Sign in to follow this  
lego envy

[MOC] Viper Probe Droid

gallery_101_23_281.gif

i was messing around and came up with this....

1st try

IMG_0130.jpg

2nd try

IMG_0968.jpg

tried adding more arms and then i ran out...also, i added a different antenna... i will post more when i finish it to my liking..

thanks

3rd and 4th try and all done..

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

also, i included my first try at a scene from ESB.. bad lighting so the pics are not that good, sorry...enjoy

i think it came out good for my first..

Edited by lego envy

That's actually really nice, especially for your first MOC! :thumbup:

It's pretty accurate, and you made good use of that big piece. I would like to see more of your work in the future. :classic:

That's actually really nice, especially for your first MOC! :thumbup:

It's pretty accurate, and you made good use of that big piece. I would like to see more of your work in the future. :classic:

thanks, only thing i would like to make the arms a little longer....

Hi there, thank you for sharing this MOC. But in the future, pls. kindly observe proper capitalization in your posts. I've edited the title to a more descriptive one. :wink:

thanks, only thing i would like to make the arms a little longer....

That's a good idea, it would be more accurate. Maybe I'm picky now, but you might remove the 2x2 dome at top, as a probe droid doesn't have one. I would replace it with a longer antenna, as that would increase it's accuracy. :wink: But hey; just do what you like, I'm not here to change your MOC's. :laugh:

Edited by Hollander

Great work 'lego envy', though I happen to agree with your idea of longer arms. :thumbup:

May the Eurobrick be with you ! :grin:

thanks, i just need to figure out what to use on the arms..

That's easy, black BD arms the bent ones that is....remember in ESB it's arms hung downward if my memory serves me correct, just interlock into the current straight arms. :wink:

That's easy, black BD arms the bent ones that is....remember in ESB it's arms hung downward if my memory serves me correct, just interlock into the current straight arms. :wink:

i tried them.. when you put them together they fit sideways..

also, somehow i need to add a type of hinge to the arms tyat way they can easily bend.

Try rotating those blue robot hands holding the straight BD arms.....then the curved/bent arms will point downward. :wink:

Try rotating those blue robot hands holding the straight BD arms.....then the curved/bent arms will point downward. :wink:

that worked thanks... the only thing is i don't have enough arms to do it all.....lol

looks like i will be on a hunt to get some, or figure something else out...

thanks for the props guys.

The new arms are an improvement, but you may want to make them even longer to increase it's accuracy. As you can see here, the arms are not stretched, but they actually hinge at several places.

Edited by Hollander

The new arms are an improvement, but you may want to make them even longer to increase it's accuracy. As you can see here, the arms are not stretched, but they actually hinge at several places.

just ordered parts from pick a brick....thanks Hollander

Hmmm.....I like your use of the drill bit for the base, and I can't wait to see the improvements!

i just added pics.. all done.

pics added and a little scene i did too..

Very nice work, especially for your first SW MOC! It's come a long way since the beginning, and the only criticism that I would have now is that the snow seems a bit too chaotic, but otherwise good job! This would make a great entry for the community build.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Very nice work, especially for your first SW MOC! It's come a long way since the beginning, and the only criticism that I would have now is that the snow seems a bit too chaotic, but otherwise good job! This would make a great entry for the community build.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

yes, i know the snow is funky ....lol i will work on it too...

See, now it's perfect 'lego envy'.....and that vig with Han and Chewie.....matches the MOC perfectly ! :sweet:

AWESOME work and may the Eurobrick be with you 'lego envy' ! :grin:

yes, i know the snow is funky ....lol i will work on it too...

Basically it needs to be smooth. I'd say don't have so many random pointy thing sticking out of it and cover as much of it with tiles and slopes as possible.