Sign in to follow this  
Hiawatha

[MOC] USS Essex

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Look for it on the 9th.

I can't believe it was blogged! :pir-laugh:

Thank you Big Cam, I'm honored.

to make it look a bit longer and smoother, you could also lower the canon deck down atleast 1 stone. i saw you used the lego pre-manufactured doors to the cabin, but you could also built your own doors that dont need to be atleast 6 stones high. 5 would be enough that people can move their, excluding the high hats of the soldiers, but, give them other hats maybe for sea soldiers, marines, whatever...

This is pretty good! Nice job on the figurehead! it looks a bit like the Black Pearl's figurehead

Thanks! :pir-sweet:

to make it look a bit longer and smoother, you could also lower the canon deck down atleast 1 stone. i saw you used the lego pre-manufactured doors to the cabin, but you could also built your own doors that dont need to be atleast 6 stones high. 5 would be enough that people can move their, excluding the high hats of the soldiers, but, give them other hats maybe for sea soldiers, marines, whatever...

Thanks for the advice, that was one of the things that I was trying to: make sure the soliders could fit. This is why I used the pre-made doors.

Glad you enjoyed! :thumbup:

i just built a caraval/galleon just like this with the acessible lower deck, 2 day project. it looks a little sloppy, but it's a first attempt. i'll post a pic here soon as [MOC] Santa Fe

This build is definatly Blog worthy well done, its such a nice ship with so much life to it, it feels like an upgraded Imperial Flagship (Meaning its something that TLC might acually build) I am almost envious that you have this in the real world and I only get to see it in picture form.

Brilliant ship

i just built a caraval/galleon just like this with the acessible lower deck, 2 day project. it looks a little sloppy, but it's a first attempt. i'll post a pic here soon as [MOC] Santa Fe

Thanks, can't wait to see it! :pir-wink:

This build is definatly Blog worthy well done, its such a nice ship with so much life to it, it feels like an upgraded Imperial Flagship (Meaning its something that TLC might acually build) I am almost envious that you have this in the real world and I only get to see it in picture form.

Brilliant ship

Thank you very much for your comment. I loved seeing it blogged! :pir-wub: I really tried to make this MOC something with a lot of activity and I'm glad you were able to point that out. :pir-wink:

Thanks! :thumbup:

Edited by Hiawatha

Its sailors sleep with their eyes open. That's just creepy. Great MOC though, very realistic. :pir-classic:

They always have to be alert and ready for battle! :pir-wink:

I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I liked making it! :pir-laugh:

I took a picture while taking apart te USS Essex. I wanted to show it so you can see what the basic inside strutcure was.

100_2159.jpg