocker) because he isn’t participating that much. If you still have no idea who might be town and who might be scum, rooting out the not so helpful players is a really good idea.

Gabrielle/Griggs(scum godfather) kills Patricia/Volcanicpanic.

JediAnakin blocks Tora/Eiker86 again, this time it doesn’t work because he gets murdered by Norbert/Nightshroud99.

Grades:

UsernameMDM – Benzini Brothers – Fail

You were one of the players who got into character the most. Which is good, but you really need to step up your game if you are accused of something. You didn’t defend yourself at all. That’s why you failed this game.

Volcanicpanic – Patricia – Undecided

You had some trouble with meta gaming but truth has to be told you were accused by a player every day and you immediately jumped on it and defended yourself. In future games be sure to ask your questions via pm just to be sure. I think it would be best if you tried out another Mafia School game before you go for the full blown big games. I will recommend you to the next mafia school game host.

JediAnakin – Rinus – Pass

On the scum writeboard you worked together to form one team. I would have love to have seen a little bit more of you in the daytime topic so it’s a little bit hard for me to grade you. I’ll let you pass.

Day 3

Darthnihilius gets 5 penalty votes for meta-gaming in the C&D topic. You guys have been warned enough I need to draw the line somewhere. So far I’ve been really lenient with the rules. At first I was doubting my decision, but town was going to lynch you anyway since you were investigated last night so my decision would disadvantage team Scum but it would be a great warning to the rest of the players. Darthnihilius chooses to accuse two of the three remaining Scums of being scum in the hope of the town thinking it’s a list and the two are actually town. I can only see this going the wrong way but heck let’s just watch how it unravels.

Night actions:

Elisabeth/Etzel (doctor) protects Mattilda/Darkdragon, very smart, she is the investigator after all.

Mattilada (cop) investigates Jimbob/Jedimasterbrick, understandable since he has been under fire for nearly the entire game.

Norbert/Nightshroud99 (vigilante) decides to kill Stephanie/Swils, a very wise decision based on analyzing her post in the past few days only.

Gabrielle/Griggs (scum godfather) kills Jimbob/Jedimasterbrick. I don’t know why you guys are focusing on Jimbob/Jedimasterbrick, I personally would have went for a more proactive townie.

Grades:

Darthnihilius – Dorothea – Fail

You took some mayor risks in this game and I personally would have voted for you on day one. This doesn’t mean that you are a bad play this means that you just need some practice. You might have done wonderful if you were a member of the town. As scum you didn’t do such a great job. You were in the spotlight nearly every day, and not in a good way. Plus you withheld information from your team and made some big decisions without checking with your teammates. I would advise you to try another mafia school game and I will recommend you to the next mafia school game host.

Jedi master brick – Jimbob – Pass

I am surprised that you managed to last so long in this game. Somehow Tora/Eiker8686 and team Scum was after you. I don’t know why because you didn’t do anything out of the extraordinary to be honest. You came across as just another vanilla townie. So I say pass.

Swils – Stephanie – Pass

You can be proud of yourself. You played the game wonderfully. I don’t know what team Scum would have done without you. You were able to direct a voting the way you wanted it and managed to hold yourself in every discussion. Bravo!

Day 4

Whow what a day. Votes went back and forth and I really got insane trying to keep track of all the unvotes. In a final move to help her fellow teammates Dorothea/Darthnihilius told Norbert/Nightshroud99 the Vigilante who were the other members of the town. Norbert/Nightshroud99 didn’t know what to do whether to trust her or not to trust her. He went with his gut feeling.

Night actions:

Elisabeth/Etzel (doctor) protects Mattilda/Darkdragon, again a smart move. Since you didn’t know if Norbert/Nightshroud99 was town or scum. If you were sure of Norbert/Nightshroud99s affiliation it might have been wiser to protect him.

Mattilda/Darkdragon (cop) investigates Norbert/Nightshroud99, understandable, he has been under fire during the day and claimed he is the Vigilante.

Norbert/Nightshroud99 (vigilante) kills Griggs, mostly thanks to a gut feeling and because Griggs had been flying under the radar.

Gabrielle/Griggs (godfather) kills Elisabeth/Etzel, a very wise move since I consider her to be one of the best town players. Too bad you didn’t do it sooner.

Grades:

Tora – Eiker86 – Fail

I still have the idea that you don’t fully grasp the idea of this game. During the entire game you came across as a very confused townie. If there were things you didn’t understand you could have send me a pm. You managed to stay alive for quite some time even though there had been a focus on you by some players for whatever reason (metagaming mostly). I think your gameplay would drasticly improve if you played one more mafia school game and I will recommend you to the next mafia school game host.

Elisabeth – Etzel – Pass

What would this game have been if it wasn’t for you. You protected the doctor since day 2 and formed a strong alliance together. You did an outstanding job and I was glad to have you.

Gabrielle – Griggs – Pass

I found it hard to grade you. You were flying under the radar for the entire duration of the game. You got into character nicely and it was very convincing. However I would have liked to have seen more of you on the writeboard. You’re the godfather, your team needs you. You nearly missed a kill once! Still I think you did a nice job!

Day 5

Well I honestly would have been surprised if this had ended any other way.

Grades:

Aliandro Fajji – Fred Fred Burger - Pass

You did an outstanding job. You weren’t the best scum member, that was Swils but you sure were a close second. You were one of the players with the most pro town approach to the game. Even if you had managed to change the voting around on the last day, the scum couldn’t have won the game. As it would have been 2-1 and the most of the town knew each other by then.

Mattilda – Darkdragon – Pass

You messed up in the beginning in the C&D topic. Thankfully the scum didn’t pick it up (at least not that I know of). Since day 2 you were protected by the doctor but you were never targeted by the scum. Which is good for you since it means the scum didn’t suspect you of being anything special. The cooperation between you and Elisabeth/Etzel went along smoothly. Together with Barnabo/K-nut you really were a team which is a luxury in these games.

Barnabo – K-nut- Pass

You were so lucky to be investigated during night 1. Otherwise you surely would have been lynched during day 2. You put in a lot of time and effort in working together with the doctor and the cop. Good work.

Joshua Igneo – Bricksandparts – Undecided

I’m sorry but I can’t let you pass. You have been flying under the radar the entire game, which probably wasn’t part of your tactic. You came across as a very confused townie. Which is most likely the reason no one voted you out and the scum never focused on you as their next target. I think you need to play another mafia school game before you try the full blown mafia games on this forum. I will recommend you to the next mafia school game host.

Norbert – Nightshroud99 – Pass

You did such an amazing job! You managed to kill 3 out of 5 scum members. You did a better job than the complete town together. And you had nothing else to go on than the comments in the day thread and your gut feeling. You even were accused of being scum yourself and at one point you had me worried that you might be lynched by the other players. You managed to turn the voting around and got to stay in the game. You did a wonderful job and any host should be happy if you signed up for their game.

Edited by badboytje88

Sign in to follow this