Sign in to follow this  
Infomaniac

The Sarlacc

gallery_101_23_281.gif

The Sarlacc

6294980249_cd8e914645_z.jpg

"Although The Saralacc might seem old and battered on the outside, she's got more fight in her than the shiniest ship in the spaceport"- Ned Nebulae

The Sarlacc began her life as a Corellian Yt-1300 bulk cruiser, until she fell into the hands of Ned Nebulae in a high-stakes game of Sabac. Nebulae fell in love instantly, and immediately set to work revamping and re-modeling The Sarlacc into what it is today. Nebulae added 3 high military grade turbolasers, in addition to a new hyperdrive, shield system and engine complex.

The most important and notably addition to The Sarlacc was Nebulae's installation of 3 high power tractor beams. The Sarlacc's signature move is to catch a fleeing ship in her tractor beams and move the vessel in front of the ships forward facing weapons. This is what gives her the name Sarlacc, after the infamous Tatooine Sarlacc which stays stationary and drags its prey to it. Over the years, The Sarlacc has gained more and more battle scars, giving her hull a distinctive pattern of patches and pockmarks. Nebulae jokes that for every bounty he claims The Sarlacc gets a fresh coat of Durasteel, which is shurprisingly accurate.

Additional Views

6295509100_abfb9e6460_z.jpg

6294979107_8ed11b0a1f_z.jpg

6295508050_6375213fe0_z.jpg

Ned Nebulae

6294977553_e32b31dc82_z.jpg

The infamous bounty hunter and pilot of The Sarlacc, Ned Nebulae, grew up on the mean streets of Corellia. He began his career as a bounty hunter after winning his ship The Sarlacc in a high stakes game of Sabac. Shortly after aquiring his beloved ship, Nebulae suffered an accident while chasing a bounty that sliced half of his body off. Rumor has it that he rebuild himself, with the help of his crew mates EV-(2)R5 and Hank Sprocket, using the parts from an IG-100 series droid. Ever since his rebuilding, Nebulae has claimed a shocking 21 bounties, earning him an invite to the Bounty Hunter Guild, which he promptly turned down.

The Crew

6295506534_76864ae075_z.jpg

From left to right: EV-(2)R5, Ned Nebulae, Hank Sprocket

EV-(2)R5: The ship's droid computer and navigator. Famous for his reckless yet successful Hyperspace jumps and spinning maneuvers. EV-(2)R5's intelligence is comprised of an old EV-19 droid torso, 2 R5 series droid heads that all contribute to the droid's unique personality.

Ned Nebulae: The ship's captain and bounty hunter. Known for his cybernetic implants and his sharp shooting with his blaster pistol

Hank Sprocket: The ship's engineer. Sprocket is constantly repairing the ships 3 delicate tractor beams. Sprocket can also hold his own in any kind of skirmish or scuffle.

The Prisoner Hold

6294977883_efc33bfef7_z.jpg

Links

The images above are deeplinks to those same images on Flickr

The gallery of full images can be found here

Thanks for viewing, good luck to all in the contest, and don't forget to vote!

-infomaniac

Nice work! I love the beat-up look and the fact that it resembles a Tri-fighter. Thanks to that, it feels like it belongs in the SW universe, unlike most other entries. Good luck in the contest.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

I expected something completely different as the topic got me confused.

(I didnt read the subtitle 'bounty hunter MOC' :blush: )

Great ship, I love the simularity to the droid tri-fighter!

The engine is a nice touch. And the background story is well thought off.

Could you show us some pictures from the inside/interior?

Of course only when it has an interior.

So.....many......trans-light blue studs........ :wub:

This is exellent, now how am I going to compete with all these great entries? :sad: The similarity to a droid tri-fighter looks great, and the custom figs are one of the highlights of this MOC. Exellent job. :thumbup:

Wow great ship it's a Tri Droid on steroids. Those engines are mad, so many studs :wub:. I love it's back story :thumbup:.

Excellent is the right word to describe this piece of art. :wub: What a well-shaped and detailed ship, it has some kind of ''odd'' look over it, which seems perfect for a bounty hunter. The color scheme is sweet, very ''star-warsy'', I used the same scheme a couple of months back for an airspeeder I made. Lots of gray, and touches of dark blue and -tan. And I love the cannons. :thumbup:

The shaping is great, but the greebling, it's incredible. :wub: The outer hull is a perfect translation of the worn out, patched up look into LEGO form.

It looks really great. I'm sure making something this big with triangular is very hard but you did a fantastic job! :sweet:

Like I said on Flickr- fantastic build.

I certainly don't want to be in your region.

Oh wait I am :ugh:

Seriously really great build - really does evoke the SW realm. great job!

Though I'm curious how you achieved the triangular shape ?

It looks like a series of off set 1x4 technic bricks?

I like it, a fusion of Seperatist technology into this AWESOME bounty hunter ship.....may the Eurobrick be with you 'Infomaniac' always ! :grin:

So...many...trans... :wacko:

Cool ship, I really like the cast of characters. The ship looks like a Tri-Fighter on steroids. Favorite ship so far. Good luck! :thumbup:

So...many...trans... :wacko:

Cool ship, I really like the cast of characters. The ship looks like a Tri-Fighter on steroids. Favorite ship so far. Good luck! :thumbup:

The cast of characters, I agree, are very colourful and excellently put together!

This is awesome. I'm really liking the geometry here, and the cockpit is really cool. This also looks very sturdy, which I think is quite an achievement given its unorthodox shape. Nice work!

This is one heck of an amazing ship! :thumbup: :thumbup: The shape is amazing, and the curves in the "wings" are just awesome.