Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Starwind

Ship Classification, Ship Terminology, Sail orientation, Rigging Expla

Yes we should Mr Ghoulrealm, but I'm wondering does this one link merit its own thread or should we merge it with the threads that contain the links you've provided?

What's everyone else think?

Surely we do not have requirement to create a threads for every single link that leads to a source of pirate factual knowledge. Maybe if we made a directory of references and grouped similiar webpages under headings. We could stll keep a thread such as this for our dicussions but i do not belief we need a dsicussion for all links.

Yes, that's probably the way to go Mr Ghoulrealm. We could have an entire thread for Wikipedia articles. The first post would be like an index and the subsequent posts could be a discussion primarily to enable other users to contribute new links.

Yes, that's probably the way to go Mr Ghoulrealm. We could have an entire thread for Wikipedia articles. The first post would be like an index and the subsequent posts could be a discussion primarily to enable other users to contribute new links.

That's a good idea. There are lots of interesting links on wikipedia that relate to ships, shipbuilding, naval history and tactics. To share each others finds would be handy.

Ah, excellent find Admiral. I've been looking out for such a link. Just from glancing over it I can see there's a lot of juicy stuff. When I have more free time and a spare hull I shall read it.

This could be very useful for ship mocs, it is useful for me, now I know where to put sails and ropes on my ships, great find, thanks for putting this to my attention!

I'ld group it within the "Wikipeda's Glossary of nautical terms" thread

This is probably the way to go, but maybe we could turn this into a discussion thread so we can dicuss exactly what should go into the "Wikipeda's Glossary of nautical terms" thread, outside of that thread so as to not take it off topic.

I think a ''Wikipedia's glossary of nautical reference'' thread or something like that, would be the right place for this....

Yeah, I suppose since I'm the one with the editing powers I better add the link. But I'm way too tired to do it now so I'll do it another time. If I remember.

Should this thread be moved to the Great Library? It doesn't seem to be getting any new responses these days.