Which one you think fits best the new line  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Take your favourite:

• Option A
    • Option B
    • Option C
    • Option D

Hi to all!!!

When I first saw the new Black Falcon knight in the Kingdoms Joust set, as most of us, I got really exited, so I decided to design an updated version of the Black Falcons faction, using Kingdoms aesthetics and elements as a base. I've come out with 4 possible designs and wanted to share them with you. I would also like to know which one you think fits best the new line (Option A, B, C or D) If someone knows how to add a poll into this, I would be thankful. Cheers, and enjoy!!!!

The Options:

bf-2012-000.jpg

Digital renders of the minifigs:

The idea is to use the Jeste's headwear, and paint it black instead of red, for the jester and to use black or dark brown farmer cowls for the archers and possibly for the squires. :) (just didn't have 3D versions of those)

King & Jesters:

bf2012-001.jpg

bf2012-002.jpg

bf2012-003.jpg

Squires

bf2012-004.jpg

bf2012-005.jpg

bf2012-006.jpg

Soldiers

bf2012-007.jpg

bf2012-008.jpg

bf2012-009.jpg

bf2012-010.jpg

bf2012-011.jpg

bf2012-012.jpg

bf2012-013.jpg

bf2012-014.jpg

bf2012-015.jpg

bf2012-016.jpg

bf2012-017.jpg

bf2012-018.jpg

bf2012-019.jpg

bf2012-020.jpg

bf2012-021.jpg

bf2012-022.jpg

bf2012-023.jpg

bf2012-024.jpg

bf2012-025.jpg

And finally, the PDF file, for thos who whish to use them (print them at 100% scale, an please give credit if used) Print Files :)

Edited by LuxorV
Added poll.

These look great. I voted for B, I think it looks the most balanced color-wise and the checker makes it fit well with torsos of recent years.

These look great. I voted for B, I think it looks the most balanced color-wise and the checker makes it fit well with torsos of recent years.

Thanks!!! It seems that option B is taking the lead...

(This thread is proof I visit this subforum far too infrequently)

Alas! Outstanding designs there. I quite like all of the above variants but tend to prefer options a) and d) equally. Option b) will definitely not get my vote for being a little too light in appearance, due to the white checkers pattern and because said checkers stray too much from BF's original design. One might counter that option c) is pretty light as well but here the overall design takes up the shield heraldry's "colour divide" pattern, which fits BF more than checkers would. And then again I can not remember there being a precedent example of BF sporting checkers, safe for some customs of course. Option d) is again a little dark, although I think it'd be quite perfect alongside the new official redesigned BF knight, as he is mostly dark as well. So here's a tough nut to crack.

As these are intended to be based upon the official redesign, option d) gets my vote because of the darker look and the colour-divide, with option a) following up just a tiny iota. King and jesters are A-grade as they are, no negative criticism here.

May I ask whether you plan to build upon these designs further? There's some pretty good potential behind these, and personally I'd love you do some damsels' dresses and perhaps some citizens' or nobles' attires as well.

Be well and many thanks for these! Good job frogstudio!

Cutty

(This thread is proof I visit this subforum far too infrequently)

Alas! Outstanding designs there. I quite like all of the above variants but tend to prefer options a) and d) equally. Option b) will definitely not get my vote for being a little too light in appearance, due to the white checkers pattern and because said checkers stray too much from BF's original design. One might counter that option c) is pretty light as well but here the overall design takes up the shield heraldry's "colour divide" pattern, which fits BF more than checkers would. And then again I can not remember there being a precedent example of BF sporting checkers, safe for some customs of course. Option d) is again a little dark, although I think it'd be quite perfect alongside the new official redesigned BF knight, as he is mostly dark as well. So here's a tough nut to crack.

As these are intended to be based upon the official redesign, option d) gets my vote because of the darker look and the colour-divide, with option a) following up just a tiny iota. King and jesters are A-grade as they are, no negative criticism here.

May I ask whether you plan to build upon these designs further? There's some pretty good potential behind these, and personally I'd love you do some damsels' dresses and perhaps some citizens' or nobles' attires as well.

Be well and many thanks for these! Good job frogstudio!

Cutty

Thnaks for your comments!!! I agree that option A is the closer you can get to the originals, while option D is closer to the darker character we're getting in the Joust set. Option b was my intent in trying to follow TLG current kingdoms theme which uses mostly checkered torsos. For the time being, I don't plan to expand the designs, basically because I lack the time... but who knows.... :)

Very beautiful renditions. I favor option A, but I like all of them. I really like the King the most. Great work!

I chose "C" because I don't think that if TLG released torsos like these that they would go with a purely black and white color scheme. While "D" does look spectacular, I think the blue makes the torsos feel a little more vibrant and makes them a little less monochromatic. "A" is the closest to the classic torso but I think TLG would choose to update it rather than keep the solid blue.

That being said, they are all spectacular! Now more than ever, I hope TLG comes back and updates the Black Falcons properly like you have. Thank you for sharing these!

I like your torso designs (D gets my preference), but personally I'd do away with the red hips and maybe change those to white/black. I think the red sticks out too much.

I know the original Black Falcons had red hips, but if you look at the current Lion and Dragon Knights, they didn't exactly copy the original designs either.

Edited by lego tripper

These are fantastic, I voted B because its my fav

Love all of them though especially the squires and Jesters

Edited by SirSven7

Very nice! :classic:

I love Option A the most ecause it looks the most like the original.

Nice work on those renders, they all look pretty sweet!

Plus I love the colour change from the typical whites, reds and golds that have been used in the castle themes recently.

I voted 'A' because in keeping with the more original designs, still they all look pretty cool though.