Sign in to follow this  
Walter

[MOC] Wampa Cave

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Made for the Episode V Community Build.

6266619497_ee695f85c7.jpg

6267170630_7e4a390399.jpg

I've attempted to create a simple scene of Luke inside the Wampa cave. I didn't include the Wampa for two reasons.

The first being I don't own one, and the second being that I couldn't really fit him in if I did have him.

The emphasis here is on Luke, not the wampa.

Sweet! I can't spot any studs, which is always a win for a stud hater like me. :laugh: The second shot is cool too, the darkness of the cave opposite the sun coming trough. :thumbup:

Nice smooth Wampa cave Walt, and great blue lighting. :thumbup: Looks cold in there.

Sweet! I can't spot any studs, which is always a win for a stud hater like me. :laugh: The second shot is cool too, the darkness of the cave opposite the sun coming trough. :thumbup:

Hollander I do see one stud in the bottom left of the second pic :tongue: .

Edited by wokajablocka

It looks perfect.

Awesome job Walt.

One on the remains on taun taun, and two on the lightsaber hilt. :wink:

It's a great cave. I won't throw around perfect like everyone has been doing, because it is very loosely based on the shots from the film, but it's a very nice cave given the small dimensions. I like the lighting as well.

[...]

One on the remains on taun taun, and two on the lightsaber hilt. :wink:

Talking about being smart... :wink::laugh:

About the second pic, if you are ever get your hands on a wampa, maybe you could make it's shadow coming out of the cave?

Wow. You really did a great job with the angels and the snow stuff here. :thumbup: I really like how the while MOC is at an angle.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone, and the blog post as well!

Holey Moley, that's beautiful!

And that second shot :wub: .

May I ask how you have Hoth Luke but no Wampa?

BTW, It's much better than mine.

Thanks!

I apologize for making a scene already made for the build.

It wasn't untill I was finished that I noticed one had already been made. :blush:

EDIT: Oh, and I only have the Hoth Luke because I got him off ebay.

One thing, the lightsaber is meant to be loged in the snow.

I found it would be too awkward looking if I attempted something like that.

Not enough room beneath the hilt in the base of the creation. I would've had to restructure the entire build. :sceptic:

It's a great cave. I won't throw around perfect like everyone has been doing, because it is very loosely based on the shots from the film, but it's a very nice cave given the small dimensions. I like the lighting as well.

I wouldn't say it was loosely based on shots from the film. I tried pretty hard to get the right angles going, using shots like this as a reference. I did some take liberties, yes, but I attempted to make a faithful and accurate rendition in vignette form.

Edited by Walt

Wow, that's a really sweet looking Wampa Cave, great work on the icicles and lots of nice angles :thumbup: . This would look great on my mantelpiece :grin: .

This is a pretty cool MOC. The simplicity with the pure white bricks works great. The lighting always is a big plus that I've never tried to work with. Maybe someday. Nice job!