Sign in to follow this  
The0

MOC Architecture - Centre Pompidou

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi, this is my first Architecture MOC.

The Centre Georges Pompidou is located in the 4th arrondissement of Paris. It was built in 1977 by the architects Renzo Piano and Richard Rogers.

6291518236_d99c48ee31_z.jpg

6290998025_8504fd706c_z.jpg

6290998431_c1ce645318_z.jpg

Hope you like it ! :classic:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I like it! If I remember correctly, the Pompidou centre was the first (well-known) example of an 'inside-out' building, where many of the building's functional elements are on display on the outside, and picked out in vibrant colours in this case. I know of a number of similar constructions since (there's one in the City of London but I don't know what it's called).

I can't remember what the Pompidou centre looks like from all sides; I like the way you've picked out the colourful pipes on one side, but the rest of the building looks a little bland. Do you have any reference pictures for us to compare?

I like it! If I remember correctly, the Pompidou centre was the first (well-known) example of an 'inside-out' building, where many of the building's functional elements are on display on the outside, and picked out in vibrant colours in this case. I know of a number of similar constructions since (there's one in the City of London but I don't know what it's called).

That would be the Lloyd's Building, which, like the Pompidou, was designed by Richard Rogers. :classic:

Very nice MOC of a very complex building, you've captured it's look very well. :thumbup:

Thanks for your comments!

I like the way you've picked out the colourful pipes on one side, but the rest of the building looks a little bland.

That's true there is not a lot of details on my creation : I wanted to keep the look of the official Architecture sets wich have few details :wink:

Interresting project and well done micro-scale. I seem to remember it having even more "guts" and colours showing on the outside.

For me, the building was surprisingly empty and boring on the inside. Your inside SNOT-techniques might be more interessting than the real building! lol

Hi

the colorful side reminds me a lot of my last Paris visit 1998. I was amazed how brave the architecs have been to put such a building neerby famous old landmark. That will only (or at first) happen in Paris!

But are not the colorful tubings also horizontal and not only vertical?

Dino

Hi The0,

I really like your model of the centre pompidou and I probably have a pretty awkward question for big lego fans. My friends who are going to get married soon are big fans of lego and told me one time that they would love to build the centre pompidou. Since I am not very talented and don't think that i can manage to build such a nice model myself, I wanted to ask you if you have any construction plan for this specific model or if you would be even willing to sell it to huge fans of this work.

I hope I don't offend anybody with this post.

I am very happy to hear from you.

Thanks a lot!

Since 'T's only come in light grey, I can understand why it's difficult to make horizontal pipes... What about the old space 'guns' and robot arms?

Both of these are available in blue, red, yellow and green:

4735.jpg?1

3959.jpg

Might work if you can get your hands on them?

Edited by rollermonkey