So two days before going to Legoworld I wanted to build a small unimog. After buidlinge entire night here is what I came up with:

p1170518.jpg

p1170520.jpg

p1170521.jpg

Features:

Pernament all wheel drive

Working live axle suspension on both axles

Working fake I4 engine

Motorized bed lift and rear PTO

Optional front PTO powered by wheels.

Here is the mechanics from under:

p1170527.jpg

p1170524.jpg

Depending how you attach the bed with pins the bed can be tilted bacwards:

p1170525.jpg

Or sideways:

p1170526.jpg

The rear PTO is powered by a switching emchanism that switches power between bed lifting and PTO:

p1170523.jpg

Later while recording I noticed a possibility of a front PTO drive from the engine via the wheels:

p1170529.jpg

I made both versions in LDD:

ldd.jpg

NORMAL VERSION LDD

ldd-front_pto.jpg

FRONT PTO VERSION

EDIT: Link wont work, so here it is: www.brickshelf.com/gallery/zblj/Minimog/minimog-frontpto.lxf

Also check the video:

Hope you guys will try make one and play arround with different attachments.

Edited by Zblj

It's a nice concept and your unimog seems to be very playable but I'm not fan of its look and how it's build ( the frame doens't seem very clean, maybe due to all these different colors, or is it just the way it is built?).

It 's nice, very nice. All these functions in such a small model.

Looks are ok too. :sweet:

Especially when considering you build it in just one night!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by bord4kop

Very nice "Minimog" Zblj. I like how you managed to fit all those features in a small model. Well done. :thumbup:

Very nice unimog zblj :sweet:, i do think the rear end and the front ends needs a wee bit more work.:thumbup:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I took some time today to try an figure out how to make this unimog rc by connecting the rear pto system through the gear train to the motor an wheels. Steering was direct drive to the front rack. The shift ring is still inside the vehicle to be toggles a rubber band would be used to keep it in drive until you want to flip the switch to dump the bed.

unimogrcmod.jpg

Very nice creation!! I true expert builder like you is able to make technic creations at any scale, and pull it off well.

tim

@ Zblj: Maybe your "Black Wolf" and Minimog can have a Tug-of-War battle at LegoWorld! :tongue:

@ T_Tank: Can you share the LDD .lxf file of the Minimog's RC version? Here's how to do it: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58423 .

EDIT: T_Tank sent me a message with this link to the MinimogRCmod .lxf file: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/T-Tank/Randomstuff/minimogrcmod.lxf . :classic:

Edited by DLuders

Like to see how well the rc conversion works since i don't have the physical parts atm to see how well it operates so post pics guys!

I'm not usually one for Technic, but this is a really nice little model, and would make a great companion set to the LEGO Unimog. I like the functionality of it, and I really like how tough and durable it looks.

kinda hope someone can test out the rc version for any bugs that might be in the lxf in terms of gearing <,<

Wow, nicw to see it get so popular and already modifyed! As seen by T-Tank you can easily put PF M motor inside. Now here is my suggestion:

Put the old 9V battery box out and put two M motors side by side. They can be both used for driving, or one for drive and other for steering. There is much room on the back for a PF battery box

Edited by Zblj

Wow, nicw to see it get so popular and already modifyed! As seen by T-Tank you can easily put PF M motor inside. Now here is my suggestion:

Put the old 9V battery box out and put two M motors side by side. They can be both used for driving, or one for drive and other for steering. There is much room on the back for a PF battery box

I've taken apart temporarly a few of my mocs to see how the gear box would hold an atm the motor seams to pop out under load so I'll put a updated LXF up later this evening with the fixes. I was thinking about putting both motors side by side on the frame but then the rear dump bed would not be able to stay in place an remain functional.

edit--

Here is a update to the rc minimog with some gear reductions at the axles an return to center steering an the biggest fix is a different bracket for the M motor that drives the auxiliary an drive train so it doesn't fall out. rc minimog v2

Edited by T_Tank

Update for the rc lxf file now at v3 now with XL motor drive an pneumatic system to lift the bed up an down (switches not shown in the lxf unsure how to make the old style pneumatic switches)

V3 rc minimog

BTW the physical model i'm using to test these modifications

CameraZOOM-20111103150600648.jpg

More to come as I figure out how to put together some implements for the pto on the front an rear an when I get the PPTO parts from bricklink.