Hinckley

LEGO DC Minifig Review...and raffle!

No...why?

I think because it's a requirement for the DC Superheroes contest.

Oooo, a raffle! :excited:. I'm gonna have to try to enter something into this, those figures are supercool! :wub_drool:

It's going to be a super-month! :classic:

two contests... with upwards of THREE entries from everyone.

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with :grin:

These minifigs are wonderful :oh:

where must be posted the entries?

I think because it's a requirement for the DC Superheroes contest.

Not this one, though. You are encouraged to enter the DC legosuperheroes.com contest as well, but it is not a requirement.

These minifigs are wonderful :oh:

where must be posted the entries?

Post them in this thread please.

Can I enter? I really want to but I joined a few days after the deadline... :cry_sad:

Sorry. Rules are rules. :cry_sad: We'll have other raffles in the future. Stick around! :thumbup:

Regarding the Green Lantern (Hal Jordan, presumably) minifig and design choices:

* It appears that TLG followed the 2011 movie's "energy suit emphasizes the musculature" look ...

* ...but oddly, the muscle fibers are printed in black, instead of a light color as though lit from within (except at the perimeter of the chest-logo).

* Also from the movie: green gloves, instead of comic-traditional white.

* They've economized by printing only heads and torsos, not the legs (as with many Kingdom minifigs) or the arms (as with a few Star Wars characters).

* Dark green instead of black.

For an alternative take: I created custom decals for a Green Lantern Corps vignette in the DelVaLUG display at the Wizard World Philadelphia comic book expo (June 2011). I picked white for the background of the chest-symbol (unlike TLG's lime-green), and light green for the muscle fibers. In the one photo I have easily to hand, you unfortunately can't see those details -- everyone's crowded together. (John Stewart, in the lower left, is an earlier custom design, per the "Justice League" cartoon.) And my brick-built alien Lanterns aren't too clear, either. (Yes, the Corps has recruited Space Police III and Alien Conquest figures for their respective Space Sectors. Also one of the "claw" squeaky-aliens from "Toy Story," which very much amused our young visitors.)

5889789844_7fff25b7cf_m_d.jpg

(Click photo for the image on Flickr; entire convention set)

(Yes, this means I already have all the structures I need to enter the EB raffle and legosuperheroes.com contest. What am I waiting for?)

Here is my entry :classic:

A new kind of superheroe :

Simon from the British TV series Misfits

6286152536_485181052e_z.jpg

I hope it sticks with the rules. :sceptic:

Hey guys,

I always wanted to build this, but it didn't suit the rules of any of the big contests's, so it's great there is this raffle! Behold a Batman 1966 series window cameo scene! (I really wish I had a blue Batman though...)

total.jpg

closeupfromleft.jpg

"Why hello! Who are you in your funny outfits? If you want to go to the costume party on the 5th floor, there's a doorbell, you know!"

detailfromright.jpg

"Fear not, citizen. We are crime-fighters sneaking up on our enemy who left the window open! Now return to your duties."

"Yeah, right... whatever..."

detailfromabovewithgargoyles.jpg

Hope you all like it!

Edited by Miss Kyle

Sounds like a nice contest, since I'm not able to participate in the other one I'm gonna build something for this one. :laugh: Too bad I don't own any official Batman figs already, they're hard to come by. :sceptic:

Here is my entry :classic:

A new kind of superheroe :

Simon from the British TV series Misfits

lool ! Super looser power !

Nathan will be better but probablytoo hard to find the good minifig head ! BTW, very original idea !

One day in the life of a Superhero...

Today: Invisible Woman is doing some shopping!

f4-1s.jpg

Ok, ok, I know this forum is full of skepticals... I can already hear the complaints "How do you know Invisible Girl is there, na na na? This is just a street with no one on it.."

Well, I put my brick where my mouth is and I give you the thermal vision shot!

f4-2s.jpg

AH!

Great entries so far, everybody! I am about half done with mine.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone know if you can enter the Super Heroes Unite contest more than once? I couldn't find anything about that in the rules on their website, and there are several MOCs I'd like to enter. :sceptic:

Great entries so far, everybody! I am about half done with mine.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone know if you can enter the Super Heroes Unite contest more than once? I couldn't find anything about that in the rules on their website, and there are several MOCs I'd like to enter. :sceptic:

Oky,

I'm almost positive you can. There are a number of people who have entered the same picture or video - and won, such as the Scarecrow biplane video. Though it looks like it the duplicate was deleted, the same exact Scarecrow biplane video was entered, and it won third place in the August bracket.

ceroknight,

Great job on your Abin Sur! Brilliant idea to use the Gringotts goblin as the basis for the head.

Edited by phanstasm

Thanks, but what I meant was if you can enter two or more different entries in the same month.

ceroknight,

Great job on your Abin Sur! Brilliant idea to use the Gringotts goblin as the basis for the head.

It's supposed to Sinestro...but thanks! :grin:

Thanks, but what I meant was if you can enter two or more different entries in the same month.

Sorry, Oky. To answer your real question: You can enter two or more different entries in the same month.

In August, Daniel Mezraev submitted multiple entries, and won third place with this:

5962047044_f3d8a1fd25_z.jpg

It's supposed to Sinestro...but thanks! :grin:

Doh! First I misunderstand Oky, then I can't properly identify the scourge of Green Lanterns everywhere. Must have been ready for bed.

Edited by phanstasm