spacepilot3000

[UCS MOC] Escape from Docking Bay 327

An epic build! Well worth mention in the Jedi archives for sure.

So many great details to the build. I am just stunned. Great work!!

Oh my goodness!

I have to say a galactic big THANK YOU! for all this fantasic awesome feedback! THAT I've never thought... Thank you Eurobricks, this is a great confirmation for me and my project.

You'll never guess how many Bothans I had to kill, to get every information confidential till the end of my work ;-)

As a little update, I want to show you a short shot of the diorama, attached with the acrylic cover, and placed in my working (Lego) room:

DSC05271_thumb.jpg

And now the secret (what's no real secrect) about the glowing light saber. I have pictures from the first version of my diorama, but the technic behind getting glowing swords is the same as actually used ;-)

I used white very small SMD LED's from our german shop "Conrad Electronics". i think you should get SMD LEDs worldwide...

falke_04-1024x767.jpg

In the next step I drilled 1mm holes into the light saber handles:

falke_05.jpg

The SMD LED fits to the original LEGO intake for the transparent part of the saber:

falke_06-1024x767.jpg

At last I fixed both parts with one drop of cyanoacrylate adhesive, but it also works fine without this step, if you don't shake the whole thing too much.

Voila! Give it power, a 470Ohm resistor and 12V, and it glows fine!

falke_07-1024x767.jpg

Regards,

Spacepilot3000

One hundred percent amazing. :thumbup: It looks even better with the LEDs. I can't tell from the pictures but how far is this raised up from the ground?

I'm finding it difficult to appreciate how big that must actually be. Absolutely fantastic :wub:

One hundred percent amazing. :thumbup: It looks even better with the LEDs. I can't tell from the pictures but how far is this raised up from the ground?

We have 88cm from the ground to the bottom of the base plate, and over all with cover it as a height of 1,29m.

The socket is made of table legs, acrylic plates and a selfmade plotted StarWars sticker.

Wow I never noticed how big the shuttle was, until then. Incredible collection spacepilot3000 :drool:.

This is incredible! I really like the amount of detail you put into the dock. I even noticed that you added an extra wheel on R2-D2. :thumbup: You have a wonderful collection as well.

Edited by Hiawatha

I'm literally speechless on this creation. *huh*

The details, the sheer scale, everything is perfect. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I had the following reaction: *huh**oh2*:wub:

Shock, taking the details in, and soaking in what is the one of the best SW MOCs I have ever seen.

This is incredible. All of the detail... The scenes, attention to the specifics. Amazing!! I am not sure words could fully justify this MOC. Amazing work.

I must say my favorite part is the skeleton though that is an awesome touch. Wonderful work!

This is amazing, the detailling :wub:*oh2* , it's to bad i don't have SW-lego's....but still i can't make something this beautifull *huh*

Edited by De Sandman

Wow. This must be one of THE best Star Wars MOCs i've ever seen. every thing is perfect. Truly well done. :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is awesome!The wet floor thing is really funny. :laugh: .I find it odd that Luke is smiling.I am starting a mini version of this same scene.

Jesus Christ man, what a collection!!!! :cry_happy:

The MOC is astonishing as it is but the whole room - WWOOWW! It blew me away!

There are some really nice UCS models out there, and I see one of my favourites the Y-wing on one of the pics.

Brilliant work with the MOC!

Great display btw. Are those IKEA shelves and curio cabinets? I was in IKEA the other day and noticed some that looked like that and thought they would be great for displaying Lego. Great setup, thanks for sharing pics of your outstanding Lego room. I hope to setup something along those lines.

Edited by mrfootball

Great display btw. Are those IKEA shelves and curio cabinets? I was in IKEA the other day and noticed some that looked like that and thought they would be great for displaying Lego. Great setup, thanks for sharing pics of your outstanding Lego room. I hope to setup something along those lines.

Yes, cabinets and shelves are "Expedit" and "detolf" from IKEA :sweet:. This Expedit stuff is perfect for displaying LEGO, and it is also possible to reconstruct the shelves.

please do a brickfilm in this amazing scenery!!!

I use the IKEA units too for my sons bedroom. Great for Lego displays.

That is one fantastic MOC, words cannot describe the awe I'm in !!! Terrific work

Have to say, I'm certainly jealous, I don't think I could ever build something of that size and detail, :cry_sad::cry_sad:

No but seriously fantastic work, :sweet::sweet:

Edited by The Batman

Awesome, simply awesome! :thumbup: The wet floor gag was hilarious. :laugh: I wonder though: is that skeleton supposed to be someone in particular, or just some random dead guy?

-Toa Of Justice