Sign in to follow this  
ApophisV

New city set for september 2005

I was wrong.............2005 isent a good year for Lego................ITS FANTASTIC lol

Sorry to shout, but wow Lego has done well so far... *satis*

It is so impressive how 2005 is going on ! I jut can't wait to get all the sets :)

Did anyone see this?

7740.jpg

Found it on the lowlug site, where the Viking pic is from. Looks like a good train.

Steve

That truck is huge! :oD

Hopefully we'll get more pics of these sets soon!

It is an old set. I can barely imagine lego releasing it without any modification (the train track is not working with new trains). Anyway, it would be nice to see this train again since it was great set

Is this truck part of the world city line? It looks great none-the-less! :)

We are overwhelmed with news at the moment! 2005 is THE year of Lego!

Jon.

Would someone be kind enough to show me the prototype image of the construction set with the stationary crane and small dump truck?

The truck is massive, like one of those trucks only made for a certain area.

Yes it is. Thank you. I wanted to compare but I was stupid to delete that picture before. I would have preferred the prototype more. :/

WOW! that big truck is awesome! :oo Now it is time to buy some Dark grey bricks so I can build a mine.

I love the 7243 prototype. The new version is cool but I would like to see the prototype make it to the shelf.

Did anyone see this?

7740.jpg

Found it on the lowlug site, where the Viking pic is from. Looks like a good train.

Steve

There isn't anyone over here who can read Dutch right? ;)

He's talking about that it's 25 years ago that this set is released. Nobody is talking about a rumour that the set is being released as a legend. Though it would be nice of course :-D

I thought I'd mention ;)

Greetz, Saskia

www.lowlug.nl

edit: typo

Hehe, I had my last Dutch lesson 2 years ago.... But: To say my Dutch is very very bad would be way to positive to describe the situation... :$

I am going to go against the flow here and say that I do not really like this truck.

Now, before you all tar and feather me, let me explain why. Just look at the tipper part. One big, fat, ugly premold. Now, there is really no convienient way around this problem, so I understand why Lego put it there. However, I would really have no use for it. It is a cool *looking* set, but just not a very practical one for the MOC enthusiast

Now, before you all tar and feather me,

Just to say we never do that here :) I agree with you on the big fat yellow part. But you know, as a model it is great. Now for MOC pieces, it just plainy sucks.

I don't see a lot of use fr this truck, even in a town, but I find it so huge :D Im sure I won't resist :|

jipay, it's not meant for a town! It seems that we're almost get a MINE construction sub-theme this time, what with the rock grinder set that was recently leaked and now this mine truck! That truck is selectively used for huge mines, nothing else. Guess I'll have to put a mine site outside of town! :-D