Yatkuu

Chemistry 101

A few weeks ago I read this post on how to make old yellowed white bricks look brand new again... so I did a couple of experiments myself and the results are really impressive! Here is a small tutorial/comic on how to achieve this.

oxy01.jpg

oxy02.jpg

oxy03.jpg

oxy04.jpg

oxy05.jpg

oxy06.jpg

oxy07.jpg

oxy08.jpg

oxy09.jpg

oxy10.jpg

oxy11.jpg

Please note that the colors have not been reworked with Photoshop. The bricks used as sample in this experiment are 20 years old and had to stay in a 30% peroxyde mixture to become white again. The colored parts have not been damaged in any way.

To conclude, here are 2 before/after shots:

before-after1.jpg

before-after2.jpg

If you wish to discuss the technique, please do so in the appropriate thread, this topic is only about the MOC/Comic.

Thanks for watching!

This was a blast to read. I do so enjoy the doctor's many expressions.

And Dave has to deal with enough dead, give him a break. :laugh:

Hilarious! Everything form the lab to the minifig positioning is just perfect. :thumbup:

And maybe Dave didn't die from the peroxide. It looks like he was attacked by a bear or something, too, judging from that horrific slash across his torso. :wink:

Thanks for the feedbacks!

And maybe Dave didn't die from the peroxide. It looks like he was attacked by a bear or something, too, judging from that horrific slash across his torso. :wink:

Hehe... This fig is an Old White Classic Space coming straight from my MF graveyard. I must have done that slash on the torso when I was a kid... No idea what I was trying to do... Perhaps remove the Classic Space logo... ah, kids...

:laugh: This made me laugh. Very funny and well done. (I especially laughed at the 'that's a win right' line).

Great work.

(I still have minifigs I painted with nail polish torsos and matching nail polish shoes from when I was a kid... ah kids...

Brilliant!

After digging some old sets out of the loft it seems there is alot of discolouration on the white bricks so I will give this a go! Cheers.

That was awesome. I'll have to do some cleaning myself this next summer. :blush: